No COVID-19 South African C.1.2 variant in Thailand…yet

snoop1130

C12-covid.jpg

Thailand’s Disease Control Department has not yet found a single case of the South African C.1.2 variant of the COVID-19 virus in the country.

Director of the Emergency Health Hazard and Disease Control Division Dr. Chawetsan Namwat said today (Tuesday) that Thailand has always been on the lookout for new COVID-19 variants and, if there are reports of new strains in any country, health officials will test all arrivals from those countries as well as conduct random tests across this country.

He said that about 500 samples of the genetic makeup of the virus’s variants are tested each week by the Medical Sciences Department and, so far, no South African C.1.2 variant has been found here, although it has been detected in China and the UK, as well as South Africa.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/no-covid-19-south-african-c-1-2-variant-in-thailandyet/

Logo-top-.png

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

We need open the planet and get on with life now , just risk it. The consequences of continual shutdowns, lockdowns and this nonsense continuing for years into the future with variants will destroy the planet. Put it to the people in a referendum - protect the infirm and get on with life or continue with this chaos.

Fear seems to be the main problem. It's a dammed if you do open up and dammed if you don't.

The only way out is to let people decide for themselves as governments don't want to loose the power of controlling their citizens, so we remain their puppets on strings.

Even if the lockdown ends and people are allowed to get back to normal life it may only last for a brief period before people start to refuse to go about their normal life and impose their own lockdown due to fear of Covid as the infection and deaths runs rampant.

• Like 1

What happened to the Greek alphabet designations?  I thought Delta was the boogeyman, and have been awaiting Epsilon and Zeta with bated breath.  I don't comprehend this non compliant C.1.2 classification.

I suppose they'll go the intersectional pathway of definition to confuse and divide us in much the way as the gender intersectionalists are.  First it was Gay and Lesbian, then it was LGB, then LGBT, then LGBT+, then LGBTQ+, and then I lost track but there are many more alphabet soup variations - and now the LGBTQ+ are excluding the LGB's claiming they are transphobic, which is not very inclusive of them.

So back to my point - expect that by 2023 we will have an alleged variant of Cars-cov-2 that looks something like CoV3I4D/2Ψ-9Foxtrot Ω and will be pronounced "Idiocracy".

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

We need open the planet and get on with life now , just risk it. The consequences of continual shutdowns, lockdowns and this nonsense continuing for years into the future with variants will destroy the planet. Put it to the people in a referendum - protect the infirm and get on with life or continue with this chaos.

I heartily agree, however, with one very big caveat. Open with protocols in place. There are repurposed medicines as well as some vitamins being used in protocols in places all over the world. This was reported by, well listen to his introduction and judge his credentials for yourself.

For everyone reading this, who might want some additional information, there is a 10 day docuseries going on now, started Monday.

The way these usually work is that each episode is available for 24 hours for free viewing.  The first one will be available for two days so it will end Wednesday at 8 PM New York time. When the series finishes the 10 days it usually coincides with a weekend where all episodes are made available, still free, and missed episodes can be seen.  They make their money by selling the series to people who want a record of it afterwards.

You can check out the contents of the series if you scroll down on this link. You will see a summary of the contents of each episode.

Again, this is for those looking for information. If you have enough information then this isn’t for you. 
https://ac.healthsecret.com/Prod/link-tracker?redirectUrl=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ2c2VjcmV0c2NjLmNvbSUyRiUzRnV0bV9zb3VyY2UlM0RBY3RpdmVDYW1wYWlnbiUyNnV0bV9tZWRpdW0lM0RlbWFpbCUyNnV0bV9jb250ZW50JTNEV2VsY29tZSUyNTJDJTJCeW91JTJCcmUlMkJhbGwlMkJzZXQlMjUyMSUyNnV0bV9jYW1wYWlnbiUzRFdlbGNvbWUlMjUyQyUyQnlvdSUyQnJlJTJCYWxsJTJCc2V0JTI1MjE=&sig=HwkUz1xZTVQW5RGseix8EDE9pH1qaABpCT6su4ajPGwV&iat=1629397064&a=610036166&account=healthsecret.activehosted.com&email=KdZKXM%2FFUNoTFM4Op%2BHOgljolV2EWWoStsTlweqWXjk%3D&s=403a36eb76fe9c3ee6279f0ef1d888fb&i=2749A4665A3A19907

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

I don't believe most people would be afraid if the proper science was shown to them, instead of just reporting how many hundred died this week. A brief education in statistics and percentages would allow them to understand them the tiny chance they have of having very serious symptoms, let alone death, once vaccinated. 

Instead the worlds  full of  nut  jobs, fake  moon landing people living on a  flat earth.wish theyd  step off the edge.

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Instead the worlds  full of  nut  jobs, fake  moon landing people living on a  flat earth.wish theyd  step off the edge.

"Flat Earthers" are worried about enforcing the 2m social distancing rule.

They fear it could push some of their members over the edge.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Haha 1

Might as well face it. This is going to be a never ending cycle of new stronger mutations being more resistant to vaccines and a constant flow of booster shots.

The way the entire world handled this pandemic (all only thinking about themselves) the virus has won the race.

With the slow and uneven rollout of vaccines around the world, by the time you get vaccinated a new strain will be ready to ensure you need a booster shot to hopefully survive an infection. And we will ALL end up getting infected several times.

The rich countries think they are safe now. Just wait and let the virus do it’s thing in the poor countries.

Edited by khunpa

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Always has been, always will be. But I think the kook's and conspiracy theorists are now breeding in the sewers. They believe they're the least gullible of us, but they're the opposite. Just give them an anti-government theory and watch them go, in their hordes. Mistrust is the new trust. 

Much ado about nothing I think. There's been at least 3 mutations between Wuhan and Delta that didn't quite get onto the 'variant of interest' and then full blown labeling. I recall there was a Philippine one in the mix at one time.

Chances are that C.1.2 may go that way as well since not every mutation has the 'resilience' box checked liked Delta and they burn out quite quickly. I believe that's what happened with MERS which was interesting enough to get labeled but didn't roam too far before dropping off the radar.