Record number of COVID-19 vaccinations in single day on Friday in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

To state that Sinovac is ineffective is unfair. It is, indeed, the least effective of the available vaccines, but a 50% protection to illness and an additional protection to severe illness is still a plus. It is better than nothing. If everyone just decides to go shopping on vaccines (which no one ever did for polio, small pox, yellow fever, common flu etc) we are not getting anywhere. It is the task of experts to give guidance and give advice that is based on real science instead of opinions from social media.

I repeat;

"My wife just wants a "proper" vaccine like that given to many thousands of Thais and foreigners, including her own husband."

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Dene16 said:

lots of different stories but the latest research on the Pfizer vaccine has said there is a sudden sharp drop off in its ability to protect you (don't know at what time period that is). All UK residents over 50/55 are to have booster shots as they are worried that with a cold winter there will be a sudden upturn of cases/.deaths

And no one in the UK recieved sinovac or any other Chinese vaccine, therefore this shows even using the so called Western vaccine you will still require booster shots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

I repeat;

"My wife just wants a "proper" vaccine like that given to many thousands of Thais and foreigners, including her own husband."

Repeat as well: Sinovac can - for now - be regarded as a "proper" vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I've had CoVid-19 PCR tests in Thailand twice now. In both cases all they had was a single person administering the tests. The sample then has to be sent to a lab and undergo a string of procedures before arriving at a result a minimum of some hours later (often a day or more).

When I got my second dose of vaccine recently, there were literally hundreds of medical staff involved, from the people checking us in, to the ones ushering is through the various staging areas, to the ones giving the actual vaccines (of which there were dozens). It only took ten seconds (probably less) to actually administer the vaccine.

Giving vaccinations and administering PCR tests involve completely different procedures, equipment and personnel. You can't really draw a comparison between them.

I think you have just completely validated his point.

57 minutes ago, sitti said:

Because this is still thaivisa. Many are simply here spending hours each day waiting new articles to show up and try to get their Thai bashing comments to appear on the first just for collecting more likes

This article is a out ~916k vaccinations given in one day. Initially think about 460k given and due to supply issues that number struggled over following weeks.

Recently were delivering 550k up. Think Thursday 650k? Remarkable.

Then on Friday Bingo ~915k. 

Isn't that a surprise. If indeed true wouldn't it be interesting to know how such a remarkable effort was achieved? 

It's not being negative to look for explanation. 

• Like 1

Posts with content that was copy and pasted from some sites without providing a supporting link to the sources of information have been removed.

A post with comments on moderation and a reply has been removed. 

Some inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed.

A post using an oversized emoji has been removed. 

Edited by metisdead

4 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Just trying to look good before the censure vote.

All that Sinovac injected.

Low effeciency and then half that in 40 days

CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)

"Study shows antibodies drop by 50% every 40 days after 2 doses of Sinovac".

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/study-shows-antibodies-drop-by-50-every-40-days-after-2-doses-of-sinovac

Antibodies are not the whole story. You really should educate yourself regarding vaccinces. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

You can follow up with az and have similar antibodies to two az shots (in a shorter time frame too). 

We are getting AZ in 3 weeks, and I am getting Moderna in Oct. Not so sure if I can get 2 of Moderna after one Sino and one Az. 

10 hours ago, MaiDong said:

915,000 in a single day.

Based on a 12 hour day;

76,250 per hour.

1,270 per minute.

21 per second.

Does that look possible? I don't know how many separate sites are administering the vaccines, but say for example it's 21 sites, they'd have to be jabbing 1 person every second, for 12 hours.

The people who would benefit from fudging the numbers are the people in charge of the purchase & distribution of the vaccines, for example, several of my son's friends have had both jabs, many months ago actually, because their parents work in high up positions in private corporations, how did they get their hands on vaccines so long ago? Vaccines weren't(& possibly still aren't?) commercially available...

Total rubbish….why guess at 21 sites when there are more than likely this amount in and around Bangkok alone.

23 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Ahhh, but how many were real vaccines, not Chinese?

Maybe, you should dig a little bit deeper into that topic !

The Chinese vaccines Sinovac and Sinopharm are real vaccines, made from incapacitated viruses.

Pfizer, Astrazeneca, J&J, Moderna are in essence a gene therapy…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, kalasiner said:

Indeed !

I believe that Sinovac is known to be ineffective against the prevalent Delta variant of the Wuhan virus.

Yesterday my Thai wife was offered a Sinovac appointment but refused it, together with almost the whole village. Through negative reports on tv, Line and Facebook they distrust Sinovac and hope later to receive AZ or Pfizer.  

It is not ineffective, it is less effective in stopping symptomatic infection but it still affords protection for 30% of those vaccinated and it is still highly effective in preventing death for everyone vaccinated. Any Vaccine is better than no vaccine. Your wife and the Villagers would probably have received the AZ vaccine as the second dose because that is the vaccine policy for Thailand. My Fiancé received Sinovac as the first vaccine and AZ as the second shot which is  what would have happened for your wife and the villagers. It is considered that mixing vaccines in this way has a higher efficacy that either vaccine alone so the outcome would be better that just using AZ. The initial studies were done with Pfizer and AZ but it is considered that mix and match any vaccines will have this effect

Mix-and-match COVID vaccines: the case is growing, but questions remain (nature.com)

In first, Thailand to mix Sinovac, AstraZeneca vaccine doses | Reuters

17 minutes ago, Bernietravelling said:

The Chinese vaccines Sinovac and Sinopharm are real vaccines, made from incapacitated viruses.

