Vaccination status a factor for Volunteer visa?

My 1 year volunteer visa is ending in a couple months and I plan to get a new one here in pattaya. I was curious if Vaccination status is being considered on new visa applications or not. If it is, and is a big factor, I probably need to at least get the first vaccine as I don't have even the first shot yet.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

I should clarify that I'm not seeking an extension. Essentially the vol visa will be a new one that I apply for within the Kingdom.

Hopefully that doesn't change anything!

I interested as to the advice that hopefully will be given.

What is your agents advice. 

Not sure if you can obtain extension to current permission of stay based on volunteering. 

Edited by DrJack54

17 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I should clarify that I'm not seeking an extension. Essentially the vol visa will be a new one that I apply for within the Kingdom.

Are you sure you're not mixing up those terms? From your OP, you're currently on a 1 year "volunteer visa". No such thing exists, so you probably had a non-immigrant visa of some kind, plus an extension of stay based on volunteering. That being the case, you already have a non-immigrant visa and cannot apply for another one "within the kingdom".

I'd guess what you're actually after is another extension based on volunteering when your current one expires.

9 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Are you sure you're not mixing up those terms? From your OP, you're currently on a 1 year "volunteer visa". No such thing exists, so you probably had a non-immigrant visa of some kind, plus an extension of stay based on volunteering. That being the case, you already have a non-immigrant visa and cannot apply for another one "within the kingdom".

I'd guess what you're actually after is another extension based on volunteering when your current one expires.

Your correct.

He (agent) obtained no O (volunteering) and then 12 month extension.

My question in previous post is that I do not think he can obtain another extension. It's not same as example retirement.

My guess is he would need new non O and (as you point out) that cannot be done without leaving the country and return.

In any event this is question he needs to see his agent about. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I'd guess what you're actually after is another extension based on volunteering when your current one expires

I will be very interested to see if that's possible. There were lot of folk that took this path back amnesty days and now extension is ending.

I went to a school that now issues vol visas and they said it would be no trouble to issue another one.

I remember last year on this forum people were saying you couldn't get a vol visa without leaving the country, that info turned out to be out of date. So I think I'm okay this year too since the covid shot isn't mandatory.

58 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

I went to a school that now issues vol visas and they said it would be no trouble to issue another one.

How much baht.

BTW it won't be the school that issues an extension. 

Edited by DrJack54