Signs of improving COVID-19 situation in Thailand

webfact

8 minutes ago, Boedog said:

Thats because they either live in Thailand or have been coming hear for many many years and know exactly the <deleted> and lies that the Corrupt politicians, TAT and police peddle as the truth day after day, it is never about the truth it is always about saving face, telling the truth is easy to recall but when they tell so many lies is hard to recall, welcome to Thailand 

Kind of fit the description of most countries. In any case, those who visit Thailand don't really bother with the political system. They just want to have fun and a good tan. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

I personally know, 5 people, worldwide test posative for this boogyman flu. All fine after a week or so. Is there something else going on. Why is the country being destroyed for a curable illness. Anyone on here know anyone without an underlying illness die of this covid. ?  Its a valid question, please dont delete.

I lost two friends in California, one young man in his early 30's and in FINE health, another woman in her 60's as healthy as one can be expected to be at that age. They would argue how ridiculous it is to call Covid what you did, but they're dead.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, rocky123 said:

I personally know, 5 people, worldwide test posative for this boogyman flu. All fine after a week or so. Is there something else going on. Why is the country being destroyed for a curable illness. Anyone on here know anyone without an underlying illness die of this covid. ?  Its a valid question, please dont delete.

As valid as calling the virus a "boogyman flu"?

COVID-19 Is Not the Flu: Four Graphs From Four Countries

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpubh.2021.628479/full

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

This Covid thing isn’t going anywhere you might as well open up and just deal with it 

Might as well just let 200+ people die each day, and deal with it?

Doesn't sound very ethical, frankly.

Off to a slow start on the vaccines, but it seems progress is being made.

I would say "be patient, not A patient."

• Like 1

"Although the daily new infection rate remains high, due to the rapidly spreading Delta variant, he is optimistic that the rate of infections will continue to decline"

HIGH infection rate due to the RAPIDLY spreading Delta varient, optimistic the rate of infections will CONTINUE to decline! 

Do they ever engage brain before opening mouth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most realize numbers are fudged. So what?

Bottom line is the vaccine program is progressing, 500K a day is as good as we can expect, similar to UK daily numbers last year. And that is all positive, so what if Junta wants to fudge numbers, so long as they are fudged downwards.

Things starting to open up Wednesday, its a start. Has the lockdown worked, no. Has it helped, maybe a little.

Covid is here forever, its all about managing the risk.

Look at Scotland, numbers rising daily, most vaccinated. They wont lockdown ever again. The most of Europe open to those with 2 jabs, Thailand needs to copy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Why would you believe that the Thai govt wants the Baht to be stronger? To make the crisis even worse? To endanger their position even more? 

I was replying to another poster.

I hope the baht goes through the floor but it won't.

Pattaya city hospital.. people patients told me that 2 - 3 waiting hours it's usually before covid. But almost empty when I come at 5pm. Two of us patients and staff a lots. 30 minutes I am been but empty. Nowhere patients.

• Like 1

the numbers here are completely worthless. Everyone knows it. Now that Thailand has gone on the red list its just another reason for the stats to magically start improving.

What angers me most is that they will reopen Thailand asap and yet the majority of expats are still unvaccinated. But who gives a flying <deleted> about that right!!!

In the UK we opened up and withdraw restrictions on the day parliament split for their summer break.

What a coincidence!

It's becoming a joke just get on with it and deal with it. Driving is more of a concern for the majority of people in Thailand.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 2:51 PM, greenmonkey said:

the numbers here are completely worthless. Everyone knows it. Now that Thailand has gone on the red list its just another reason for the stats to magically start improving.

What angers me most is that they will reopen Thailand asap and yet the majority of expats are still unvaccinated. But who gives a flying <deleted> about that right!!!

What angers me most is that they will reopen Thailand asap and yet the majority of Thais are still unvaccinated. But who gives a flying <deleted>, about that right!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VBF said:

Which is presumably why UK has placed Thailand on the "Red list" because nobody can ascertain the TRUTH!

There isn't a politician in the world that isn't a stranger to the truth, which then gets distorted by the media.

Who knows what to believe, but when you see how some people behave in the UK it is not surprising.

Michael Gove stunned partygoers this weekend after he was spotted raving in an Aberdeen nightclub until the small hours of the morning.

The Tory Cabinet minister was pictured in a suit dancing wildly at Bohemia, a techno club in the northeastern Scottish city.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-aberdeen-club-bohemia-pipe-techno-b1910743.html

The title of this thread must be sending shivers down the spines of the doom mongers.  Predictably, they are working extra hard in the comments to try spin this negative.  A day without doom is like a day without sunshine. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, GStewart70 said:

You don't have to wait. If your so keen to get back to your beloved Thailand you can do the Phuket litter box or look at 4 walls in a Bangkok hotel.

Why would you wait?

Oh, wait a minute, you don't want to be frog marched to hospital for 2 weeks if you or anyone close to you on a plane fails a PCR test on arrival?

If your waiting to roll off the plane whistling dixie, scoot along to immigration, get a 30 day visa stamp and jump in a taxi to Soi Cowboy, your going to be waiting for a very long time.

Good presumption but thats not correct. Simple answer is im in Australia

• Like 1

16 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

What angers me most is that they will reopen Thailand asap and yet the majority of expats are still unvaccinated. But who gives a flying f#*k about that right!!!

Where are you getting this number from? There seems to have been rather a focus on foreigners being vaccinated..... and why specifically Expats in relation to reopening Thailand?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rocky123 said:

In other words, Covid is just the flu because you know 5 people who survived it.

Have you ever heard of Long Covid?

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That’s a bit of an urban myth…

No it's not!

The UK govt was (and from the link below, apparently still is) using that as a marker to quantify deaths from Covid. i.e. if you died in an accident and had Covid, it is put down as a Covid death.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

What I'm saying is it's incorrect to quantify them as such and distorts the figures.

2 minutes ago, VBF said:

No it's not!

The UK govt was (and from the link below, apparently still is) using that as a marker to quantify deaths from Covid. i.e. if you died in an accident and had Covid, it is put down as a Covid death.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

What I'm saying is it's incorrect to quantify them as such and distorts the figures.

The 28 day number is not official, only those people who die of Covid have Covid as their cause of death on their birth certificate.

The official numbers for Covid deaths in the UK are based on death certificates.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

The 28 day number is not official, only those people who die of Covid have Covid as their cause of death on their birth certificate.

The official numbers for Covid deaths in the UK are based on death certificates.

I disagree....look at the official UK Govt link I provided, showing "Deaths within 28 days of positive test  and Deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate"

so Covid can be on a death cert even if that is not the PRIMARY CoD. IE...the person died WITH Covid, not OF Covid.

A subtle but important difference, IMO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VBF said:

I disagree....look at the official UK Govt link I provided, showing "Deaths within 28 days of positive test  and Deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate"

so Covid can be on a death cert even if that is not the PRIMARY CoD. IE...the person died WITH Covid, not OF Covid.

A subtle but important difference, IMO

The 28 day figure is for initial reports. 

The official data is compiled from death certificates. 

There is an official process for generating death certificates in the UK, I have read it. The only major change over the last 2 years is that Covid has been added as a new cause of death. Otherwise, the medical examiner has the same task as before, to determine the primary cause of death, based on diagnostics and evaluation of the body. 

To claim that medical examiners are incorrectly listing cause of death is tin foil hat material. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1