Ex cop "Jo Ferrari" swears on his amulet it wasn't about money - just protecting the public

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

ASEAN NOW notes that this is wearing extremely thin with a public convinced that many aspects of the RTP make them look virtually synonymous with the mafia

Synonymous, they are the mafia.

• Like 2

and we are supposed to believe that are we? After he instructed his staff to tell the hospital that the victim died of "an overdose". Can he explain how he can afford 29 cars - one at 47M Baht and his playboy lifestyle on 43,000B a month? Thailand is in a pandemic and this is endemic of the abuse of power and influence in Thailand. And Prayut wonders why the US call Thailand a corrupt society! A few Wais, he'll offer to become a monk for a month and it will all be swept under the carpet and will be the victim's mistake - TiT!

• Like 1

We can all see the way this will go.  The police chief has already make comments in support of the idea that the missing 100,000 speed pills were not actually seized and that it was not so bad because he was trying to get information rather than case out of the victim.  There is a lot of money in this for senior cops and prosecutors and there are important businesses and franchises to be protected. They will all be out on bail soon intimidating witnesses, arranging for nasty accidents and destroying evidence. The trial will be delayed for at least 2 or 3 years until public interest has subsided.  Then they will be acquitted for lack of evidence and reinstated with promotions and good service awards. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spam1 said:

Let’s see how many others come forward that survived the bag treatment, also the families of them that didn’t and were put down to drugs. This I’m afraid runs through all the top brass.

I estimate about none sadly.

• Like 1

The worst part about all of this is he is trying to defend how he accumulated all of his worldly goods. Just give up mate for goodness sake! Your were on 43k a month!

The police should save themselves the embarrassment and silence him…but I suppose he will have good reason why he was on camera puting a bag over another persons head and now they are dead.

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It was murder caught on film and in my view, it was a regular used tactic.

It was vicious, merciless and calculated. He has been caught red handed.

It makes me wonder who put the camera in place?? If that is out in the open, I have missed it.

I would like to think it was somebody who was sickened by this kind of behavior towards another human being. We now have trial by torture and extra judicial killings.

Truth be told, it was probably an underling who filmed that was disappointed by their cut of the graft that they take or the overall greed of this Colonel taking the cream all the time, who led this group of misfits.

Maybe it was simply someone who didn't agree with those tactics - pure and simple. 

Not everyone in the police force is completely devoid of morals. 

• Like 2

OK.

1. The excuse that vast wealth came from government system of sharing a percentage of illegally imported cars seized. OK, But there are many to divide those fines up with and share the wealth, not only him. He would have earned nowhere near this amount after it was shared.

2. They say he was responsible for and part of the operation that actually brought these cars into Thailand. Why not? Earning at both ends, that's what you call having your cake and eating it.

3. According to sources, the public didn't get a look in at these auctions as they were pre sold to a group of certain privileged buyers, no doubt a group of which he and other high ranking toads, were members.

4. The upkeep alone on this array of vehicles would be huge, same with the house, unless massive amounts of ' graft ' were employed, it cannot be done.

5. A former model and ex girlfriend says he asked her four years ago to look after 230 million baht as a nominee.

6. For the small amount of drugs found on the suspect and in his home, how can that justify this level of violence, even in his warped mind? The guy is a Psychopath.

7. To say they didn't do this for money, is just a way of him and his underlings trying to pr-empt the court into believing, that they behaved like this under some misguided moral crusade to protect youngsters from drugs. Why then, when offered 1 million, they wanted 2 million?

8. There are millions and millions of acquired unexplained wealth.

It's premeditated murder, there is no justification.

In Thailand when crime occurs, there is a charge called ' Loo um ' which means together, with, or party to, a crime.

That is what any other officer in the room is guilty of. In the USA, I think you people would call it being an accessory to murder. In UK, it's joint enterprise.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Maybe it was simply someone who didn't agree with those tactics - pure and simple. 

I really hope you are right and I want to believe that and hope it comes out as just so.

Edited by Scouse123

10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I fear for the guy whoever he might be, and the lawyer that released it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

OK.

1. The excuse that vast wealth came from government system of sharing a percentage of illegally imported cars seized. OK, But there are many to divide those fines up with and share the wealth, not only him. He would have earned nowhere near this amount after it was shared.

2. They say he was responsible for and part of the operation that actually brought these cars into Thailand. Why not? Earning at both ends, that's what you call having your cake and eating it.

3. According to sources, the public didn't get a look in at these auctions as they were pre sold to a group of certain privileged buyers, no doubt a group of which he and other high ranking toads, were members.

4. The upkeep alone on this array of vehicles would be huge, same with the house, unless massive amounts of ' graft ' were employed, it cannot be done.

5. A former model and ex girlfriend says he asked her four years ago to look after 230 million baht as a nominee.

6. For the small amount of drugs found on the suspect and in his home, how can that justify this level of violence, even in his warped mind? The guy is a Psychopath.

7. To say they didn't do this for money, is just a way of him and his underlings trying to pr-empt the court into believing, that they behaved like this under some misguided moral crusade to protect youngsters from drugs. Why then, when offered 1 million, they wanted 2 million?

8. There are millions and millions of acquired unexplained wealth.

It's premeditated murder, there is no justification.

In Thailand when crime occurs, there is a charge called ' Loo um ' which means together, with, or party to, a crime.

That is what any other officer in the room is guilty of. In the USA, I think you people would call it being an accessory to murder. In UK, it's joint enterprise.

Just following the example set by a previous PM who added and abetted the outright murders of over 2000 - that we are aware of. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I fear for the guy whoever he might be, and the lawyer that released it.

Wouldn't be the first nor the last to flee the country after pointing the finger. 

This investigation sounds like an ideal project for "Big Joke" to get his teeth into - the kudos to arrive at the only valid conclusion would place him on the top rung in the eyes of the majority of  voiceless Thai people. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he would not normally have got involved but it appeared to be a big case so he did.

Yeah, he's got a garage full of "getting involved before" 

anyone wonder what happens to drugs after a bust... you won't need 3 guesses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suestra29 said:

He should get a full life sentence and his accomplices 20 years with no remission. They should also seize all their wealth and use it for the poor. Note one of his men tried to get 900,000 baht bail. Top cop of RTP should also be investigated on his wealth. 

In China, (which Thailand would like to emulate), this guy would be executed. In China they have to take out a few of the bad ones to show the people that they are seriously deserving of running and controlling the country. "Jo" is by no means the big fish, and again, in China, they go after a few of the big fish too. The Thais haven't quite grasped that tenet in the emulation process. I am not in favour of capital punishment, but I think it's a concept that might have significant impact on the Thai psyche, and clearly the RTP is in dire straits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chalawaan said:

You'd be surprised what people accept, usually self-interest has a big part in their belief system.

Of course, since no fellow officers have anything to fear, and no self-interest in hiding unusual wealth themselves, no-one will accept any part of his kindergarten tales whatsoever!

Unless of course, Inspector chicken-wing here is going to be the whipping-boy to 'prove' corruption has been tackled. He did ok for a runt with girls biceps!

Yes  I noticed the girl biceps straight off