Rumbling undercurrent unsettles Prayut despite censure win

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

What did I do wrong? I am working so hard,” the PM reportedly wrote in a text message.

Reply Message; It doesn't matter how hard you work if you don't have any qualifications or experience or training for a job, then don't attempt to do something you know NOTHING about. Stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Unfortunately wouldn't work, how many coup have they been involved with to this point?  Seems they haven't learnt 1 thing to date and as first hand experience beats theory everytime, any course would be a complete time waster - although they have plenty to waste. 

Yeah. I've always thought they are all basically just slightly different versions of the same problem. Their policies never differ much. They have no political ideology. It's just clanism

18 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Not being ready or willing for a 'democracy' of whatever shape of size they come in would certainly account for the number of successful coups over the years... Perhaps the Singapore model is the way to go. Benevolent dictatorship. Oh, wait....

It would help if the coup leaders were trained in how to run a country next time. Perhaps add it to army training.

Learning how to hide corruption at a Military Academy?? :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

“Why aren’t those MPs supporting me? What did I do wrong? I am working so hard,” the PM reportedly wrote in a text message.

Huh? Is this overly rich, self entitled, Ivory tower fool really this out of touch? Is that possible? Talk about unrepentant. 

He or his policies, (or his lack of policies) have sabotaged tourism, decimated the economy, dramatically increased homelessness, put millions out of work, taken away press freedoms, taken away the right to protest under draconian Covid laws, dramatically increased suicide rates, failed miserably with the vaccinations, set the nation back a decade or two, shrunk the economy, collapsed the real estate market, shuttered countless small businesses and taken away the happiness of the people. He will blame it all on Covid. And part of this is due to Covid. But, much pain could have been avoided had he acted like a leader. 

And he does not know why he is the most despised man in Thailand? Really? 

What about the other Chuckle Brother? :cheesy: I mean the health minister with the engineering degree. :cheesy:

Edited by possum1931

Interesting quote from later on in the article:  

“Palang Pracharath is like Frankenstein’s monster. Its body is unnatural and nothing can guarantee it won’t deteriorate. It could eventually become an ad hoc party,” said Wanwichit.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

You mean the guy who knows absolutely nothing about health care, or how to create an effective vaccination program?

Actually I don't think that you really need to know all that much about the portfolio you are heading, what is needed is enough intelligence to organise the necessary people with the know-how to put together the right plan for review and presentation - therein lies the problem - "intelligence" . Not unlike the guy trying to run the whole show, a complete lack of smarts without enough brains to surround himself with experts instead of brown noses. 

If he had the right people advising, he would appear  to know what he is doing. 

Unfortunately  a Thai traint, I know everything - just shut up and do as I say. 

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Actually I don't think that you really need to know all that much about the portfolio you are heading, what is needed is enough intelligence to organise the necessary people with the know-how to put together the right plan for review and presentation - therein lies the problem - "intelligence" . Not unlike the guy trying to run the whole show, a complete lack of smarts without enough brains to surround himself with experts instead of brown noses. 

If he had the right people advising, he would appear  to know what he is doing. 

Unfortunately  a Thai traint, I know everything - just shut up and do as I say. 

True that. But, it takes a certain degree of humility and wisdom to surround yourself with experts, who are highly qualified. And it defies the long held traditions of cronyism here. But, you are right. It would be a very effective way of making a horrible leader look mildly competent. 

• Like 2

According to Paul Chambers, director of research at the Institute of Southeast Asian Affairs in the Thai city of Chiang Mai, Prayuth soon became a prominent member of the Eastern Tigers, a royalist military faction based in eastern Thailand.

In the 1990s, Chambers said, the Eastern Tigers amassed considerable wealth by trading gems with Cambodian Khmer Rouge insurgents based along the two countries’ border, a racket which “directly benefited” the faction and some of its commanders.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/05/21/the-new-king-of-siam-thailand-prayuth-junta/

History is fascinating.

2 hours ago, mahtin said:

According to Paul Chambers, director of research at the Institute of Southeast Asian Affairs in the Thai city of Chiang Mai, Prayuth soon became a prominent member of the Eastern Tigers, a royalist military faction based in eastern Thailand.

In the 1990s, Chambers said, the Eastern Tigers amassed considerable wealth by trading gems with Cambodian Khmer Rouge insurgents based along the two countries’ border, a racket which “directly benefited” the faction and some of its commanders.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/05/21/the-new-king-of-siam-thailand-prayuth-junta/

History is fascinating.

The only battle this man has ever engaged in, in his sorry life, is the war against personal poverty. He has totally embraced corruption in any and all forms. Personal enrichment at any cost, could be his personal motto. 

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You mean the guy who knows absolutely nothing about health care, or how to create an effective vaccination program?

Yeah. All things COVID might be the domain of the medical/health/scientific fields.

5 hours ago, mahtin said:

History is fascinating.

There were [and still are] a number of secret paramilitary groups that were created under royal patronage - most active throughout the 1960s-1970s.......and somewhat revived in the 1990s. 

In a round about subliminal manner, tells ya everything ya need to know about contemporary Thailand.

15 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Yeah. All things COVID might be the domain of the medical/health/scientific fields.

And putting a construction guy in charge of the health department may have made sense at the time, due to his political clout. But, the moment Covid came along, it was a national emergency, especially with a nation so dependent on tourism. So, wisdom should have prevailed enough for him to be replaced with someone experienced and competent, immediately at that point. Not doing so, tells you everything you need to know about Cha Cha, and his heinous, toxic, no nothing administration. 

20c2d3ea7ef152c8c1e165237504bcce.gif

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mikebell said:

A new PM with drug-dealing contacts?

Could be beneficial, introduce drugs to all his parliamentary colleagues, get them stoned and let the country run on its own, couldn't be any worse than the current buffoons acting as politicians. 

Edited by Artisi