Where can you sell a junk automobile for scrap metal in Thailand

curtandkate

38 minutes ago, QballQ said:

I've always wanted to know where I can buy cars with blown engines here. 

I have always fancied a 1UZ transplanted into a pick up or Tuna.

They have breakers here. Where do you think garages get their reconditioned spare parts from?

21 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they just keep em running up in issan  ,never scrap em ,even when the floor is rotted out like fred flintstones car

Yes indeed, the same over in Lanna where I lived. My local car insurance agent had his office inside a large vehicle repair workshop where I could watch unbelievable reconstruction work being performed with pulleys, mallets and welders torches, for example, straightening a "U" shaped chassis!! I was advised at that time never to buy a second hand car in Thailand unless you knew its complete history. Rebuilt write-offs were quite common, including a few with engines from other manufacturers (Toyota in Nissan, Honda in Toyota etc.) 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, the same over in Lanna where I lived. My local car insurance agent had his office inside a large vehicle repair workshop where I could watch unbelievable reconstruction work being performed with pulleys, mallets and welders torches, for example, straightening a "U" shaped chassis!! I was advised at that time never to buy a second hand car in Thailand unless you knew its complete history. Rebuilt write-offs were quite common, including a few with engines from other manufacturers (Toyota in Nissan, Honda in Toyota etc.) 

Not unlike the cabs in New Orleans that Ive ridden in. Crabbing sideways, limping, and all manner of other un-roadworthy smash defects lol ???? Not an advertisement for 'the greatest nation on earth' that's for sure.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, QballQ said:

I've always wanted to know where I can buy cars with blown engines here. 

I have always fancied a 1UZ transplanted into a pick up or Tuna.

Even the wrecks just left for years on the road command a price  gone now, I don't know if it was sold or the local council took it away was sat there for years.

P_20170727_162809_SRES.thumb.jpg.47cd0ff6daf35c396d4fdc46b571e200.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2021 at 6:23 AM, misterphil said:

I might buy it.

1. Where is it?

2. Make

3. Model

4. Year

5. How much? 

Hello.  It is in Surat Thani. I purchased it from a Thai woman. As you can see I have Blue Book and some other papers but not in my name. I have left it with my Thai Friend and he has posted all docs and so forth. He has posted it on facebook for 28,000 baht.

IMG_20210822_122905_236.jpg

IMG_20210822_130539_623.jpg

IMG_20210822_122947_146.jpg

IMG_20210822_123003_662.jpg

• Haha 1