Thai PM survives no confidence vote as more anti-government protests planned

webfact

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The only way to get them out is millions on the streets and not thousands together with a National Strike.  Make them bring the Army out to start shooting people in the full glare of World Publicity and something has to give.

You are dead right about that. That's the only way

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

You really would do have to do something almost unimaginable here to lose such a vote, when you have so many unelected MP's in your pocket.

Shameful, but absolutely expected result, yet they wonder why the masses are on the streets protesting.

The masses just don't understand ????

• Thanks 1

It really wasn't up to the PPRP party, but the BhumjaiThai party that got him into power and who are keeping him there.  That's Anutin and Saksiam Childchob in the BhumjaiThai party with the main "king maker" being Saksiam's brother Newin Chidchob from Buriram.

Newin was previously part of the Thai Rak Thai party that supported Thaksin before the 2006 coup.   Then he switched sides opposing Thaksin.

If the BumjaiThai party ever switches sides then Prayuth is gone ... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Four days wasted on a forgone conclusion when they should have been using that time to sort out the vaccine issues and numbers dying of Covid the only way is for a million people to go on the streets and protest even then it might not be enough to make him resign in any other democratic country the leader would have  been sacked 

3 hours ago, off road pat said:

The thing farang's don't understand is that people in high places can loose face multiple times, as long as they stay in there very well remunerated plus full benefits function. A function that gives them the possibility to gain more power and a whole lot more money than there high salary's.

Lots of money, Lots of faces.

As much as I hate this government and Prayut, I feel that it’s the wrong time to change him and his ministers at this pivotal junction. Better to have continuity on the vaccination program and the drive to bring down cases. Economic relief package in his plans need to continue. A new PM and government will waste more time to come out with their plans. Anyway Prayut days are numbered and will not survive the next election. 

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

As much as I hate this government and Prayut, I feel that it’s the wrong time to change him and his ministers at this pivotal junction. Better to have continuity on the vaccination program and the drive to bring down cases. Economic relief package in his plans need to continue. A new PM and government will waste more time to come out with their plans. Anyway Prayut days are numbered and will not survive the next election. 

Debatable if it would be any worse, but a bit of a gamble and probably not really worth the risk. As this is Thailand better to let in stagger along, as up the creek without a paddle is still up the creek who ever the conducter is. 

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The only way to get them out is millions on the streets and not thousands together with a National Strike.  Make them bring the Army out to start shooting people in the full glare of World Publicity and something has to give.

I've been advocating a unified general strike kind of action for some time. With or without the street protest and demonstrations. Kind of a "live one's protest" practice. The only catch is that is the action has to come from an overwhelming percentage of the population throughout the country.

• Like 1

I think; hands down, most of us knew this would be the outcome, but I would like to hear opposing points of view. 

Most of us are from democratic countries whose institutions are strong; thus, they do a wonderful job of staying separate from each other - "Checks and balance," but in seems in Thailand, these institutions are much more "In each others pockets"/colluding with one another, but is stuff like this needed in Thailand? The intuitions in Thailand don't seem strong enough to work on their own/stand separately from one another. I think of China in comparison. To begin, I think communism/authoritarian governments are bad for the people they serve, primarily because they lie/aren't transparent, but in certain ways, this type of government seems to have helped China since Mao; although, I think things will continue to get worse under Xi, but is Thailand at a crossroads here  to make a decision which direction they want to go: the oligarchy (The current type of government structure v. the "Everyday" people?

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Of course he survived it, the MP's from his own party who I think out number the other party groups MPs are in his back pocket.  Was there ever any doubt he would be removed as well as Anutin.

The muppets show strikes again - nothing new ????

• Like 1