Pattaya will lift most coronavirus restrictions on retail and dining from next month and permit gatherings of up to 25 people

Espanol

236501337_10158222422082050_5309947136427813566_n.jpeg

From Sept. 1, shopping malls, salons, barber shops, foot massages and sports fields, are allowed to resume operations, while restaurants can open to diners, the task force said.

Authorities asked business operators to ensure service staff are fully vaccinated and regularly tested with antigen kits, and to require customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests.

• Like 1

This is not confirmed yet and has nothing to do with Pattaya as each Governor can choose whether or not to follow these proposed relaxations or not if they get approval. It seems targeted towards Bangkok as more people are fully vaccinated there or will be soon.

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

customers to show proof of vaccination and negative tests.

'and' or 'or'? ????

If 'and' that's a lot to ask for?

if 'or' then I would be ok getting an ATK once every week or two.

7 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

In this case you mean anyone under 40 is a minor?  People 40 and above and foreign  have no issue with getting vaccinated.   There is no crime in Thailand 

Nah a minor is a person who is under 18.

People under 40 are able to get vaccinated.

Edited by Ralf001

11 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

How can service  staff get vaccinated  if they are under age, and they cant get appointments?  Really!

That was the issue at my village market.... a rule was brought in that all stall holders had to have been fully vaccinated... but being under 60 they were struggling to achieve this, and much of the market was empty. 

Lol - I've had a covid test (negative result) and got my first AZ shot a couple weeks ago and have no proof of either. 

Was I supposed to take a photo of getting the jab and keep that on my phone ? Little late now.

Years ago in Canada when people donated blood they had a card that would be annotated to show when they donated. One - it helped the donor keep track of how much they'd given and two - it let the hospital/clinic know how long it had been since the donor last gave blood (as there is supposed to be something like a 3 month period between donations).

When I get my annual PA 1st VIP Accident Insurance every year, the girl at the bank fills out a form and a detachable card in a booklet, which she then gives me.

Shouldn't be that hard to make a similar detachable "covid vaccine" card where the details of who you are, when you got jabbed (and with what) could be recorded.

And the quoted article in the OP says areas in the "dark red zones" which includes Pattaya/Chon Buri so there's no reason to think that we'd be excluded, though there is a possibility of the governor and/or Pattaya Mayor maintaining some restrictions if they see spikes in infections.

Here is a link to the Facebook article quoted in the OP:
https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos/a.10151714100817050/10158222422072050/

• Like 1

Pattaya will lift most coronavirus restrictions on retail and dining from next month and permit gatherings of up to 25 people

I can't find a link or reference to the "gatherings of up to 25 people".

And no mention if the restrictions on alcohol have changed either. (So maybe 25 people can "gather" but only 1 can still "drink" ?)

16 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

And no mention if the restrictions on alcohol have changed either. (So maybe 25 people can "gather" but only 1 can still "drink" ?)

There is a info-graph in 'the' newspaper. No alcohol in any restaurant in any zone. I doubt many/ any restaurant will open with these restrictions. 

42 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Lol - I've had a covid test (negative result) and got my first AZ shot a couple weeks ago and have no proof of either. 

Was I supposed to take a photo of getting the jab and keep that on my phone ? Little late now.

Years ago in Canada when people donated blood they had a card that would be annotated to show when they donated. One - it helped the donor keep track of how much they'd given and two - it let the hospital/clinic know how long it had been since the donor last gave blood (as there is supposed to be something like a 3 month period between donations).

When I get my annual PA 1st VIP Accident Insurance every year, the girl at the bank fills out a form and a detachable card in a booklet, which she then gives me.

Shouldn't be that hard to make a similar detachable "covid vaccine" card where the details of who you are, when you got jabbed (and with what) could be recorded.

And the quoted article in the OP says areas in the "dark red zones" which includes Pattaya/Chon Buri so there's no reason to think that we'd be excluded, though there is a possibility of the governor and/or Pattaya Mayor maintaining some restrictions if they see spikes in infections.

