Covid restrictions on travel abroad.

Will B Good

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

What is strange is that the EU does accept shinovax and shinopharm and many others but not the Thai Astra.

Probably because it has not been approved by the WHO, I guess they don't want them to inspect their factory or think its too much of a hassle.

However this means problems for everyone who has been vaccinated with a Thai Astra.. its also been exported to other countries.

Bit stupid IMHO to not let the WHO approve your vaccine.

From AstraZeneca's website:

Q: Can I travel with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that has been manufactured in Thailand?

A: COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that is made in Thailand is of the same quality as AstraZeneca’s vaccine made in Europe, Korea, Japan, Australia, and elsewhere. All manufacturing around the world is conducted using the same stringent manufacturing process and each batch passes over 60 quality tests as part of our global robust quality assurance process.

Many governments, including France (TH/FR) and Germany (EN/DE), consider people vaccinated with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca made in Thailand as ‘fully vaccinated’. Please contact the government of your destination country with questions.

To make it easier for more governments to recognize, for travel purposes, vaccines that are manufactured across AstraZeneca’s worldwide network, we aim to secure World Health Organisation Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) for manufacturing sites, including Siam Bioscience.

We are also registering the brand name for the vaccine, Vaxzevria, around the world to provide additional clarity. The brand name Vaxzevria is already approved by the European Medicines Agency and many other countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

The latest i have of germany NOT accepting is is 13 july. Do you have some link im curious

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/germany-permits-entry-for-travellers-jabbed-with-5-covid-19-vaccines-including-covishield/

I would have thought Europe would be more uniform in its rules but it does not look that way.

"Governments in many countries such as France ( Thai  / French ) and Germany ( English  / German ) have approved the COVID-19 vaccine. of AstraZeneca manufactured in Thailand. "

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

"Governments in many countries such as France ( Thai  / French ) and Germany ( English  / German ) have approved the COVID-19 vaccine. of AstraZeneca manufactured in Thailand. "

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html

Ok just read that governments can decide for themselves. But both the WHO and EMA have NOT approved it. So why does Thailand not seek approval. I mean it would help a lot of people. Unless they are afraid they wont pass the tests.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I am looking to get back to the UK and legally avoid the extortionate cost of UK quarantine when coming from a Red Listed country. 

My cunning plan is to fly to Belgium, stay 10 days (?), then travel to UK.

I like your thinking. I also need to get back.

But is Thailand not classed as Red in Belgium?

Also when factoring in ten days possible quarantine in Belgium plus extra air fare to the UK. Will it be much cheaper than flying direct and doing UK quarantine?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Ok just read that governments can decide for themselves. But both the WHO and EMA have NOT approved it. So why does Thailand not seek approval. I mean it would help a lot of people. Unless they are afraid they wont pass the tests.

Some info , https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2021/07/02/eu-vaccine-passport-doesnt-recognise-astrazeneca-vaccines-given-to-malaysia/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sapson said:

Interesting post, can we as Brits just fly to Belgium with no tests etc and stay for ten nights without restrictions and then forward to UK.?

I don't think you can fly anywhere now without a Negative test 48-72 hours

• Like 1

I was just checking longer term (by year's end), the outline of my requirements for travel to Hong Kong, with its 21 day quarantine for those fully vaccinated and with a Hong Kong ID/PR.

And low and behold, vaccines given in Thailand are not recognised by the Hong Kong Government. Actually, the only countries in Asia which has recognised vaccines are Japan, Indonesia & The Philippines*. Surprisingly, not even Singapore, where I thought they were talking about a travel bubble (twice cancelled). Also, Phuket (and Thailand generally) allows travellers from Hong Kong, but not the other way round.

So that certainly puts the boot into my plan to travel to Hong Kong. No can.

*I think it's no coincidence that domestic helpers in Hong Kong come predominantly from The Philippines.

Edited by samtam
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Mmmmm.....was really looking forward to that.

