Over 31,000 children in Thailand infected with COVID-19 in past 4 months, 9 dead

webfact

On 9/1/2021 at 9:05 AM, 2009 said:

That sounds dreadful. Is there more to this story? Quite unusual.

I don't mean to make light of it, but it is an unusual anecdote - though I am sure it put the family through hell. 

I assume the young lad wasn't vaccinated. The way you wrote it I wasn't sure.

Is he asthmatic or anything?

'I assume the young lad wasn't vaccinated.' ... 

the youngest age so far in UK is 12 years and above. so at 7 year NO wasn't vaccinated, no health issues or sickness before... 

believe trials are ongoing for 5 years and older kid for later this year.

• Like 1

They are giving your children Folic Acid, a supplement that potentially could help with covid19. Either way, it won't do the children any harm (unless they are allergic to it). 

Our kids go back to school here in Phuket. They have to do a Covid-test weekly (through salvia). The parents have to produce vaccination proof or a weekly negative salvia covid19 test as well. 

If someone test positive, everyone in the classroom is referred to home isolation with homeschooling for 14 days. 

My guess is that Thailand will implementate this nation wide soon. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eibot said:

They are giving your children Folic Acid, a supplement that potentially could help with covid19. Either way, it won't do the children any harm (unless they are allergic to it). 

Our kids go back to school here in Phuket. They have to do a Covid-test weekly (through salvia). The parents have to produce vaccination proof or a weekly negative salvia covid19 test as well. 

If someone test positive, everyone in the classroom is referred to home isolation with homeschooling for 14 days. 

My guess is that Thailand will implementate this nation wide soon. 

Which school and what age group (pm may be better?), the school my daughter goes to in Phuket was also offered this option by the education authority but it was only for the younger kids, the school did a parental survey and 85% of the parents turned it down due to the unworkable consequences of a child testing positive, not only would the whole class have to go into a field hospital but all parents from the class also.

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Which school and what age group (pm may be better?), the school my daughter goes to in Phuket was also offered this option by the education authority but it was only for the younger kids, the school did a parental survey and 85% of the parents turned it down due to the unworkable consequences of a child testing positive, not only would the whole class have to go into a field hospital but all parents from the class also.

I'm not going to name the school but it's an international primary school in Chalong. 

The idea of this came from the director of kajonkiet school, and wasn't finalised until monday 30th of July. In this letter we received there was no mention of field hospitals whatsoever. Obviously if your child test positive at school on an ATK, then "OFFICIALLY" they would have to go to do a PCR to confirm this. If the PCR is positive, then they would have to put you and your child in a field hospital (normal procedure when you test positive on PCR). All other children in the class and parents are then told to home-isolate, and they switch to online class. The advise for the rest of the class to test themselves at home but this is not a requirement. 

I understand that some messages were circulating last month, saying that the whole class would have to go into a field hospital (although not testing positive) when one case was found in the class. This is simply not true. 

The rules might be different for high schools, as I only know the international primary schools join this program. I also heard messages that BCIS did a questionnaire about this plan, before the plan even came out. Which I found extremely strange. Then again, BCIS and kajonkiet might not like each other that much...

Personally, I find it a very logical set-up and I expect the rest of Thailand to follow these procedures. It's similar to that how some western countries dealt with it. And obviously happy for the kids to be out and about!

P.S. The schools themselves came up with this idea, not any government body (if you mean that by education authority at least). 

Edited by Eibot
Added extra P.S.