Brazen thief caught on CCTV camera stealing from bar only a few meters from the Pattaya Police Station

webfact

tpn.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A thief who was wearing a blue raincoat has been caught on CCTV footage stealing from a closed beer bar only a few meters from the Pattaya City Police Station.

Ms. Prapatsorn Roongrueng, 56, a staffer at a beer bar located at the entrance of Soi 7 on Pattaya Beach Road near the Pattaya City Police Station told The Pattaya News, “On Friday , August 27th at about 4:00 A.M. I was sleeping in the beer bar which was closed.”

Bars have been closed in Pattaya since April 10th of this year due to concerns around Covid-19, notes TPN media. However, some bars still have staff living on the premises, especially in open-air beer bars that still have property on the premises like the venue in question.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/brazen-thief-caught-on-cctv-camera-stealing-from-bar-only-a-few-meters-from-the-pattaya-police-station/

PattayaNews.jpg

From the full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/brazen-thief-caught-on-cctv-camera-stealing-from-bar-only-a-few-meters-from-the-pattaya-police-station/:

“The thief stole my mobile phone and a tablet which cost in total about 20,000 baht. Both devices were lying next to me. I have already filed a report to the Pattaya City Police. I was sound asleep and did not know what had happened until I reviewed the CCTV from the bar.” Prapatsorn stated.

CCTV footage from the beer bar appears to show the suspected thief who was wearing a blue raincoat taking several devices from a person lying under a pink blanket on a mat in the bar at 4:02 A.M. on August 27th, just as heavy rain began to fall in the Pattaya area.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

So they had left some money in the till or what. 

Just wondering what was worth stealing.... can't be much of a market for concrete tables and seats.

You didn't spot the mobile phone being half-inched then?

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

You didn't spot the mobile phone being half-inched then?

You are correct, I did not go to the link. So the person guarding the bar supplied the items that the thief came for. Rather ironic....

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You are correct, I did not go to the link. So the person guarding the bar supplied the items that the thief came for. Rather ironic....

..the sleeper even lifted her head and turned and looked at the place where the phone was, then went back to sleep....hmm!

• Haha 1

Of course all of you posters can afford to replace your phones or tablets, but how about the Thai person 

who has his stuff stolen? Think about it, you senseless jerks.  Some people do not have the money to

live like you do.  Of course I see so many newbees on the forum, that I guess many of them have not been

to Thailand a lot of times so do not know the difference of how they live or how a lot of Thai people live.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Of course all of you posters can afford to replace your phones or tablets, but how about the Thai person 

Sadly they also seem to be the types not to look after their property very well! I have given up buying stuff for my Mrs, she breaks it or loses it......

And don't lend things to her family either.....

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1