Here is a link to the Facebook article quoted in the OP:
https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos/a.10151714100817050/10158222422072050/

I don't have any paper proof of my 2 vaccinations tocarry around.  The only paper I have is my second vaccination appointment.   I think my Thai partner has something on his phone that says--in Thai--that we both got 2 vaccinations of Sinovac.  

18 minutes ago, newnative said:

I don't have any paper proof of my 2 vaccinations tocarry around.  The only paper I have is my second vaccination appointment.   I think my Thai partner has something on his phone that says--in Thai--that we both got 2 vaccinations of Sinovac.  

Don't they give you something after the 2nd jab? What if you wanted to travel by air.

17 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Don't they give you something after the 2nd jab? What if you wanted to travel by air.

I was told we would get some vaccination certificate after the second jab when I attended my first at Pattaya's Central Festival BR. Have to see in 10 days or so.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Henryford said:

No, we did not get anything to carry with us after the second jabs.  Our vaccination info is only on the Mor Prom app--and only in Thai.  My partner wasn't sure what the procedure would be when and if we travel by air.   Any other information by others is welcome.    

1 hour ago, pontious said:

There is a info-graph in 'the' newspaper. No alcohol in any restaurant in any zone. I doubt many/ any restaurant will open with these restrictions. 

Ah - saw that graph (in Thai) in "that" newspaper.

Alcohol restrictions to remain as they are. Some restaurants will open. A friend of mine has a bar/restaurant/coffee shop on Buakhao that he kept open until the last shut down, even though he was reduced to just selling coffee. (He used to be able to sell "dine in" meals, then it went to "delivery only" to "no food" and then not even coffee.)

Don't know about the whole "vaccination" business though, especially expecting customers to show proof of vaccinations and/(or) negative covid tests ?

Sheesh, maybe they should have to show that they have a valid visa/extension and that they did their last 90 day report on time as well !
(Most of his customers are foreigners.)

Will that be required at every shopping mall and 7-11 as well ? 
Walk into a 7-11, do the temperature scan, wait to have your "proof of being fully vaccinated" (card or certificate) scanned - or a recent "proof of negative covid test within the last 72 hours" certificate scanned, then proceed to the cashier to buy your pack of cigarettes or pay your water bill ?

Can't see that happening.

• Like 2

So you can get as fat as a pig by eating in restaurants again, and even have a trim and a foot massage so that you will look nice and tidy and relaxed when they put you in your coffin after the coronary, but you're still not allowed to exercise in gyms or pools? If this is a reflection of the priorities by which this country is governed, then it's no wonder so many Thai kids these days look like miniature versions of the Incredible Hulk.

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was told we would get some vaccination certificate after the second jab when I attended my first at Pattaya's Central Festival BR. Have to see in 10 days or so.

Apparently BPH who are doing the covid jabs in Central will issue 2 papers (Thai/English) to validate you have been vaxed.....let,s wait and see...my second visit is on the 13th so if you will jacko45k update us when you get yours done if this is correct or not please?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Mate had his second jab yesterday. Just downloaded Mor Prom app and all vaccination details are there. We are both computer dummies and it onlt took minutes. The bit of paper you get with a QR code after the jab can also be scanned in to Line.

This is the correct answer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Mate had his second jab yesterday. Just downloaded Mor Prom app and all vaccination details are there. We are both computer dummies and it onlt took minutes. The bit of paper you get with a QR code after the jab can also be scanned in to Line.

Do not have that App nor Line on the phone...can I scan the QR code and show vaccination records anyhow?

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Apparently BPH who are doing the covid jabs in Central will issue 2 papers (Thai/English) to validate you have been vaxed.....let,s wait and see...my second visit is on the 13th so if you will jacko45k update us when you get yours done if this is correct or not please?

Sure... but I expect others will be there ahead of me (9th).

They’re going to put up extravagant window dressing that appears on the surface to show rules are being observed and enforced and literally nothing will change. Thai street markets are still open after 8pm off main roads. Nobody is vaccinated. It’s pretty comical. I guarantee ALL the massage girls will be back offering ALL the services and they’ll just out a sign outside that says “sorry only foot massage.”

• Like 1