Record number of COVID-19 vaccinations in single day on Friday in Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

In Bangkok there have been multiple places for quite some times where Thai people could walk in and get a vaccine.

Like where? We’ve visited several of the clinics and hospitals on the BMA list and they all tell us you need to be registered. I am aware of the Bang Sue walk-in but that ended end of July. (and that was supposed to be 60+ or 7 factors only but the queue photos show that was completely ignored.)

You will be my family’s hero if you can give me an address. But I still think there’s a disconnect when BMA tells us ~6M people in BKK alone have received first jabs and yet none of the registration channels have opened (at least for under 60). 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Good attempt to bring bring the topic back to OP. 

I also would like to know the machinations of achieving ~916,000 does on Friday.

An update of vaccine supply would also be nice. The 150k doses from Bhutan wouldn't go far.

What have 150k doses from Bhutan got to do with anything?   A pointless snide comment.

• Haha 1

So 30 million shots have been delivered to arms in Thailand, How much longer

before these 30 million will have had their second shot?  That is when Thailand

can start to feel that the COVID pandemic is starting to be under control in

that country.  However it seems that TAT and the government feel that

they should brag even today.  Third world country indeed. Keep up the vaccines,

that is the top priority to keep people from dying or being as affected by this virus.

Geezer

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, kalasiner said:

Indeed !

I believe that Sinovac is known to be ineffective against the prevalent Delta variant of the Wuhan virus.

Yesterday my Thai wife was offered a Sinovac appointment but refused it, together with almost the whole village. Through negative reports on tv, Line and Facebook they distrust Sinovac and hope later to receive AZ or Pfizer.  

That refusal is holding back Thailand’s life to normality.  Glad the scientists at facebook figured it all for your wife and village. Meanwhile enjoy the lockdowns and dispair. 

14 hours ago, Captain Jack said:

The problem is people know they wont get an "upgrade". If they accept Sinovac now the gov. will consider them covered and they wont be able to register for anything else that may or may not become available later. It would be different (better) if privately sourced jabs weren't being inexplicably prohibited by Prayuth and his gang... but they are, so the choice is to accept an inferior jab from the gov. or wait and hope for a better option later.

People have gone 18 months of COVID now without being vaccinated, and for many it really doesn't affect them personally in their daily lives. The economy they live in might be decimated but they themselves aren't travelling so they don't need the jab. As far as they're concerned they may as well wait.

Traveling…wow. That’s rich.  Empty shopping malls, for sale signs everywhere and you arent bother much.  If they dont need the jabs why are they showing up in the temples to die. How selfish and arrogant you sound. Thais are in pain and trying to survive

Edited by Bkktodd

14 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

And no one in the UK recieved sinovac or any other Chinese vaccine, therefore this shows even using the so called Western vaccine you will still require booster shots. 

Surprisingly, I chatted to a pal in the UK, and he had never even heard of sinovac... 

It was known a long time ago, in the UK, by people receiving Pfizer, that a 3rd booster was likely needed, later in the year, Fortunately their 1st jab was already doing the job..... Thais are not getting that benefit. 

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Still nothing to boast about.

Who's boasting?  Absolutely no one.

The CCSA (you know, the Covid situation committee whose job it is to keep the public informed on the situation of Covid) gave their usual daily update of the Covid situation.

Tell me who is bragging and what they said.

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

However it seems that TAT and the government feel that

they should brag even today.  Third world country indeed. 

Another unnecessarily negative, untrue, and silly comment.    Did you read the article (don't worry, I know the answer).

It was a daily situational report dealing in facts and figures.  No-one was/is bragging, it's just a simple daily report - the same one you get when they vaccinate 200,000 people, or 400,000.  They also report the number of new infections, the number of deaths etc.

And bringing the TAT into this is just ridiculous.  Seriously, what do you get out of making up nonsense like that?  Is it just so you can get your "third world" comment in there to make you feel superior?   Well guess what, this third world country is currently vaccinating people quicker than most "first world" countries ever did.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Well guess what, this third world country is currently vaccinating people quicker than most "first world" countries ever did.

Indeed.

