What Songs Make You Cry?

Neeranam

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

The Prime Minister released a song recently.

I didn't understand the words but I cried anyways.

"Thai prime minister releases 'morale-boosting' song"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/22/thai-prime-minister-prayuth-chan-ocha-song-because-you-are-thailand

Prime Minister.jpg

Pass the vomit bucket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DBath said:

3 songs give me the urge to cry (I did tear-up to the last one once, while drunk)…

‘What a Wonderful World’ - Louie Armstrong. I find it sad that so many often fail to see the true simple beauty in the world. 

’If Tomorrow Never Comes’ - Garth Brooks. “I’ve lost loved ones in my life, who never knew how much I loved them. Now I live with the regret that my true feelings for them never were revealed…”

‘Still’ - Lionel Ritchie.

A wonderful world-really ?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

Ernie, by Benny Hill especially when Two Ton Ted's stale pork pie hits Ernie in the eye and Ernie bites the dust. Ernie was only 52 he didn't want to die. Makes me cry for hours.

Ah 2 ton Ted from Teddington , I wonder if he is still around.  Was it a # 1 about Xmas 1971 . I seem to remember it on coming back from Oz at that time ?

5 hours ago, jvs said:

Yes in my opinion this is also the best version,they have a lot of great songs.

You can find all of their music on youtube.

Here is another one i like a lot.

This song they wrote in hour of a fan who was killed by a car,drunk driver i believe.

Thanks, this is very good stuff. The lead singer has serious skills. Not sure why I can't find them on Apple Music. Err...maybe I do know why I can't find them... which is quite sad.

• Like 1

This song, especially the video attached to it, gets me in the feels every time I hear it. Even though it is 7(?) years old and the figures quoted (in the video) are lower than they are today, it gets to me. I'm not American but served 23 years in another country's armed forces; I can understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chrisinth said:

This song, especially the video attached to it, gets me in the feels every time I hear it. Even though it is 7(?) years old and the figures quoted (in the video) are lower than they are today, it gets to me. I'm not American but served 23 years in another country's armed forces; I can understand.

Just another example of people DGAF

Been going on for ever, but really got public after Nam

How things have changed - NOT

16 hours ago, DBath said:

Yeah...are you another of those who say, "men don't cry?" Never mind, I already know the answer. BTW, it takes a real man to cry. Are you a real man? Never mind that, too - I already know the answer.

You are a man of great wisdom... ????????????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

No vino tinto??????????????

I’m a beer lover, but I do like good wine occasionally.…The place we’re renting here in Logroño, until we can decide where to buy, is owned by a prominent family who are owners of a big winery in the La Rioja region - they’re fantastic people. 

Edited by DBath

The part I'm quoting from "The River" by Springsteen, especially the bit about " I'd lie awake
And pull her close just to feel each breath she'd take
Now those memories come back to haunt me
They haunt me like a curse"

Memories of mine from my marriage.

I got a job working construction for the Johnstown Company
But lately there ain't been much work on account of the economy
Now all them things that seemed so important
Well, mister, they vanished right into the air
Now I just act like I don't remember
And Mary acts like she don't care

But I remember us riding in my brother's car
Her body tan and wet down at the reservoir
At night on them banks I'd lie awake
And pull her close just to feel each breath she'd take
Now those memories come back to haunt me
They haunt me like a curse
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
Or is it something worse

That sends me down to the river
Though I know the river is dry
That sends me down to the river tonight
Ah-yah-yah
Down to the river
My baby and I
Oh, down to the river we ride
Ah-yah-ay

..............................................................................................

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:16 AM, chrisinth said:

Thanks for posting that.

I served in the military, but my generation's war, Vietnam, ended for us before I got there.

I served over 10 years, but a military without a purpose does not make for a happy organisation, and after all those that saw real action in Vietnam left it became a place I did not want to be, so I left it. Too much bureaucracy and petty BS ruined it, IMO.

The day I left, was the day I became nothing to the military, so I can empathise with the sentiments in the VDO. They use you and then discard you, but that seems to be life in general today. Rather sad, IMO.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, DBath said:

3 songs give me the urge to cry (I did tear-up to the last one once, while drunk)…

‘What a Wonderful World’ - Louie Armstrong. I find it sad that so many often fail to see the true simple beauty in the world. 

’If Tomorrow Never Comes’ - Garth Brooks. “I’ve lost loved ones in my life, who never knew how much I loved them. Now I live with the regret that my true feelings for them never were revealed…”

‘Still’ - Lionel Ritchie.

‘What a Wonderful World’ in the context of the movie "Good morning Vietnam" is indeed very sad, but with the added sense of loss of Robin Williams it becomes an emotional downer indeed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DBath said:

I’m a beer lover, but I do like good wine occasionally.…The place we’re renting here in Logroño, until we can decide where to buy, is owned by a prominent family who are owners of a big winery in the La Rioja region - they’re fantastic people. 

Great stuff. I used to spend a lot of time in Spain. Barcelona, Valencia, etc mainly working. And had a lot of great times also in Rosas, Palafrugell, etc for holidays....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Great stuff. I used to spend a lot of time in Spain. Barcelona, Valencia, etc mainly working. And had a lot of great times also in Rosas, Palafrugell, etc for holidays....

Thanks, we are really enjoying Spain and the people have been very welcoming. So far we’ve only spent time in Logroño, but as soon as we get our residency card (our appointment with immigration is this Tue), I’m going to buy a car so we can venture out. Hopefully, getting our green card will go better than getting the empadronamiento (proof of address), which took 4 trips to city hall - I even had a translator go with us each time!