“Three Ps” deny rift rumours

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

“Not everyone loves their friends as much as we three love each other, since we fought on a battlefield together and he [Prawit] was my commanding officer from my first step into the civil servant service,” Prayut told reporters.

What Battlefield did they serve together on, was it the coup battlefield, were they assigned to a UN sanctioned location where there was a war going on, or was it the battle for Preah Vihear.  Not sure Thailand has been in many battles in the past 40 years.

I did find these however:

Khmer Rouge (Cambodia) Border Raids into Thailand (1975-1979)

Thai-Laotian Border War (1987-1988)

Thailand-Myanmar Border Conflict (2001)

Thai Muslim Rebellion (2003 – Present) Thailand vs. Muslim Separatists –Thailand’s Muslim population, located in the south near the border with Malaysia, rebelled in 2003. A similar campaign of violence hit the south in the 1970s and 1980s.

Thai Military Coup (2006)–The elected government of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was overthrown by the Thai military. This began an ongoing period of political unrest in Thai politics.

Cambodia-Thai Border Clash (2008-2011)–Thai and Cambodian troops exchanged fire with each other on the disputed territory near the Preah Vihear Temple.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

I think the only battles these guys have instigated is against their own people.

And those have also been a failure. Suggest they stick with boys scout games - - ever those might over tax their collective skills. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

I think the question is 'How did bonnie Prince Charles earn all his medals and Orders? '

Although not earned by any form of military service, it's common for royals to have such medals rightly or wrongly.

Also in the picture is that some medals and awards are granted on the basis of 'praising' individuals and all members of a military unit involved in an action and the recognition continues forever to all service people who were members of that unit at the time of the military action and all future members of that unit, forever. 

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What Battlefield did they serve together on, was it the coup battlefield, were they assigned to a UN sanctioned location where there was a war going on, or was it the battle for Preah Vihear.  Not sure Thailand has been in many battles in the past 40 years.

Thai Muslim Rebellion (2003 – Present) Thailand vs. Muslim Separatists –Thailand’s Muslim population, located in the south near the border with Malaysia, rebelled in 2003. A similar campaign of violence hit the south in the 1970s and 1980s.

Thai Military Coup (2006)–The elected government of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was overthrown by the Thai military. This began an ongoing period of political unrest in Thai politics.

Cambodia-Thai Border Clash (2008-2011)–Thai and Cambodian troops exchanged fire with each other on the disputed territory near the Preah Vihear Temple.

I wonder which war he is referring to?

Given their ages it has to be either the 

or

Thai-Laotian Border War (1987-1988).

Or is it just complete nonsense?

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet, we all know the principle reasoning behind a strong and numbered military force, don't we?