What Songs Make You Cry?

Neeranam

3 songs give me the urge to cry (I did tear-up to the last one once, while drunk)…

‘What a Wonderful World’ - Louie Armstrong. I find it sad that so many often fail to see the true simple beauty in the world. 

’If Tomorrow Never Comes’ - Garth Brooks. “I’ve lost loved ones in my life, who never knew how much I loved them. Now I live with the regret that my true feelings for them never were revealed…”

‘Still’ - Lionel Ritchie.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anything by The Carpenters. Karen had such a wonderful voice and what a tragedy to lose her so young.

‘Superstar’, and it was written by Leon Russell - who would have thought?

• Like 1

When i first came out here on a motorcycle journey I heard several songs in bars but didn't give them a thought but when the trip was over and back in England I missed LoS so much I used to tear up.

Goodbye everthing in Plymouth and now will not be going back.

Caraboa ..was it ' Moo aloi '     Lovely pig .

Music ......................1812 overture , not these fake ones with crackers that do not sound like canon but the version my dad had on an album , real canon and Moscow church bells.  

On 9/2/2021 at 6:21 AM, jvs said:

Anything by Justin Bieber but i think the op means another kind of tears.

There are a few songs i find very emotional ,maybe not just because of the song but because of the memories attached.

I love that song…have never heard it before. I looked for it on Apple Music and there are many groups and artists who have recorded it, but the version you posted is best, IMO. 

I want to add it to my library, but cannot find it by that group. The lead singer does an awesome job of it. 

20 minutes ago, DBath said:

I love that song…have never heard it before. I looked for it on Apple Music and there are many groups and artists who have recorded it, but the version you posted is best, IMO. 

I want to add it to my library, but cannot find it by that group. The lead singer does an awesome job of it. 

Yes in my opinion this is also the best version,they have a lot of great songs.

You can find all of their music on youtube.

Here is another one i like a lot.

This song they wrote in hour of a fan who was killed by a car,drunk driver i believe.

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Daniel by Elton John 

My brother was a huge Elton fan and when he died in 1981 , aged 22, my parents used to play his albums . My mother said she felt like he was back in the family home. Whenever Daniel would start to play my mother, and father, would always shed a few tears.

It’s a mixture of the lyrics, my brothers memory and the memory of my parents struggling to hold back their emotions every time they heard this brings a tear to my eyes.

Thanks, I forgot that one. I cried when I went to see Elton live at Muang Thon Thani in 2002 with my friend who was going back to the UK for HIV treatment. He had to say goodbye to his son, called Daniel. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 12:33 PM, Moonlover said:

Bit of an odd one this. The BBC ran a brilliant series a couple of years back, 'The Assassination of Gianni Versace'. They played Adagio in G minor during the very moving epilogue and it stills tears me up when I hear it.

I cried when I heard Gianni had been murdered. 

At the time almost every item in my wardrobe was Versace. The suits I wore to work, the ties, the shirts, the shoes. After his sister took over I bought less and less of the brand and now I have none of the clothes.

• Like 1