Covid restrictions on travel abroad.

Will B Good

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Not so sure because if you read the WHO documents Thailand has not applied. So has nothing to with political views but with not doing their homework. Its all about paperwork and inspections. 

https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_19August2021.pdf

Both Sinovac and Astra have been finalized and approved as shown in your link. 

4 minutes ago, Whale said:

But not AZ from Thailand yet, that is still not "legal tender".

I thought I read that some batches were sourced from foreign countries and not produced in Thailand?

Edited by EricTh

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Any luck finding a way back yet ?

No. Every time I think I have found something, there is a requirement that kills it. 

The single biggest problem is 'our' vaccines and/or certificates will not be recognized.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

No. Every time I think I have found something, there is a requirement that kills it. 

The single biggest problem is 'our' vaccines and/or certificates will not be recognized.

Yes, I have been checking this site out , which has up to date information . 

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whale said:

Which will work great for UK tourists vaccinated in the UK with there NHS app returning to the UK.

It will switch from who is on the Red List to "let me see you vaccination certificates" resulting in expats still having to face expensive quarantine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 9:11 AM, Will B Good said:

Egypt looks doable , just need a PCR test to enter and then its an Amber Country when arriving in the U.K

• Thanks 2

Portuguese Autonomous Region Of Madeira appears to accept our vaccines and any 'official' vaccine passports. Presently on UK green watch list though and could turn to amber at any time. Of course, transit stop(s) will be necessary from Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Would you not be better by stay Thailand and celebrate Christmas here as it does not look good by seeing this pages ...... ???? as empty shelves is not a Christmas feeling 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1496595/fuel-shortage-supply-chain-hgv-lorry-drivers-visas-plan-save-Christmas

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/25/european-lorry-drivers-will-not-want-to-come-to-uk-warn-haulage-chiefs

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 5:07 AM, david555 said:

Would you not be better by stay Thailand and celebrate Christmas here as it does not look good by seeing this pages ...... ???? as empty shelves is not a Christmas feeling 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1496595/fuel-shortage-supply-chain-hgv-lorry-drivers-visas-plan-save-Christmas

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/25/european-lorry-drivers-will-not-want-to-come-to-uk-warn-haulage-chiefs

Thinking the same....but two grandchildren I have yet to meet, both already walking!!!! and we have booked a 10 bedroom farm house for a huge family Xmas......so kind of committed to it now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Thinking the same....but two grandchildren I have yet to meet, both already walking!!!! and we have booked a 10 bedroom farm house for a huge family Xmas......so kind of committed to it now.

Better also book horse and coach from airport  to be sure to reach farm house .....???? but good thing there shall be grass enough for the horse ....

looks we are all on our way back to 17 century living ....hope it would at least be 18 th century as energy will become priceless

( in sarcasme way intended....????)

????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Better also book horse and coach from airport  to be sure to reach farm house .....???? but good thing there shall be grass enough for the horse ....

looks we are all on our way back to 17 century living ....hope it would at least be 18 th century as energy will become priceless

( in sarcasme way intended....????)

????

There is an upside.

If Thailand remains RED, the wife can't come back with me AND I will take a 10 day layover somewhere to avoid UK quarantine.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Confused 1

looks, like Switzerland started to recognise vax done in thailand.

Belgium is the only one in europe formally opened (for essential travel), but unlike switzerland accepts vax only done in the EU, usa, uk.

Austria also look easy, they do accept proof of recovery for 180 days and proof of presence of COVID-19 antibodies for 90 days - these tests cost only 700-1500b, so well worth a try.

The easiest would be to declare, that only transiting below 48h, so no need quarantine or additional tests.

Purpose of journey is vax at your home country (there is also chance that some european countries do vax to non citizens, as they do in the usa to "vax tourists" from thailand). I would seek one shot J&J, just after 22 days you get free entry travel within europe, and beyond. Worth registering now for vax at home countries - further proof for reason to travel.

Still, do local PCR test and travel to your destination on that one and on national ID card, not on thai stamped passport. 

Also do use/buy local sim card for filling covid forms, thai number doesn't look that convincing.

I will wait till november for thai to relax their entry rules and will do short switzerland visit.

I don't know whether this would be good for the UK now, but well might be before xmass.

My european consulate refused to validate my 2 pfizer from thailand, they said it's not their business - even I have reasoned with them, that it's for the purpose of travel of getting jabbed back home. They do validate all other thai issued documents, but not that one.

I do welcome comments by pm 

Edited by internationalism