Fly to Brussels....train the Amsterdam? Bit naughty?

Same rule for quarantining....in my Home Country Belgium .... no escape  (for the moment ...) even i should have to quarantine

Support your economy and go U.K. straight  ???? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Same rule for quarantining....in my Home Country Belgium .... no escape  (for the moment ...) even i should have to quarantine

Support your economy and go U.K. straight  ???? 

? It says Thailand is green for Belgium??

18 minutes ago, Espanol said:

At the moment in Spain there are no problems when returning from Thailand and it is probably a better and cheaper place than Belgium to spend 10 days before continuing to travel to the UK.

Ooooo....good one. Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

Belgium put Thailand as red before even the Dutch ,check good as all those websites are confusing  too many exceptions , i would wish it  was green  as it would trouble me too ...... next year i  go back living my country , already now  checking and training for it ...????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Copy pasre and used translater online , last line say it 

Coronavirus COVID-19

Travel to Thailand

As part of the fight against COVID-19, the state of emergency will remain in force in Thailand at least until 30 September 2021.

Belgian travelers can travel to Thailand for a maximum stay of 45 days without applying for a visa at the Thai embassy in Belgium. However, travellers must apply for a 'Certificate of Entry' (COE) via the Thai embassy in Belgium. Travelers are required to perform a COVID-19 test and submit a negative test result within 72 hours before travel. After receiving the 'Certificate of Entry', you must register on the 'Thailand Plus' app before departure. Be attentive to the protection of personal data.

All travelers (vaccinated or not) will be subject to 15 days (14 nights) quarantine at their own expense in hotels selected by the government. In addition, travelers will be subjected to 3 additional tests during their quarantine period.

The islands of Phuket and Samui are open to fully vaccinated tourists without quarantine. During the stay, travelers will undergo three Covid tests. A positive result means mandatory hospitalization at your own expense. The minimum stay is 14 nights in selected hotels, before one can travel on in Thailand. The range of domestic flights is currently very limited. For a shorter stay, one must leave Thailand from Phuket or Samui. Obtaining a 'Certificate of Entry' remains necessary. Procedures and conditions can change up to the last minute depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 situation.

Restrictions still apply to commercial flights to Thailand. Travellers are dependent on semi-commercial flights operated by certain airlines. Since 1 March 2021, transit via Bangkok (BKK) is allowed again (maximum 12 hours).

For further information, please the website of the Embassy of Thailand in Brussels(external link) to consult.

Thailand belongs to the red zone. When returning to Belgium from Thailand, there are therefore strict conditions, to be consulted on https://www.info-coronavirus.be/nl/(external link).

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Copy pasre and used translater online , last line say it 

Coronavirus COVID-19

Travel to Thailand

As part of the fight against COVID-19, the state of emergency will remain in force in Thailand at least until 30 September 2021.

Belgian travelers can travel to Thailand for a maximum stay of 45 days without applying for a visa at the Thai embassy in Belgium. However, travellers must apply for a 'Certificate of Entry' (COE) via the Thai embassy in Belgium. Travelers are required to perform a COVID-19 test and submit a negative test result within 72 hours before travel. After receiving the 'Certificate of Entry', you must register on the 'Thailand Plus' app before departure. Be attentive to the protection of personal data.

All travelers (vaccinated or not) will be subject to 15 days (14 nights) quarantine at their own expense in hotels selected by the government. In addition, travelers will be subjected to 3 additional tests during their quarantine period.

The islands of Phuket and Samui are open to fully vaccinated tourists without quarantine. During the stay, travelers will undergo three Covid tests. A positive result means mandatory hospitalization at your own expense. The minimum stay is 14 nights in selected hotels, before one can travel on in Thailand. The range of domestic flights is currently very limited. For a shorter stay, one must leave Thailand from Phuket or Samui. Obtaining a 'Certificate of Entry' remains necessary. Procedures and conditions can change up to the last minute depending on the evolution of the COVID-19 situation.

