4G versus 5G

thecyclist

Technically you don't need it but it's always advantageous to spend a bit extra on technology. Ask yourself, how much time do you spend on your phone? 

Most people use their phone everyday or computers and are a bit hesitant to splurge, hypothetically if your productivity could be even just 10% faster your life would be a lot more efficient. 

Now 4G speeds are like 30mb/s, and 5G is 500-1000mb+/s, a lot faster.

Keep in mind, technology advances quite rapidly, 6G will be next and 4G will be like using a horse instead of a car, well not really, maybe a Corolla instead of a Lamborghini, but if it's not much more to get the 5G device, in my opinion I'd choose that. 

I was living quite frugally the past few years saving in my early 20's and I recently started putting money into my tech devices again as I started working online and I have to say, it's night and day switching from a 4G to a 5G phone and it opens a lot of possibilities. I.e being able to hotspot your laptop from your phone and get faster speeds than most direct connections. Completely eliminated the need for me to get wired internet and I am completely mobile being able to work anywhere.

But that being said it depends on what you'll be doing and whether or not the extra cost is justified.

Edited by dj230