Thailand red list: British tourists face huge costs in dash back to UK to beat hotel quarantine

webfact

I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm struggling to understand why I should feel any sympathy for this woman and her boyfriend.

Yes, she was apparently visiting her parents for the first time in two years, well she's not alone in that.

My wife along with countless others haven't seen family in over 2 years.

Remember there was a time within most of our lifetimes, that when family moved overseas you probably didn't see them for 10-20 years and phone calls and letters were how you kept in touch, so don't give me the 'basic human rights' argument BS.

As for the money. Yeah maybe she was a starving student, but bankrupt!

Kids can put that much on a credit card for the latest must have with the blink of an eye.

Then there is just common sense. They were having a vacation, the family stuff is just a smokescreen.

Anyone with half a brain has seen how travel restrictions can change on a dime in the past couple of years, and if they had a brain larger than a fruit fly should have taken this into consideration before deciding to travel

Edited by GinBoy2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That has already been answered, but to repeat because a negative test only proves uninfected at the time of the test- can become infected after.

The vaccine doesn't stop one becoming infected, and someone from a red zone may have a more virulent variant of covid when arriving in the UK.

So that defeats the purpose of vaccine passports, just as I thought????

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 6:46 AM, jacko45k said:

You seem yo have comprehension issues..... he went straight from school to work as many did back then, because that was what one needed to do. The people younger than him then were in primary school or nappies and not really organizing their lives in a way that means they don't live to work. 

Gap years were perhaps things kids from rich families could do.... my parents certainly could not have afforded to pay for a Beano.... my father couldn't grasp the concept of further education after 16. 

Yeah, it me that has issues understanding context.

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Their parents must be proud. Call the police,  the village idiots have gone missing. 

Gone missing? You are living proof that some of them are right here on what was formely called thaivisa. (Thaivirus.com).

It doesn't seem you are lacking for company either.

Edited by n00dle

On 8/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, starky said:

2500 quid will bankrupt her? She should be working then not traipsing round the world during a pandemic. 

When the cases hit 2000 a day then 5000 then 10000 at any point did these flips think "oh I wonder ifThailand will get put on a red list?" Idiots.

Totally agree.if £2500 will bankrupt her she should never come out of England.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm struggling to understand why I should feel any sympathy for this woman and her boyfriend.

Yes, she was apparently visiting her parents for the first time in two years, well she's not alone in that.

My wife along with countless others haven't seen family in over 2 years.

Remember there was a time within most of our lifetimes, that when family moved overseas you probably didn't see them for 10-20 years and phone calls and letters were how you kept in touch, so don't give me the 'basic human rights' argument BS.

As for the money. Yeah maybe she was a starving student, but bankrupt!

Kids can put that much on a credit card for the latest must have with the blink of an eye.

Then there is just common sense. They were having a vacation, the family stuff is just a smokescreen.

Anyone with half a brain has seen how travel restrictions can change on a dime in the past couple of years, and if they had a brain larger than a fruit fly should have taken this into consideration before deciding to travel

should never ha be left their own country.

40 minutes ago, jcojco said:

5 times less than in the UK and in the sun

Then good luck to her, and maybe stop whining about being 'bankrupt',

Such an nonsense story, and I can't wait until the GoFundme pleas start

On 8/28/2021 at 6:47 PM, 4MyEgo said:

My comment was based on tourists coming here, so best you get over it because your an exception living here, in other words don't start something that has nothing to do with you.

Get home safely.

I still have to travel on Tourist visas, so kindly mind your manners. 

• Haha 1