Killer cops’ case sheds light on rampant police abuse of suspects, reform unlikely – HRW

snoop1130

I only hope this episode, in addition to all the current disillusionment, is the catalyst for change.

I have suffered at the hands of the RTP having been the arrested as a result of being attacked by a drunken jealous neighbour.  I was held in a police cell for 2 days without being permitted to contact anyone before being taken to an office and told to sign a statement, in Thai, but not asked for my version of events.  I signed the statement adding a notation that I did not give the statement and was signing under duress.  The officer had a fit when the interpreter told him so I was kicked and punched when returned to the cell.  A day later, I was told that I was going home before being shackled to 3 other prisoners and taken to court where I was remanded to prison, without bail, supposedly pending a police investigation.  I attended court on 3-4 occasions and the judge only considered the police 'evidence' which was my 'confession', i.e. the statement they had concocted.  As a result, I was deported and blacklisted, after being imprisoned for 5 months.   The appeal process has taken more than 2 years so far, with continual and constant delays, but a decision is expected before the end of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I have noticed the word, brutality, mentioned several times. Never seen `corruption` being mentioned regarding his wealth. Is there some legal reason why the media have not used this word?

Just the tip of the ice berg.

On top of that, I went into a local Isaan police station last week.

Did the usual temp check at the entrance etc.

A uniform in a office with the door open pointed me towards a door, clearly the reception.

Upon entering I was greeted by a rhythmic noise.

It was emanating from beyond the plastic screen set upon a desk.

On closer inspection I found the uniformed receptionist layed horizontally across 2 chairs chopping wood, zzzz, zzzz.

Imagine walking into a police station in the UK and finding the duty sergeant asleep snoring his head off.

It's simple, you wouldn't.

A further disgrace to the force.

Edited by Andycoops
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 7:37 AM, mikosan said:

I always wondered how they managed to get confessions out of just about every suspect, in no time at all.  How I know for sure, whereas before I just surmised.

If you ask the 2 guys from Myanmar in Koh Tao, few years ago, they used boiling water on the legs...

6 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Just the tip of the ice berg.

On top of that, I went into a local Isaan police station last week.

Did the usual temp check at the entrance etc.

A uniform in a office with the door open pointed me towards a door, clearly the reception.

Upon entering I was greeted by a rhythmic noise.

It was emanating from beyond the plastic screen set upon a desk.

On closer inspection I found the uniformed receptionist layed horizontally across 2 chairs chopping wood, zzzz, zzzz.

Imagine walking into a police station in the UK and finding the duty sergeant asleep snoring his head off.

It's simple, you wouldn't.

A further disgrace to the force.

Have a heart. The poor chap had been up half the night.....................................................................

collecting brown envelopes.