Attend and organize drinking parties and face arrest, reiterates RTP spokesman

webfact

22 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I used to border hop at the weekends.... I wasn't alone.

You must have gone through a lot of passports. I was forever having to renew or add pages because of the full page re-entry permit, (when I lived there). I loathed the airport going out and coming in; always such a tense process, like Midnight Express in my mind; except there were of course no drugs or alcohol involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

The Thai obsession of alcohol I don't understand, but now that even food is targeted is very special...It seems that sexparties are allowed, because there is no food and with coke cola it is allowed 

The base reasonings are directed at the larger gatherings, which makes sense in the attempt to promote mitigation protocol and whatnot. The Thai authoritarian mindset will certainly exercise any puritan justification that they can make up to restrict the consumption of alcohol, as they might as such applies to most public/national holidays. It's all quite whimsical and easier now under the guise of everything COVID. 

So....what about Wat gatherings? Still witnessing assorted tamboons here and there. As such group outings were taboo early on. 

And the months-long protesting? 

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I've always said....you are never more than 20' away from a Thai with a PA system.

Tell me! I live next to my village school. The tannoy is on the go all day. The children get to play their music over it before and after school ( which I don't mind - some of the "DJing" is rather good, segues, voice overs and so on), but between 0830 and 1530 continuous martial music, patriotic songs, motivational addresses and barked announcements. None of which, as far as I can see, the children take the slightest bit of notice of. On boy scouts/girl guides sessions the drill pig even uses it for drill commands, then when some unfortunate child turns to the right instead of the left uses it to bawl them out - fat knacker that he is!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Tell me! I live next to my village school. The tannoy is on the go all day. The children get to play their music over it before and after school ( which I don't mind - some of the "DJing" is rather good, segues, voice overs and so on), but between 0830 and 1530 continuous martial music, patriotic songs, motivational addresses and barked announcements. None of which, as far as I can see, the children take the slightest bit of notice of. On boy scouts/girl guides sessions the drill pig even uses it for drill commands, then when some unfortunate child turns to the right instead of the left uses it to bawl them out - fat knacker that he is!

School holidays must be heaven.

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

As a teacher the single most annoying thing (apart from the kids) was senior management sounding off over the tannoy system. It can destroy a lesson and if not done in lesson time no one listens to a word.

Office staff were just as bad. They loved to hear their own voice.

Just now, Will B Good said:

School holidays must be heaven.

Peaceful! I don't mind the noise from the children, as a teacher myself (part time, and on a couple of months sick leave at present) I can hardly complain about, and in truth quite enjoy the exhuberant clamour of the children - Thais don't do quiet! I just wish that the teachers would understand that by going outside and talking to the children they would get far far more across! As it is, all they are doing is ensuring a healthy contempt for public announcements!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Peaceful! I don't mind the noise from the children, as a teacher myself (part time, and on a couple of months sick leave at present) I can hardly complain about, and in truth quite enjoy the exhuberant clamour of the children - Thais don't do quiet! I just wish that the teachers would understand that by going outside and talking to the children they would get far far more across! As it is, all they are doing is ensuring a healthy contempt for public announcements!

There was only ever one announcement that caught the kids attention when I taught....."OPERATION SNOWFLAKE".....school to close early due to drifting snow.

Not heard too often over here I guess.

Edited by Will B Good

What about the gatherings of thousands on the Sky Train and Mrt, not much alcohol involved but people crammed together day after day!

If they really want to stop the spread, mass test for free nationwide and self isolate the unfortunate positives cases and rapidly accelerate a full and comprehensive vaccination program for all.

With a current positive rate of 30% or more from only circa 40k PCR tests daily the situation is far from under control, yet the clueless Junta roll out the lets open up the country theme with daily projections of millions of tourists........ whilst two hundred locals die every day.

3 minutes ago, sapson said:

What about the gatherings of thousands on the Sky Train and Mrt, not much alcohol involved but people crammed together day after day!

If they really want to stop the spread, mass test for free nationwide and self isolate the unfortunate positives cases and rapidly accelerate a full and comprehensive vaccination program for all.

With a current positive rate of 30% or more from only circa 40k PCR tests daily the situation is far from under control, yet the clueless Junta roll out the lets open up the country theme with daily projections of millions of tourists........ whilst two hundred locals die every day.

Not allowed to say junta.