Restrictions still apply to commercial flights to Thailand. Travellers are dependent on semi-commercial flights operated by certain airlines. Since 1 March 2021, transit via Bangkok (BKK) is allowed again (maximum 12 hours).

For further information, please the website of the Embassy of Thailand in Brussels(external link) to consult.

Thailand belongs to the red zone. When returning to Belgium from Thailand, there are therefore strict conditions, to be consulted on https://www.info-coronavirus.be/nl/(external link).

If the Kayak site is wrong that is bad!!

You could organize flights/holidays and end up being barred entry!°!!

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If the Kayak site is wrong that is bad!!

You could organize flights/holidays and end up being barred entry!°!!

Like i said all is changing sometimes from hour to hour, and most sides never put date from last update .... that is a GENERAL  problem with internet sites ,all  should be forced to put last update date . Especcially official notices as this travel info.

The txt i copy pasted from our official Gov. website , and even those could be a day behind ....

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Like i said all is changing sometimes from hour to hour, and most sides never put date from last update .... that is a GENERAL  problem with internet sides , should be forced to put last update date .

The txt i copy pasted from our official Gov. website , and even those could be a day behind ....

....and could happen mid-flight!

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 11.03.33.jpg

From the U.K Gov Website for Brits wanting to go to Belgium, without even bringing Thailand into the equation 

The UK is currently classified as red zone (high risk) on the Belgian government’s travel colour code system. If you do not hold a Belgian, EU Digital COVID Certificate or a NHS COVID Pass with a QR code (England, Wales and Northern Ireland only), you are considered to be unvaccinated by the Belgian government and should follow entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers.

Travellers who are not fully vaccinated, or vaccinated with a vaccine or certificate not recognised by Belgium

If you fall under this category you will only be able to travel to Belgium for a very limited set of reasons, set out on the Belgian government’s website (under the Transport and International section).

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/belgium/entry-requirements

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Espanol said:

At the moment in Spain there are no problems when returning from Thailand and it is probably a better and cheaper place than Belgium to spend 10 days before continuing to travel to the UK.

Thats for an EU national, no? Or someone with a special reason to be there like a resident? My reading of the Spain one (its the first one I looked at) was no entry from Thailand for tourists from UK and Thailand (plus a load of others)

Would love to be told I am wrong on this though.

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

From the U.K Gov Website for Brits wanting to go to Belgium, without even bringing Thailand into the equation 

The UK is currently classified as red zone (high risk) on the Belgian government’s travel colour code system. If you do not hold a Belgian, EU Digital COVID Certificate or a NHS COVID Pass with a QR code (England, Wales and Northern Ireland only), you are considered to be unvaccinated by the Belgian government and should follow entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers.

Travellers who are not fully vaccinated, or vaccinated with a vaccine or certificate not recognised by Belgium

If you fall under this category you will only be able to travel to Belgium for a very limited set of reasons, set out on the Belgian government’s website (under the Transport and International section).

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/belgium/entry-requirements

More "fun" possible indeed  ????

4 hours ago, Whale said:

Unvaccinated visitors from Thailand will not be allowed to enter xxxx.

Fully vaccinated visitors from Thailand can enter xxxxxx without restrictions.

But they don't tell you Thai vaccines are not recognised so even if fully vaccinated here, they regards us as not vaccinated. 

The Dutch Embassy here in Bangkok says that the Siam Bioscience AZ vaccine is NOT recognized by the EMA and a Thai vaccine passport showing two AZ shots is not valid for travel to Holland. The only recognized AZ vaccines are those made in the EU, Australia, Japan and South Korea. However, EU countries can make their own rules so check carefully with your embassy. Without a valid vaccine passport (like the EU DCC) it can be difficult to travel between many EU countries and furthermore, some venues require it for admission.

• Like 1