The different genetical engineering explained  between Pfizer  and AZ.

Yes, some COVID vaccines use genetic engineering. Get over it. - Alliance for Science (cornell.edu)

Edited by david555

What I’m trying to figure out is how close to 1M per day are being vaccinated and yet there is no official channel for a Thai citizen to actually get on the vaccine list.

In Bangkok, there are two official channels. The first is Mor Prom and the second (the official site designated by the BMA) is Thai Ruam Jai Project. Mor Prom has been shut down for several months and the BMA application hasn’t even been opened for people under 60 without the 7 conditions (and, is also now closed for those 60+ or with the 7 conditions). Yet, a day or two ago BMA proudly announced that almost 90% of Bangkok has had at least one jab. 

Can someone educate me on this disconnect?

1 minute ago, Bernietravelling said:

Yes Bernie, technically you are right. 

The new mRNA vaccine breakthroughs have proven far superior than the old traditional ones, although the old style vaccines as we know them seem to have had their place and served us well in the past. Now there are far better ones for us to use.

I have 2 friends currently in ICU for the last 2 weeks with Covid, both having had their 2 doses of Sinovac, about a couple months prior. One seems to only now be improving, the other not. 

I have many many friends with the mRNA vaccines for a while now, not one of them reported any trace of Covid. Yes, I expect boosters will be needed every 6 months to maintain protection.

With all the current data now available, the high cost, extremely low efficacy, and short 40 day half life of the traditional vaccine (Sinovac Sinopharm), make it a very poor choice, and gives people false hope as my 2 friends can attest to, if they survive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PDP11 said:

What I’m trying to figure out is how close to 1M per day are being vaccinated and yet there is no official channel for a Thai citizen to actually get on the vaccine list.

In Bangkok, there are two official channels. The first is Mor Prom and the second (the official site designated by the BMA) is Thai Ruam Jai Project. Mor Prom has been shut down for several months and the BMA application hasn’t even been opened for people under 60 without the 7 conditions (and, is also now closed for those 60+ or with the 7 conditions). Yet, a day or two ago BMA proudly announced that almost 90% of Bangkok has had at least one jab. 

Good attempt to bring bring the topic back to OP. 

I also would like to know the machinations of achieving ~916,000 does on Friday.

An update of vaccine supply would also be nice. The 150k doses from Bhutan wouldn't go far.

22 hours ago, kalasiner said:

Indeed !

I believe that Sinovac is known to be ineffective against the prevalent Delta variant of the Wuhan virus.

Yesterday my Thai wife was offered a Sinovac appointment but refused it, together with almost the whole village. Through negative reports on tv, Line and Facebook they distrust Sinovac and hope later to receive AZ or Pfizer.  

Same in our village.

Bad news travels fast but those idiots keep buying the swill.

Sinovac hasn't released an independent report on the effeciency on the Delta variant also.

Bad sign.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Antibodies are not the whole story. You really should educate yourself regarding vaccinces. 

Oh please!

You and your uneducated ramblings.

Go back to your mothers basement.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Heres your education:

Read it so your not confused anymore.

"New Evidence Points To Antibodies As A Reliable Indicator Of Vaccine Protection"

• Like 1

REALLY, where are these figures coming from? The media? Government? Hospitals? Where? 

This is a very serious situation and we are being fed a a serious amount of BS, oh, and covid D to

boot !!!! Where is the government support? I live as an expat, I donate food, water, money, oxygen and people within 500 mtr from me have covid and are dying,, no support apart from communal,  and they are NOT accounted for.  

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

We are getting AZ in 3 weeks, and I am getting Moderna in Oct. Not so sure if I can get 2 of Moderna after one Sino and one Az. 

In the UK i have had 2 shots of AZ(June),now aware i will be having a booster hopefully before my return in November. On my last jab i enquired if it would be possible to have the Moderna jab while in Thailand due to its high protection rate and possible weakening of my vaccine . They simply did not know the answer and informed me that at that time they were still testing the viability of mixing vaccines.

Any vaccine has been proven to severely lessen the chance of hospitalisation and it has widely been theorised that everyone will need to be infected to build up a natural immunity.

About 10% of the UK have already been infected  and will have to happen multiple/multiple times for that immunity to kick in

Covid is here to stay, all we can to is protect the elderly and vulnerable because they will possibly never get to see a normal life, as we imagine it, again.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ttrd said:

RE - and 7,326 were third, or booster shots.

* A small part of the population have got the first and some get the third meaning some lives seems to more valued than other ....

i think the health workers should be more valued then you indeed. They are taking a risk while at work and saving lives, you can stay at home.

1 hour ago, PDP11 said:

In Bangkok there have been multiple places for quite some times where Thai people could walk in and get a vaccine.