Thirty immigration officers' voices checked after 1,000 baht "monthly payment" audio clip emerges

webfact

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

It's a well known "secrete" that those guys on on the take, i myself "showed my appreciation" repeatedly over the years to someone i know who works there to get a personal, quick attention as many others who uses agents and fixers to get their immigration business done, TIT, and as far as i concern, it's live and let live...

You should be ashamed of yourself. Giving bribes to police makes it worse for law abiding per ons. 

Nice to hear that a migrant worker has a backbone, unlike many Westerners I've known over the years, who are terrified of immigration police. I had one good friend who paid them 2000 baht ever 90 day reporting until I went with him. 

Is time corrupt police in immigration were found out and fired. 

I used to sometimes record conversations with them. 

Refuse their bribes and report them. Report the ones who use agents that bribe the officers, like the poor retirees who don't satisfy having the 800k in the bank. It's ridiculous how these illegal agents are allowed to operate, often openly on Facebook expat sites, and how newbie expats belive they are doing nothing wrong by paying $500 for their visa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Didn't "Big Joke" try that when he was in the job?

Look what happened to him.

No one knows for sure why Big Joke was sidelined. I read an article that claimed it was due to his racist clampdowns in Bangkok against Nigerians and other Afrians from the Cameroons region.

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how many will be soprano at the test.

The BIB can't decipher right from wrong....So I am a tad bemused on how they are going to weed out these voices,please forgive me...

????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

I am a tad bemused on how they are going to weed out these voices

Voices are like fingerprints.

Voice identification uses the innate biological characteristics of a person's voice to create a voiceprint that is unique to that person. Its biometric properties make voice identification difficult to spoof. It's also easier for users who no longer need to remember passwords or the answers to security questions

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

You should be ashamed of yourself. Giving bribes to police makes it worse for law abiding per ons. 

Nice to hear that a migrant worker has a backbone, unlike many Westerners I've known over the years, who are terrified of immigration police. I had one good friend who paid them 2000 baht ever 90 day reporting until I went with him. 

Is time corrupt police in immigration were found out and fired. 

I used to sometimes record conversations with them. 

Refuse their bribes and report them. Report the ones who use agents that bribe the officers, like the poor retirees who don't satisfy having the 800k in the bank. It's ridiculous how these illegal agents are allowed to operate, often openly on Facebook expat sites, and how newbie expats belive they are doing nothing wrong by paying $500 for their visa. 

Tell us, who did you pass those recordings to - what was the result of your reports?

Why not expand your crusade against those who for whatever reason choose to use agents? Report them, and the agents to their superiors...

Edited by herfiehandbag
Reaction to a bit of a whiff of bovine excretia in the air.

51 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Tell us, who did you pass those recordings to - what was the result of your reports?

Why not expand your crusade against those who for whatever reason choose to use agents? Report them, and the agents to their superiors...

I never got any recordings where they asked for a bribe, unfortunately. 

The result would have been as the migrant worker this thread is talking about. 

Some agents are legal, and just get all your papers in order, saving you time, others who charge $500+ are obviously protected by senior police but they should obviously be reported if they are getting foreigners visas by fraudulent means, for example providing false banking details, paying the immigration police directly, education visas when they are not learning, and volunteer visas when they are sitting in  a bar on Soi Bukhao all day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I never got any recordings where they asked for a bribe, unfortunately. 

The result would have been as the migrant worker this thread is talking about. 

Some agents are legal, and just get all your papers in order, saving you time, others who charge $500+ are obviously protected by senior police but they should obviously be reported if they are getting foreigners visas by fraudulent means, for example providing false banking details, paying the immigration police directly, education visas when they are not learning, and volunteer visas when they are sitting in  a bar on Soi Bukhao all day.

As I am sure you are aware, the key is that these agents and those officers they deal with are protected all the way up the chain of command.

Rather as with prize money in the navy in the C17 and C18, the cash pool provided by bungs, bribes and other "payments" pays out, depending on rank, all the way up. Unless they are publicly exposed, as in this case, reports and complaints go unreported and unrecorded. If public exposure demands their attention, the actual response is usually delayed, obscured and often ( almost invariably)  never carried through.

But then we all know that.

Edited by herfiehandbag