TM30 for 90 days reports?

Had to do in person as app shows me 77 days over stay, which I'm not. Giving over the 5 pp copies was a no go, they want a print out of my last TM30 report as well, which I have and only done once 2 years ago. This was not enough either as the officer seemed to be saying (English not great) that I did not have proof of address (been at present one 10 years) and that the TM 30 was not recent enough.

Are they expecting TM30's to be done every year? Looked like he was not going to do the report but then the Mrs intervened so he went over to the supervisor and it took some time to sort out. Eventually he came back with the TM30 print out stamped and signed and gave it back. Asked about doing it by post next time and he said they still want all the pp and TM30 prints.

At extension time they never mentioned TM30's and not of course when online is working, so why the sudden focus on it now? Is there some new rule wanting one to be done with a recent date on every time a 90 days report is done? Samut Prakan office.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

. Asked about doing it by post next time and he said they still want all the pp and TM30 prints.

Have no idea why they are asking for TM30. For your next report do it via mail and just include the required photocopies from PP and receipt of your current report. That's it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have no idea why they are asking for TM30. For your next report do it via mail and just include the required photocopies from PP and receipt of your current report. That's it.

Plus the TM30 of course! seems barmy but there you are. Same when I had to go in March when online was down, would not even give me a ticket without showing them the TM30 print out. They have it on their system anyway.

12 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Plus the TM30 of course! seems barmy but there you are. Same when I had to go in March when online was down, would not even give me a ticket without showing them the TM30 print out. They have it on their system anyway.

We are all aware that some immigration offices do there own little thing. Hard to know if it's power trip or ignorance. 

BTW 10years here on extensions and never done one tm30. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

TM 30 in CM only required with 24 hours once you return to thailand from out of the country - not from other provinces…

but must do each and every time you leave country…keep most recent form stapled in passport…last time I entered, immigration just added a stamp to the old form in passport to indicate that I reported most recent entry…

7 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

TM 30 in CM only required with 24 hours once you return to thailand from out of the country - not from other provinces…

but must do each and every time you leave country…keep most recent form stapled in passport…last time I entered, immigration just added a stamp to the old form in passport to indicate that I reported most recent entry…

Again another variation.

A TM30 is generally not required when returning to your usual address even after international travel.

• Like 2

It's like watching various football games with various umpires. 

All the game rules are clearly written down,  yet individual umpires will rule differently in numerous games, depending on how they "see"it or interpret the rules.

Teams can win or lose on one umpire's ruling.

No different with IO's here 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

It's like watching various football games with various umpires. 

All the game rules are clearly written down,  yet individual umpires will rule differently in numerous games, depending on how they "see"it or interpret the rules.

Teams can win or lose on one umpire's ruling.

No different with IO's here 

I once was told to copy every single page in the passport, even blank ones for an extension, Next year I went with them already done but a different IO said I was wasting his time and handed almost all of them back !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

I once was told to copy every single page in the passport, even blank ones for an extension, Next year I went with them already done but a different IO said I was wasting his time and handed almost all of them back !

Typical ! You never can tell.

i was once asked for my birth certificate !

Luckily I carried a copy in the huge satchel of Extension junk which I take along to every annual extension. 

The takeaway.....take everything you can think of, plus copies!!

On 9/6/2021 at 2:38 PM, Will B Good said:

Whoops...... sorry, no.......Chaiyaphum.

I did my 90 day in Chaiyaphum last week. I filled in a TM30before going and gave it to them but don't know if they used it or not. I must say, I love Chaiyaphum Immi. What a pleasant contrast to Jomtien it was

• Like 1