Expats' vaccinations: 54K have registered on consular website as jabs continue apace

webfact

10 hours ago, fdsa said:

wow, the replies do bring some hope as it looks like some <60yo farangs actually got Pfizer.

To everyone who got Pfizer vaccine: please write your age and city, not only the date of registration&appointment.

I am 60+ and I have an appointment next week for a Pfizer jab in Nakhon Sawan. This came through Expatvac.

• Like 1

I was out the door at MedPark at 9:00am this morning after getting my first Pfizer shot, I'm 41 years old and no underlying condition. Second shot is on September 18, I told the doctor don't mix and match and give me Sino or AZ as the second shot ,she said no mix and match only Pfizer.

I took a look at the line up outside for vaccine registration as I was leaving and it was snaking all the way around to the front entrance. Go early in the morning is all I got to say.

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

I was out the door at MedPark at 9:00am this morning after getting my first Pfizer shot, I'm 41 years old and no underlying condition. Second shot is on September 18, I told the doctor don't mix and match and give me Sino or AZ as the second shot ,she said no mix and match only Pfizer.

I took a look at the line up outside for vaccine registration as I was leaving and it was snaking all the way around to the front entrance. Go early in the morning is all I got to say.

I am sincerely happy for all falangs and Thais who, like me, have received  a Pfizer vaccination.

However, my 59 year-old Thai wife and I are not happy that she was yesterday offered an appointment for Sinovac. Based on negative Sinovac reports on tv. Line and Facebook my wife, her family and friends will refuse Sinovac and hope later to receive AZ or Pfizer.

Who decides which 2nd class citizens receive 2nd class vaccines ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Misty said:

That's unfortunate. No Pfizer booster for her as a medical person?  Could it be a distribution problem? Hundreds of thousands of the US's first 1.5m donation were set aside for this purpose.

I did ask her.  

"That's the rules made by the Health Ministry."

Still trying to wrap my head around that.

Heres something about it from NNT:

Be aware this news source is a government mouthpiece:

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210802154834470

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not necessarily, I am in a deep red zone, and nobody I know has had anything other than the acknowledgement of registration, nearly all ar over 60 and at least 3 of us have multiple medical conditions that are on the priority list.

Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospital is having Pfeizer vaccines on the 12th at Central.

I'm supposed to check online or 3 days ahead of that date.

Its a 4 hours drive from our Isaan resort home.

No problem for me.  I'm glad to get vaccinated.  I've got a gift certificate for the Avani I need to use as well.

Good luck.

PS

I just registered by calling them.  They were very helpful.  Easy.

thailandintevac.com is still open for pre-registrations. I just checked the website (Sat 28-Aug 20:30). See below for image of the screen that greets you. What's more is the age 'qualifier' has been reduced to 40 from 60 (on the initial intervac screen at least).

Still very limited geographically - Bangkok, Chonburi and Khon Kaen. Caution though: I clicked on Khon Kaen and the hospital page seemed to limit pre-registration to those over 60, not 40 (plus the 7 conditions possible door opener too of course).

I went to Khon Kaen last Saturday, 300km drive from deepest Sisaket, but worth it to get the jab programme going. Very efficient and huge vaccination centre at Central Pattana with professional Bangkok Hospital staff and a doctor to talk to (or who wanted to talk to you if you had conditions).

I registered with expatvac.com initially on 1-Aug and had then registered with intervac on 5-Aug as back-up. I got the standard 'you screwed up on the passport/visa page but you can put it right now' message from expatvac and by that time I had already received two acceptances from the two intervac hospitals I applied to. Decided not to wait for expatvac and grabbed intervac while it was hot. Intervac had worked smoothly and quickly; expatvac had been administratively messed up and annoying.

Caution No 2 though: I got Astra Zeneca; would have preferred Pfizer but grabbed what I couldthe first non-Sino that came along. Happy with AZ, but dose no 2 for AZ is 8 weeks after dose 1 at Khon Kaen (I think AZ may generally be longer-gapped than Pfizer). I see that most people are getting their Pfizer 2nd dose within a matter of 2 - 4 weeks. Had I persevered with expatvac I would probably have been jabbed with Pfizer at Ubon (85 clicks away) yesterday.

Ah well - it is what it is. I'm happy!
image.png.d4e3bde942e3eee874647f03ad4f5af6.png

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

I just tried to sign up at Vimut Hospital as listed in the above post.

First I go through initial registration where I get caught in a super loop.

1. Enter passport and phone. OK

2. Enter OTP: Success!

3. Fill in personal info ,name, BOD, user and password.

ERROR! username OR ID card already taken.

Occurred first time and then every time on changing things like username.

Next, tried "Forget username and password?" returns no such person.

Having survived earlier vaccine-website wars, I'm surprised to see this again.

Anyone have any experience here?

I registered on 1 August and heard nothing, still haven't, but I found out the provincial hospital had an inital list of 30 name and was starting the Pfizer jabs. My name not there but was reassured it would be next on enquiry to the email support. Still nothing to date.

So based on many medics saying take whats on offer first on 25th I had jab 1 SV and on 15 Sep will get jab 2 AZ.

Not ideal but reading all the reports of bad and good for every vaccine it's seems it's now pot luck.

Edited by Saltire

I read a lot about not many Expats at the shot centers. One reason maybe like me . Could not get on the Modera sign up each time I tried the hospitals sign up was full even after only being open less then a hr. This back in late May early June I did not believe any Pfizer would be here until late Dec or next year. Did the next best thing at the time got both the wife and me AZ shots in June 2nd shot Sept 6 . So when the Pfizer sign up came in Aug, I was not eligible already had one corvid  19 vaccination. End Story 

On 8/27/2021 at 10:09 AM, Scrotobike said:

I think some expats are getting vaccinated in large cities especially BKK and other potential litterbox areas, but not as a result of this useless system.

Just like all the other scams - put in your name - it is activity - keep the dirty expats quiet as they happily confuse activity with results.

I've been vaccinated as a result of this system as have a few friends.

And some have declined appointments as they received jabs straight from hospital contact.

On 8/27/2021 at 6:56 PM, csmith said:

Really …. Lots of Expats (only) getting shots at McCormick Hospital over the past two weeks …. In fact I think there may even be some open walk-in sessions planned for next week.

D1B8A5F9-4D78-44D1-9125-4A4958F2EFC9.png

968E66C5-D01D-49B2-92E2-3988B919ABCB.jpeg

C03E891D-10F8-4E7A-9335-3C78BA49BE5E.jpeg

ACBA12C8-8B97-4316-91A5-3851AB0586D3.jpeg

A7879AA4-204B-4FB7-8450-63CC0813B523.jpeg

i was told that once we registered on the expatvac site we would receive notification of a specific appointment time. heard nada from them.  so you are saying this is a cattle call and to just show up?

16 hours ago, malibukid said:

i was told that once we registered on the expatvac site we would receive notification of a specific appointment time. heard nada from them.  so you are saying this is a cattle call and to just show up?

You should, as I did, receive an sms message from the hospital and email from expatvac. You confirm back to accept using return email  which is then finalised. Message Saturday, Jab Monday. This was Kanchanaburi main hospital. 

The sms was probably 3+ weeks after booking.

aviary-image-1629691373605.jpeg

aviary-image-1629691295169.jpeg