What Songs Make You Cry?

Neeranam

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Thanks, we are really enjoying Spain and the people have been very welcoming. So far we’ve only spent time in Logroño, but as soon as we get our residency card (our appointment with immigration is this Tue), I’m going to buy a car so we can venture out. Hopefully, getting our green card will go better than getting the empadronamiento (proof of address), which took 4 trips to city hall - I even had a translator go with us each time!

I visited Logroño a few times during my working life, staying in the city but the factory was in Agoncillo ( Crown Bevcan España ).

A nice little city , didn’t get to see much of the surrounding countryside but did see quite a few bottles of Rioja meet their maker !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Thanks, we are really enjoying Spain and the people have been very welcoming. So far we’ve only spent time in Logroño, but as soon as we get our residency card (our appointment with immigration is this Tue), I’m going to buy a car so we can venture out. Hopefully, getting our green card will go better than getting the empadronamiento (proof of address), which took 4 trips to city hall - I even had a translator go with us each time!

Enjoy....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I visited Logroño a few times during my working life, staying in the city but the factory was in Agoncillo ( Crown Bevcan España ).

A nice little city , didn’t get to see much of the surrounding countryside but did see quite a few bottles of Rioja meet their maker !!

Very cool, I intend to do the same consuming of the wine. BTW, the countryside around here is fantastic. So far, we've only had a chance to explore north and west of here, between Logrono and Pamplona, but it is really amazing and the roads were smooth and empty of other vehicles.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DBath said:

Very cool, I intend to do the same consuming of the wine. BTW, the countryside around here is fantastic. So far, we've only had a chance to explore north and west of here, between Logrono and Pamplona, but it is really amazing and the roads were smooth and empty of other vehicles.

The empty roads won't last, but still very enjoyable to drive there. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

The empty roads won't last, but still very enjoyable to drive there. 

You’re probably right. One other thing I’ve noticed between here and the US is how most shops are closed on Sundays, even the malls and supermarkets.

The pace here is definitely slower, but I like that. 

2 hours ago, DBath said:

You’re probably right. One other thing I’ve noticed between here and the US is how most shops are closed on Sundays, even the malls and supermarkets.

The pace here is definitely slower, but I like that. 

You'll have to learn relaxing and Siesta are still very important.. A bit Mediterranean attitude. I'll send, if you don't mind, a Msge next time I'm around. Take care. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

You'll have to learn relaxing and Siesta are still very important.. A bit Mediterranean attitude. I'll send, if you don't mind, a Msge next time I'm around. Take care. 

That sounds great, perhaps some pinchos and vino tinto will be in order - two things this area is famous for.

• Like 1