New entry rules for Phuket to come into effect Sept 1

webfact

Perhaps the sandbox just got another problem:

"Minister Varawut Silpa-archa expressed his condolences regarding the death of the young boy who was reportedly swimming in Haad Rin in Koh Phangan when he was stung by a box jellyfish on Saturday. He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately, he was pronounced dead later in the evening."

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/29/thai-natural-resources-and-environment-minister-urged-for-box-jellyfish-solution-following-fatal-incident-of-israeli-boy-in-surat-thani-yesterday/

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

70% plus of Phuket is double jabbed. Is the current scenario in Phuket the one that the rest of Thailand is striving to achieve?

Which means Phuket has reached vaccine induced herd-immunity?
Supposedly. Theoretically.  But in reality? There are more and more cases.  I believe they call that a "leaky vaccines" or vaccines that fail to provide full immunity. 
I can fully understand how a vaccine that provides full immunity can create vaccine induced herd-immunity as well as herd-immunity induced by natural antibody produced in previously infected people. 
But "leaky" vaccines with rapidly deteriorating antibody production requiring unending boosters?  That's a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  Phuket as well as any other cities that attempt "Sandbox" and "Bubble" will be endlessly chasing their own tails.  Just like the Phuket gov.  Containing Covid will be the ultimate "Greased Pig" contest.  Contain it if you can.  Best of luck.

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

I think there would certainly have been a considerable amount of Hype to the Vaccine levels prior to opening the Island

Redefine what a resident is, toss out the large numbers of migrates working on the island, toss out those who live off island but who work on the island, massage the numbers and "Tada!"  70%  Unfortunately the reality is that the 70% is a spun number that doesn't reflect the dynamics on the ground.  This is the problem with power junkies who depend on the optics of marketing and propaganda to maintain their grip on the reins of power.  Eventually people see through the Big Lies and the power elites kick into CYA and Finger-pointing modes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Perhaps the sandbox just got another problem:

"Minister Varawut Silpa-archa expressed his condolences regarding the death of the young boy who was reportedly swimming in Haad Rin in Koh Phangan when he was stung by a box jellyfish on Saturday. He was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately, he was pronounced dead later in the evening."

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/29/thai-natural-resources-and-environment-minister-urged-for-box-jellyfish-solution-following-fatal-incident-of-israeli-boy-in-surat-thani-yesterday/

That's on the other side in the Golf of Thailand, there have been "very"  rare such cases in that area, down in Indonesia and Malaysia area too I think...., let's hope they don't wonder into the Andaman sea in large numbers...????????

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is about Phuket that supposedly has over 70% vaxxed since July and open to tourists, do pay attention

Your reasoning is faulty on many levels. Main thing is you blame the sandbox for school closures, and in other places where schools are closed you point to Phuket.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Your reasoning is faulty on many levels. Main thing is you blame the sandbox for school closures, and in other places where schools are closed you point to Phuket.

Suggest you read my posts again, faulty on many levels is only your opinion but thats no surprise from you.

Having Phuket open to international tourists yet having schools and businesses closed is not my idea as a model for the opening of Thailand. The tourists are also complaining of being misled into thinking that Phuket was really open when in reality it was not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Having Phuket open to international tourists yet having schools and businesses closed is not my idea as a model for the opening of Thailand. The tourists are also complaining of being misled into thinking that Phuket was really open when in reality it was not. 

So your advocating closing the sandbox ?? and no dine in or bars ?? Like the rest of Thailand with lower cases per population.. 

Just now, LivinLOS said:

So your advocating closing the sandbox ?? and no dine in or bars ?? Like the rest of Thailand with lower cases per population.. 

Where did I say that? Try reading the thread of this discussion. Phuket by the way has more cases per capita than Bangkok and many other provinces.

I'm interested in latest updates for Phuket

·         Domestic flights will begin, can we fly to BKK from Phuket HKT

·         Alcohol for sale

·         Bars open

·         Massage open

8 hours ago, bolt said:

I'm interested in latest updates for Phuket

·         Domestic flights will begin, can we fly to BKK from Phuket HKT

·         Alcohol for sale

·         Bars open

·         Massage open

·         Domestic flights from Phuket. Also to Phuket if strictly necessary.

·         Alcohol for sale in shops. Not served in restaurants.

·         Bars closed

·         Massage open (supposedly only for the legs)