Signs of improving COVID-19 situation in Thailand

webfact

Whilst i truly hope these figures are correct i sort of doubt them. I live in a little village in Surin province, and here we have a place set up for covid sufferers, mild infections, so, if others have i doubt all of these way outside of Bangkok are on their 'reporting' radar, so i am guessing it to be a lot higher than these figures. What also worries me, for all Thais in the countryside is this!! I read 3 million are to get 3rd booster shot. Why! when my wifes father here had an appointment for his 1st jab, only for it to be cancelled as they said they have no vaccine locally anymore. Little crazy to be thinking of all that, when so  many millions wait for their 1st

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are more varients emerging. Sinovac is about 50% effective against the original virus, if you have had two shots. But I have heard that the conferred immunity only last about 6-months for sinovac and 9 months for sinopharm. (also about 50%) effective. So there is a compound problem that new varients that the Chinese vacs are even less effective against are spreading and the originally vaccinated people will start coming out of that 6-9 month window. Kind of like the crew who scrapes the Eiffel tower works year round because by the time they have repainted the whole thing, it's time to start over and repaint what they did a year ago. 

Add onto that the very odd situation of Bangkok being so huge and densely populated, even if 50% of BKK residents had a Chinese shot which is 50% effective, that's only 25% with immunity. And since BKK is full of people from all over Thailand who come and go for work, BKK will continue to be a Petri dish of COVID and the transient workers will continue to carry it back to the far-flung corners of the country.

Even if 100% of the country (70-million) had the Chinese vaccine, it would still be a bad situation because 50% protected could only snuff out COVID if people didn't move about the country. This is going to be what we are looking at a year from now. People getting it and recovering with immunity may end up playing a larger role in the halting of COVID in Thailand than their feeble vaccination efforts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Hope it doesn't come knocking on your door.

You seem like a "p*ss on the fire my toasts done" sort of person.

Freedom is not without risk. It’s also not up to the government to protect you from yourself. I am willing to take the risk of getting sick from you everyday when I leave my house. We all did this with the flu, measles, TB, dengue fever and a whole list of other diseases long before Covid. Guess what we will have to do this with or without a Covid vaccine that may or may not be effective. It’s also your right to wear a face diaper, inject what ever you want into your body and live your life. 

• Like 1

yes the numbers are going down "All The Numbers" which includes PCR testing numbers, it is now impossible to know the spread of covid in Thailand because they have pushed testing and pretty much everything else under a fog - there was always a fog but now you can't see your hand in front of         "face"

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, lextsy said:

I love to read these emails everyday to stay in touch with the news in thailand however its draining to see the constant negativity from alot of posters here.

See you soon thailand!

You see the same posters with the constant negativity. Small group, mostly Thai residing farangs. Rest of Thailand is looking up with the declining covid trend. See you here soon. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

If you are vaccinated it is an attitude you can afford to hold. Unfortunately Thailand is a long way off being vaccinated to the point they can open the floodgates to let the virus in.

So being vaccinated you are safe, you cannot catch or pass on the virus? Dream on. 

• Like 1

The Junta decided that a downward trend is needed for their agenda.

So limit testing, dont include antigen tests in published daily results and keep the bullsh@t press releases coming and never mind reality.

Thailand to have 140 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines this year (yahoo.com)

If the Juntas daily effluence had any strains of truth why has the Uk government suddenly upgraded Thailand to the Red zone highest risk status?

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Moonfire said:

Made this post yesterday:

Follow the past to understand the present.

Look back at the daily infection vs deaths for the last 3 months. Here is a hint 10,000 infected equals close to 100 deaths.

Now what do we see 19k infected and 290ish deaths. Which seems to reflect the infected rate closer to 29,000 a day based off the number of death using the daily tracking history for the last 3 month in my opinion.

You're not taking into account the lag time between infections and death.. Infections always decline before deaths start to decline.

2 hours ago, XJPSX said:

We were told the figures by the man in charge the figures WOULD drop this month and I am certain that he will make sure they DO drop.

He may be the only man in the world that can predict Coronavirus figures. He may have magical powers.

I will leave the rest to you to work out how we have had a dramatic turnaround ????

However I do believe what he is doing is correct if the economy is ever going to open again and people eat.

I'm not supporting or questioning the veracity of the Thai Govt.'s figures but epidemiologists routinely do make predictions about when infections will crest and then begin to fall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Moonfire said:

Made this post yesterday:

Follow the past to understand the present.

Look back at the daily infection vs deaths for the last 3 months. Here is a hint 10,000 infected equals close to 100 deaths.

Now what do we see 19k infected and 290ish deaths. Which seems to reflect the infected rate closer to 29,000 a day based off the number of death using the daily tracking history for the last 3 month in my opinion.

Good post

Hello aseannow.com 

I think your article is not !! Entirely accurate!

# Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
New
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Deaths/
1M pop
Total
Tests
Tests/
1M pop
Population
1 Thailand 1,190,063 +15,972 11,399  +256 1,002,527 +17,281 176,137 5,174 17,000 163 8,129,670 116,133 70,003,048
  Total: 217,214,884 +37,223 4,515,053 +707 194,114,330 +49,737 18,585,501 113,529 27,866.6 579.2    

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pegman said:

You never know if you are being feed the truth from these guys but let's hope it is true and the situation is improving 

The same can be said about almost every country. When the U.K. was having record deaths last year the government changed how they counted deaths and suddenly 20k+ were knocked off the numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fairynuff said:

The same can be said about almost every country. When the U.K. was having record deaths last year the government changed how they counted deaths and suddenly 20k+ were knocked off the numbers. 

Indeed.....and to declare that anyone who died within 28 days of testing positive as a Covid death makes little sense.

• Haha 1

Actually, it absolutely is not a good idea because the new South African variant C.1.2 is could be more infectious than other variants that are already found in Asia. This variant could avoid antibodies as well.
The government should be more careful about what they are doing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9937851/amp/New-Covid-variant-detected-South-Africa-mutated-variant-far.html

5 hours ago, lextsy said:

I love to read these emails everyday to stay in touch with the news in thailand however its draining to see the constant negativity from alot of posters here.

See you soon thailand!

Thats because they either live in Thailand or have been coming hear for many many years and know exactly the <deleted> and lies that the Corrupt politicians, TAT and police peddle as the truth day after day, it is never about the truth it is always about saving face, telling the truth is easy to recall but when they tell so many lies is hard to recall, welcome to Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1