Kitchens

mysterytrevor

I am just completing a house I have built in Nakhon Si Thammarat area. It is about 30minutes south of Nakhon Si Thammarat. Not far fron Ron Phibun. I will be returning at the end of June and need to buy a fitted kitchen including appliances. Does anyone have any advice or contacts. I know about SB Furniture but are there any alternatives as I have a limited budget as I also need to buy a car. Up till now I have been renting. I have been visiting the area for 2 years now but as yet have made no Farang freinds probably due to the fact that I seem to get monopolised by the girlfreinds family. However when the house is complete and I start to live there I can see me going stir crazy so if thee are any Brits out there with an interest in soccer I would be pleased to here from you.

I am just completing a house I have built in Nakhon Si Thammarat area. It is about 30minutes south of Nakhon Si Thammarat. Not far fron Ron Phibun. I will be returning at the end of June and need to buy a fitted kitchen including appliances. Does anyone have any advice or contacts. I know about SB Furniture but are there any alternatives as I have a limited budget as I also need to buy a car. Up till now I have been renting. I have been visiting the area for 2 years now but as yet have made no Farang freinds probably due to the fact that I seem to get monopolised by the girlfreinds family. However when the house is complete and I start to live there I can see me going stir crazy so if thee are any Brits out there with an interest in soccer I would be pleased to here from you.

Opps, I'm trying once more (my TOT adsl line is a mess) try Home Pro, I bought some stuff at Home Pro (in the Lotus Superstore building) in Surat Thani and used a local handyman (someone in my wife's family) :o I'm not british but I watch a lot of english soccer at ch. 3 and 7., the thais are crazy about Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U. you know.

In Nakhon, the Home Pro (not far from the Tesco, may be not a big as the Surat branch but you can get loads of cool stuff and they order anything you want from a catalogue if not in store, only takes a few days, they even have those nifty slide-out storage units. You can get as big a fridge as you want, there are several places for that , you can get really nice stove and ovens too at several places in town, the Home Pro has those built in models and I have seen some stand alone models at a few shops too, but I don't know the names, I just know where they are.

If you want a really high tech, out of a magazine look kitchen, I guess you could take a quicky trip to Samui and check out their hyper expensive boutique shops right on the ring road. And also in Samui, at the Tesco mart, there's a really really great Home Pro type store. Really cool stuff.

Opps, I'm trying once more (my TOT adsl line is a mess) try Home Pro, I bought some stuff at Home Pro (in the Lotus Superstore building) in Surat Thani and used a local handyman (someone in my wife's family) :o I'm not british but I watch a lot of english soccer at ch. 3 and 7., the thais are crazy about Liverpool, Chelsea and Man U. you know.

Many thanks for the advice. It seems Homepro is going to be my best bet so I will have a look when I return later this month. As for the football I support Spurs but as you say all my girl freinds family like Man U Chelsea Liverpool or Arsenal. I am hoping to get UBC in the house but I prefer to watch with other Farangs and have a few beers but so far I have not found anywhere in Nakhon Si Thammarat or Ron Phibun

In Nakhon, the Home Pro (not far from the Tesco, may be not a big as the Surat branch but you can get loads of cool stuff and they order anything you want from a catalogue if not in store, only takes a few days, they even have those nifty slide-out storage units. You can get as big a fridge as you want, there are several places for that , you can get really nice stove and ovens too at several places in town, the Home Pro has those built in models and I have seen some stand alone models at a few shops too, but I don't know the names, I just know where they are.

If you want a really high tech, out of a magazine look kitchen, I guess you could take a quicky trip to Samui and check out their hyper expensive boutique shops right on the ring road. And also in Samui, at the Tesco mart, there's a really really great Home Pro type store. Really cool stuff.

many thanks for the advice. I seems Home Pro will be my best bet. Im not after a luxury job something equivalent to MFI in the UK. I also have not seen a front loading washing machine that can be fitted under a worktop. I was twmpted to ask if I could come to you Scrabble evening but I dont arrive in Bangkok until the 22nd and then have an apartment to clear out and drive to Thammarat so I guess I will be too busy. Still if you have another one I would be interested

many thanks for the advice. I seems Home Pro will be my best bet. Im not after a luxury job something equivalent to MFI in the UK. I also have not seen a front loading washing machine that can be fitted under a worktop. I was twmpted to ask if I could come to you Scrabble evening but I dont arrive in Bangkok until the 22nd and then have an apartment to clear out and drive to Thammarat so I guess I will be too busy. Still if you have another one I would be interested

Hi

Today a fellow popped by my house (I'm in Pak Phanang - 20km south of Nakhon) selling front loading washing machines - Lux brand - so they are available,here I got mine from Central in Bangkok, I'll look out for hi again and get his card if you are interested.

Aimee