Amazing Thailand: "Food Panda" guy who robbed gold shop turns out to be a POLICEMAN

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Sources at the police station told the media that following the robbery when officers looked at CCTV they thought it might be a colleague.

Perfectly understandable, Jo Ferrai's position seems to be vacant and he wanted to deposit the requisite funds to be in with a shout of promotion.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

THE RTP have a serious challenge on their hands to maintain the confidence, faith and trust of the people they serve.

I don't think they serve anyone they expect the people to serve them same as the rest of the government 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

When your days of collecting money and brown envelopes ends because of a pandemic, you need to find an alternative way to pay for your food, and mia noi.......

I don't know what it is now but I remember about 10 years ago a rookie cops starting pay was around B8000/m.  Something like a restaurant waiters pay that pre-supposes "tips".   YGWYPF

1 minute ago, dddave said:

I don't know what it is now but I remember about 10 years ago a rookie cops starting pay was around B8000/m.  Something like a restaurant waiters pay that pre-supposes "tips".   YGWYPF

They also had to buy their own gear as well as a gun.  I bought my brother in-law, now ex BIL his duty weapon back in 2016, when the department bought weapons for then, that they had to pay for as well, he gave the gun to my ex-FIL.  I also bought him a vest to wear.  Tried to buy one from the states and have it shipped but they classified it as an illegal product, and a weapon of war.  It was a Type 2 Bullet proof vest for christs sake......weapon of war, go figure.  Many of the RTP guys work as security for gold shops themselves, so you have to wonder about this guy if the shop he robbed was one he had worked at doing security.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They also had to buy their own gear as well as a gun.  I bought my brother in-law, now ex BIL his duty weapon back in 2016, when the department bought weapons for then, that they had to pay for as well, he gave the gun to my ex-FIL.  I also bought him a vest to wear.  Tried to buy one from the states and have it shipped but they classified it as an illegal product, and a weapon of war.  It was a Type 2 Bullet proof vest for christs sake......weapon of war, go figure.  Many of the RTP guys work as security for gold shops themselves, so you have to wonder about this guy if the shop he robbed was one he had worked at doing security.

sometimes a robbery comes after a refusal to hire "security"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

THE RTP have a serious challenge on their hands to maintain the confidence, faith and trust of the people they serve.

Im sure you meant "establish" rather than "maintain".. hard to maintain something when you dont have it to start with 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

..........................the expression charming .

Teacher ' Can anyone put charming in a sentence ?  little boy ' my sister is charming .

Very good says teacher now can anyone put charming in a sentence twice ?

A little girl ' I have 2 sisters and they are both charming.'

Hmm says teacher , what about 3 times in a sentence.

little Tommy says ' My sister at breakfast today say she was pregnant , my dad said Charming charming tha's just bloody charming !

When the baby was born Tommy goes to school and announces the fact to the class. The teacher asks "did the baby come by stork?" "No." says Tommy "my sister said it came from a <deleted> on the Isle of Wight."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Searat7 said:

Pay police a decent salary BUT really throw the book at them when they break the law as they should be held to a higher standard. I think Singapore made this change. 

Yes, I agree.

Good salaries, strict/elevated entrance requirements, good pension (that can be lost) and as you say, throw the book at them for any misdemeanours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, brommers said:

Since when did the RTP serve the people? This country has always been a police state and is now totally run by corrupt police and military. Sadly most people just shrug & say "what can we do" instead of taking to the streets in mass action.

They're too busy scamming each other.

That is the Big C we shop at sometimes.  Not a good PR time for the Thai Police lately like there ever was.  Think the whole police force needs an enema and start from scratch.  Police were called to our village once and they asked who would pay gas money for them to come.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Pay police a decent salary BUT really throw the book at them when they break the law as they should be held to a higher standard. I think Singapore made this change. 

Singapore certainly did. Lee Kuan Yew did a great job there. That was a tiny island with just a couple million people, though. Thailand is much larger, and the corruption here is probably also on a different scale.