Signs of improving COVID-19 situation in Thailand

webfact

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The Covid Deniers often use the 28 day figure to cast doubt on mortality numbers, but they ignore the official numbers. 

Here's the reality: how many people do you think test positive for Covid and then die of something else within 28 days? Probably about 28 in a million. The issue you are worried about is trivial. That is why they have the 28 day rule, few people die of something else within 28 days of a positive test. 

The deniers will grab at anything that furthers their conspiracies I agree. Sadly, that was the reporting the MSM used (use?) 

As for the "28 day rule", so-called: I must disagree with you - I actually know 2 people personally who have died allegedly of Covid "within 28 days of a test"

One was in his 70s and had terminal cancer and the hospital literally sent him home to die being able to do no more for him; the other was an old lady in her 90s with Alzheimer's. Now one could argue that these are not representative  but they do form part of the stats.

I'm not alleging some sort of conspiracy, what I am saying is that the figures are not strictly accurate and lend themselves to the deniers to misuse.

17 hours ago, Scott said:

Yes, I am referring to a Death Certificate from the US, however, the standard for reporting deaths is roughly the same in the UK.  The standard that is followed is set by the WHO, to ensure that there is some accuracy world wide.   image.pngimage.pngIf you want more detailed information it can be found here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877302/guidance-for-doctors-completing-medical-certificates-of-cause-of-death-covid-19.pdf

Thank you.

It would appear that UK Death Certs have changed significantly since I last looked at one in 2012. I actually retrieved my Mother's from my files and there is just a box for "Cause of Death" without the other information. That was what I thought was still the case - my error!

IMG.jpg

1 hour ago, VBF said:

The deniers will grab at anything that furthers their conspiracies I agree. Sadly, that was the reporting the MSM used (use?) 

As for the "28 day rule", so-called: I must disagree with you - I actually know 2 people personally who have died allegedly of Covid "within 28 days of a test"

One was in his 70s and had terminal cancer and the hospital literally sent him home to die being able to do no more for him; the other was an old lady in her 90s with Alzheimer's. Now one could argue that these are not representative  but they do form part of the stats.

I'm not alleging some sort of conspiracy, what I am saying is that the figures are not strictly accurate and lend themselves to the deniers to misuse.

Again, how many people in the UK happen to die of something other than Covid after being diagnosed as Covid positive?

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Again, how many people in the UK happen to die of something other than Covid after being diagnosed as Covid positive?

No sure what point you're making.  I've just illustrated 2 who did so in "my little world" that could be construed as 100%. That of course is nonsense but the point is that the "28 day statistic" used by MSM is just misleading.  That's the point I'm making - we do seem to be going around in circles here though - might have to agree to differ. ????

11 hours ago, VBF said:

No sure what point you're making.  I've just illustrated 2 who did so in "my little world" that could be construed as 100%. That of course is nonsense but the point is that the "28 day statistic" used by MSM is just misleading.  That's the point I'm making - we do seem to be going around in circles here though - might have to agree to differ. ????

I am so sorry that one statistic provided by the UK bothers you.

But, the official numbers show a massive death toll from Covid, so don’t let your irritation obscure that fact.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am so sorry that one statistic provided by the UK bothers you.

But, the official numbers show a massive death toll from Covid, so don’t let your irritation obscure that fact.

I've never argued that point which is why what really bothers, no... angers me are the deniers and anti-vaxxers.

What does bother, but not surprise me, is when MSM reports important information inaccurately.