Vaccinating 915,000 in a single day. Remarkable effort. Wouldn't believe it unless I had not read it with my own two eyes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, PDP11 said:

Like where? We’ve visited several of the clinics and hospitals on the BMA list and they all tell us you need to be registered. I am aware of the Bang Sue walk-in but that ended end of July. (and that was supposed to be 60+ or 7 factors only but the queue photos show that was completely ignored.)

You will be my family’s hero if you can give me an address. But I still think there’s a disconnect when BMA tells us ~6M people in BKK alone have received first jabs and yet none of the registration channels have opened (at least for under 60). 

My wife went to the Thai - Japanese youth center in Din Daeng:

Swimming Pool @Bangkok Youth Center (Thai-Japan) - 1 tip from 21 visitors (foursquare.com)

Edited by FritsSikkink

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Fell off for the most recent reporting figure - numbers are oddly lowest during the weekends, but maybe that's down to health care workers working hours?

189,377 first

66,517 second

2,888 third

Don't be concerned I'm sure today being a Monday they can out do Friday's 915,000

Surely this week they can crack 1 million in a day. 

12 hours ago, PDP11 said:

There are many places that you can walk in. I suggest you ask around, as is often the case here, it's who you know. I went to my local chemist last Thursday and just before I left, asked him if he knew anywhere to get the vaccine. He said his wife worked as a nurse and asked for my phone number. The next day, he called me and told me a place 10 minutes from my house, which I had no idea about. I went down and was out in 2 hours, vaccinated. 

Have yo been  to your local tessabaan? If not, go there and ask them. 

18 hours ago, PB172111 said:

Total rubbish….why guess at 21 sites when there are more than likely this amount in and around Bangkok alone.

Again, as I explained to the last person who didn't read my post properly, I was just using it as an example, and I later explained that if it was 10 times that it was still unrealistic.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:57 PM, kalasiner said:

Yesterday my Thai wife was offered a Sinovac appointment but refused it, together with almost the whole village. Through negative reports on tv, Line and Facebook they distrust Sinovac and hope later to receive AZ or Pfizer.  

My wife got Sinovac on Tuesday. Next month AZ

On 8/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, DrJack54 said:

What's more is that previous "good days" were ~ 550k.

Then what?...... get serious and crank it up to ~916k

Absolute nonsense. 

AND...since the rollout commenced in February2021!! I think not. The only vaccinated then were the rich, influential and powerful. This is a typical Thai publicity stunt although I would love it  if it was the truth and could be substantiated with facts like which vaccine, how they keeping it cold in the vaccination area which incidentally doesn't appear to be being advertised anywhere to get nearly a million people through their doors...

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2021 at 10:32 AM, MaiDong said:

915,000 in a single day.

Based on a 12 hour day;

76,250 per hour.

1,270 per minute.

21 per second.

Does that look possible? I don't know how many separate sites are administering the vaccines, but say for example it's 21 sites, they'd have to be jabbing 1 person every second, for 12 hours.

The people who would benefit from fudging the numbers are the people in charge of the purchase & distribution of the vaccines, for example, several of my son's friends have had both jabs, many months ago actually, because their parents work in high up positions in private corporations, how did they get their hands on vaccines so long ago? Vaccines weren't(& possibly still aren't?) commercially available...

There's three 'jabbing sites' in Meuang* Udon Thani alone so your guess that there's only 21 nationwide is probably further off than you are prepared to admit.

* That's the city alone, not the province.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MaiDong said:

Again, as I explained to the last person who didn't read my post properly, I was just using it as an example, and I later explained that if it was 10 times that it was still unrealistic.

Then try 100 times that and get back to us.

4 hours ago, Billybaroo said:

"Since February 28th, a total of 30,420,507 doses of vaccines have been administered across the country."

Assuming generously 15 million people being fully vaccinated, that is more that 20% of the population of Thailand. What vaccines are those? 

Good guess!

Thailand has administered at least 31,771,819 doses of COVID vaccines so far. Assuming every person needs 2 doses, that’s enough to have vaccinated about 22.8% of the country’s population.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

These would be Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac, AstraZeneca/Siam Bioscience and Pfizer/BioNtech. Thailand has also approved Janssen and Moderna. I think that Janssen may have been the one that the French recently jabbed their citizens in Thaland with. AFAIK Moderna is the one that a slew of private hospitals have taken orders and payments for but there's no firm date for when the first shipments will arrive.

A post in violation of fair use policy and the replies have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.