Amazing Thailand: 500 dogs given Thai ID cards

webfact

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

We are not married. We are both farang. Got pink ID card very easily and only cost a few Baht. 

Have you actually tried to get one?

yes I tried many times, and still the same answer they need my legalized copy and translated legalized passport..So I have given up.. because makingnappointment on the Embassy and then to the Ministry and all the costs... It is not worth for me.. I have my drivers  license and a copy of my passport with me, but I am not officially registered in Thailand...

Edited by ikke1959

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

yes I tried many times, and still the same answer they need my legalized copy and translated legalized passport..So I have given up.. because makingnappointment on the Embassy and then to the Ministry and all the costs... It is not worth for me.. I have my drivers  license and a copy of my passport with me, but I am not officially registered in Thailand...

Sorry about that. That is crazy. 

Must be your land office there. 

There are many people I know that have the pink ID card and they got it just as easily as me.

All I needed was my passport and house book with my address inside . I did not even need to take photos as they did that for me at the time.  Took about 20 minutes and cost about 70 Baht. 

Not sure what you mean about a legalised copy of your passport. Won't they accept your original current passport? 

I don't know of any other people who have had an issue with it. You are very unlucky. 

No copy of gthe passport It must be legalized by the embassy first, translated etc.. I don't have a yellow book too and everytime I go they ask me?? so long in Thailand an no yellow book or pink card?? and than they come with the rules again.. Even I proposed to get an official letter from the immigration they said no...and I know from friends that they had let their passport translated by a lawyer, but that was dissapproved ...Okay for me no problem if they don't to give  they can keep it..

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I tried many times, and still the same answer they need my legalized copy and translated legalized passport..

Are getting mixed up with obtaining a 'Yellow Book'.

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Must be your land office there. 

You 'Land Office' has nothing to do with it. 

5 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I know from friends that they had let their passport translated by a lawyer, but that was dissapproved

So it should. It has to be confirmed as official by getting it stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Are getting mixed up with obtaining a 'Yellow Book'.

You 'Land Office' has nothing to do with it. 

I think they don't know what or how.....and maybe mixing things... but I have given up..I have my drivers license that will do too

• Like 1

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

So it should. It has to be confirmed as official by getting it stamped by the Ministry if Foreign affairs.

And the ministry of foreign affairs disapproved the translation..... it had to be done by one of them they were told ...... money  money money

12 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

We are not married. We are both farang. Got pink ID card very easily and only cost a few Baht. 

Have you actually tried to get one?

But the dog got a Thai ID card for free.

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2021 at 1:45 AM, Can samui said:

Once again proving that expats are indeed viewed as lower than animals here.

In fairness, most dogs just try to hump their legs.  Not their daughters.

Edited by impulse