Record number of COVID-19 vaccinations in single day on Friday in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, MaiDong said:

The people who would benefit from fudging the numbers are the people in charge of the purchase & distribution of the vaccines,

Sorry, you lost me.

Who are these people, please be precise. And how do they manipulate the numbers?

• Thanks 1

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Sorry, you lost me.

Who are these people, please be precise. And how do they manipulate the numbers?

Remember for one second where in the world you are, then use a little imagination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaiDong said:

Remember for one second where in the world you are, then use a little imagination.

Yeah, that's helpful.

Clearly you're imagining some massive cover-up to fudge the vaccination numbers.

When pressed for even a whiff of proof, or a reason for the cabal to engage in this behavior, you get all defensive, and deflect back onto me.

I prefer facts, or at least a reasonable argument or opinion.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, that's helpful.

Clearly you're imagining some massive cover-up to fudge the vaccination numbers.

When pressed for even a whiff of proof, or a reason for the cabal to engage in this behavior, you get all defensive, and deflect back onto me.

I prefer facts, or at least a reasonable argument or opinion.

I was simply replying to your post in which you stated that the fudging of the numbers 'begs credulity'.

I also believe that as corruption is so rife in this country, that it's a 'reasonable argument or opinion' to suggest that some funny business has gone on in the procurement of vaccines.

I don't know where you saw me getting defensive, all I said was to use a little imagination, did you take that to heart? ????

Edited by MaiDong

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

coming soom Thailand administers 280  million shots in 1  month............unfortunately thats 4  times the population

We must be giving the vaccines to all those Chinese Tourist? You know the millions that were suppose to come.

2 hours ago, MaiDong said:

915,000 in a single day.

Based on a 12 hour day;

76,250 per hour.

1,270 per minute.

21 per second.

Does that look possible? I don't know how many separate sites are administering the vaccines, but say for example it's 21 sites, they'd have to be jabbing 1 person every second, for 12 hours.

As of today, there are 993 vaccination centers in Thailand, at least 25 centers in Bangkok, 25 centers operated by social security offices, 11 centers operated by universities, and 10 central vaccination centers such as Bang Sue Central Station, Rajanukul Institute, Srithanya Hospital, Bang Rak Medical Center, etc. All vaccination centers in provinces are providing standardized vaccination services.

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/07-06-2021-launch-national-wide-covid-19-vaccination-rollout-at-bangsue-central-vaccination-center-thailand

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaiDong said:

915,000 in a single day.

Based on a 12 hour day;

76,250 per hour.

1,270 per minute.

21 per second.

Does that look possible? I don't know how many separate sites are administering the vaccines, but say for example it's 21 sites, they'd have to be jabbing 1 person every second, for 12 hours.

The people who would benefit from fudging the numbers are the people in charge of the purchase & distribution of the vaccines, for example, several of my son's friends have had both jabs, many months ago actually, because their parents work in high up positions in private corporations, how did they get their hands on vaccines so long ago? Vaccines weren't(& possibly still aren't?) commercially available...

I’ve no idea how much credence can be given to the number for yesterday. But there must be a lot more than 21 vaccination sites in the country. 77 provinces, every one of them with several vaccination sites. So logistically, I think it’s possible. Organizationally it seems a stretch, but who knows.

the issue in my mind is, how long will supplies last out? At this rate, about a week?

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

As of today, there are 993 vaccination centers in Thailand, at least 25 centers in Bangkok, 25 centers operated by social security offices, 11 centers operated by universities, and 10 central vaccination centers such as Bang Sue Central Station, Rajanukul Institute, Srithanya Hospital, Bang Rak Medical Center, etc. All vaccination centers in provinces are providing standardized vaccination services.

https://www.who.int/thailand/news/detail/07-06-2021-launch-national-wide-covid-19-vaccination-rollout-at-bangsue-central-vaccination-center-thailand

Excellent, I'm pleased that there's so many! 

My suggestion remains however, that corruption will affect the numbers. 

We all know it is rife in every aspect of daily life here. 

Do you not think corruption has played a part in the delay and loss of PPE & vaccines here? 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Completely absurd when you think about it…total BS numbers.

That equates to 1.5% of the entire population in a single day. Or 12% of the population of Bangkok in a single day.

Shame on anyone that actually believes those numbers.

Vaccination rate of more than 1% of total population per day has been done consistently by Singapore and Malaysia for months so I do not think it's impossible. Whether or not the Thailand really has done so is another matter. 

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I’ve no idea how much credence can be given to the number for yesterday. But there must be a lot more than 21 vaccination sites in the country. 77 provinces, every one of them with several vaccination sites. So logistically, I think it’s possible. Organizationally it seems a stretch, but who knows.

the issue in my mind is, how long will supplies last out? At this rate, about a week?

Yes, as matey boy above posted, there are 993 sites, which would add more credence to the numbers. 

I still don't trust anything the government says though, I'm only going on their past record, they're entirely dishonest about most things. 

Just now, SuwadeeS said:

They should have started month ago. 

Pretending to be a modern society. If it would be the Case, then they would vaccine daily a Million

It's directly related to the vaccine supply. Malaysia was similar until about two months back they started averaging about 500k doses per day for a population of about 30mllion. 

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I think they doubled the vaccines of Friday forgot to rest the calculator.. Why is this only possible on 1day and not on other days????

All fake figures I suppose

Indeed, why do vaccination numbers dwindle significantly on Saturdays and Sundays? Is there only one team at each centre, which has to work 5 out of 7 days, or do they have a large team, on a shift basis? It's not as though Covid takes the weekend off. I rang BNH yesterday, to speak to the vaccination centre..."closed Saturday & Sunday". Why?

21 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

CCP bot deployed again.

Scanning the forum for any criticism of the motherland.

Pity the WHO scientists weren't allowed back in and given free access to the Wuhan labs to stop another Chinese gift to the world.

I see you can’t handle the truth that the west mismanaged the pandemic while China did well. As for the lab, it’s more politic than science. Opening the labs will not stop the politicking by those who have an agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Ahhh, but how many were real vaccines, not Chinese?

Exactly. Just had a conversation with my Bolt driver and asked him if he had been vaccinated. He replied 'next month'. Sinovac...which he was not at all pleased about nor confident in it's efficacy. He went on to say that is all that is available to him.

3 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

Presumably posted from your Chinese made phone or computer?

If there's a bandwagon, make sure you are on it.

Not my quote pal. Mine was about a local not happy getting the cheapest and absolutely least effective vax. You have misrepresented me by quoting Gold Star and falsely attributing his words to me. :post-4641-1156693976: Fix it.

RE - and 7,326 were third, or booster shots.

* A small part of the population have got the first and some get the third meaning some lives seems to more valued than other ....