Covid restrictions on travel abroad.

Will B Good

Came across this website, which maybe everyone knows about, but I didn't!

Or maybe there are better ones people are using?

https://www.kayak.co.uk/travel-restrictions

I am looking to get back to the UK and legally avoid the extortionate cost of UK quarantine when coming from a Red Listed country. 

My cunning plan is to fly to Belgium, stay 10 days (?), then travel to UK.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Whale said:

I found Austria and UAE (both amber) as well with minimal requirements from Thailand. Same idea. Pain in the ass going through finding the ones with minimal restrictions from the amber countries. Belgium is one I never considered! Good spot.

Biggets problem is for most European countries I have looked at they say ...

Unvaccinated visitors from Thailand will not be allowed to enter xxxx.
Fully vaccinated visitors from Thailand can enter xxxxxx without restrictions.

But they don't tell you Thai vaccines are not recognised so even if fully vaccinated here, they regards us as not vaccinated. 

I can still go to the Netherlands if not vaccinated I just have to be in quarantine. But they do accept Thai vaccines. Just not Shinovax and maybe Thai produced astra. But the Pfizer shot i got is acceptable so it depends a bit on what your vaccinated with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I can still go to the Netherlands if not vaccinated I just have to be in quarantine. But they do accept Thai vaccines. Just not Shinovax and maybe Thai produced astra. But the Pfizer shot i got is acceptable so it depends a bit on what your vaccinated with.

Just a heads up Netherland does accept Sinovac.

The Sinovac vaccine is recognised as valid proof of vaccination by these countries:
  • Austria.
  • Cyprus.
  • Finland.
  • Greece.
  • Iceland.
  • Netherlands.
  • Spain.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The Sinovac vaccine is recognised as valid proof of vaccination by these countries:
  • Austria.
  • Cyprus.
  • Finland.
  • Greece.
  • Iceland.
  • Netherlands.
  • Spain.

Had sinovac/AZ and would prefer AMS to Brussels.

Might write to the Dutch Foreign Ministry and see if I can get chapter and verse.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

• Austria.
  • Cyprus.
  • Finland.
  • Greece.
  • Iceland.
  • Netherlands.
  • Spain.

Your right thanks, i looked it up on the Dutch government site but seems Thai Astra is not on the list (Unless its the SK Bio

• Astra Zeneca EU (Vaxzevria) ;
  • Astra Zeneca - Japan (Vaxzevria);
  • Astra Zeneca - Australia (Vaxzevria);
  • Astra Zeneca-SK Bio (Vaxzevria);
  • Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - United States of America;
  • Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty);
  • Johnson & Johnson ((COVID-19 Vaccine) Janssen);
  • Moderna (Spikevax);
  • Serum Institute of India (Covishield);
  • Sinopharm BIBP;
  • Sinovac.
  • Thanks 1

They may accept vaccines but do they accept the Thai certification of being vaccinated? For example the UK only recognises your vaccination record if its from the EU and USA I believe. And many EU countries only accept the EU, UK and USA certifications.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I am looking to get back to the UK and legally avoid the extortionate cost of UK quarantine when coming from a Red Listed country. 

I am trying to the same thing, get back to the U.K , its an arduous task trying to find something . 

Albania also seems to be a possibility , although you will still have to spend ten days in UK self quarantine after spending ten days in Albania , 20 days in all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Had sinovac/AZ and would prefer AMS to Brussels.

Might write to the Dutch Foreign Ministry and see if I can get chapter and verse.

In same position myself, would appreciate any information discovered. Is it only the UK who refuse to recognise mixed vaccinations and any vaccines if administered elsewhere than UK, EU or USA? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am trying to the same thing, get back to the U.K , its an arduous task trying to find something . 

Albania also seems to be a possibility , although you will still have to spend ten days in UK self quarantine after spending ten days in Albania , 20 days in all

Yes...even looked at Albania...hahaha.

Not going for a while yet so hoping things will change in my favor.

I need Thailand to stay Red for the UK, then the wife can't come, but Nederland's to be green for Thailand so I can hop off there and have some fun.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Just for the record there is also quarantine requirements even if vaccinated. But for Dutch it can be home stay. But that would be troublesome if you have no home in the Netherlands.

So @Will B Good I doubt the Netherlands is a solution for your problem

Mmmmm.....was really looking forward to that.

Fly to Brussels....train the Amsterdam? Bit naughty?

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Mmmmm.....was really looking forward to that.

Fly to Brussels....train the Amsterdam? Bit naughty?

I doubt they will stop you as there are usually no border checks. But i don't know in covid times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Yes. I wondered about that.....a real pain in the derrière

Not true. Sinovac is recognised in these countries so you can consider these countries instead

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

• Austria
  • Cyprus
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Iceland
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • Sweden
Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes...even looked at Albania...hahaha.

Not going for a while yet so hoping things will change in my favor.

I need Thailand to stay Red for the UK, then the wife can't come, but Nederland's to be green for Thailand so I can hop off there and have some fun.

Just looking at Ireland .

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/3b8e1-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-your-questions-answered/#hotel-services-and-costs-of-quarantine

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Cheaper than (rip off) UK, but then you still have the cost of the onward journey.

Got my heart set on AMS.

Just now, Will B Good said:

Cheaper than (rip off) UK, but then you still have the cost of the onward journey.

Got my heart set on AMS.

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

Got my heart set on AMS.

Works out at just over 1000 GBP if two people are sharing and no need to a pre PCR test at 3000 Baht,  and you can cross to Northern Ireland and get a boat back to the U.K

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Works out at just over 1000 GBP if two people are sharing and no need to a pre PCR test at 3000 Baht,  and you can cross to Northern Ireland and get a boat back to the U.K

Oh! Now that is a lot cheaper than I thought at a glance....only fly in the ointment is.....it isn't Amsterdam....555

Edited by Will B Good

What is strange is that the EU does accept shinovax and shinopharm and many others but not the Thai Astra.

Probably because it has not been approved by the WHO, I guess they don't want them to inspect their factory or think its too much of a hassle.

However this means problems for everyone who has been vaccinated with a Thai Astra.. its also been exported to other countries.

Bit stupid IMHO to not let the WHO approve your vaccine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

What is strange is that the EU does accept shinovax and shinopharm and many others but not the Thai Astra.

Probably because it has not been approved by the WHO, I guess they don't want them to inspect their factory or think its too much of a hassle.

However this means problems for everyone who has been vaccinated with a Thai Astra.. its also been exported to other countries.

There's nothing strange about it. Vaccines have been politicized based on political views instead of scientific views so I tend not to look at published efficacy rates.

Edited by EricTh

Just now, EricTh said:

There's nothing strange about it. Vaccines have been politicized based on political views instead of scientific views.

Not so sure because if you read the WHO documents Thailand has not applied. So has nothing to with political views but with not doing their homework. Its all about paperwork and inspections. 

https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_19August2021.pdf

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

France and Germany have accepted the Thai Astra vaccine as proof of vaccination 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

France and Germany have accepted the Thai Astra vaccine as proof of vaccination 

The latest i have of germany NOT accepting is is 13 july. Do you have some link im curious

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/germany-permits-entry-for-travellers-jabbed-with-5-covid-19-vaccines-including-covishield/

I would have thought Europe would be more uniform in its rules but it does not look that way.