Renew Driving License Bangkok

leytonorient

Hi, 

Before the latest restrictions I had a booking to renew my license on August 6th at the license center at Sikhumvit Soi 62. Just before my appointment the restrictions came, I still went there on the 6th but the place had been turned into a vaccination center.

Does anyone know if it is open again or must I go to the big place at Chatuchak?

Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

As I understand, there is a general allowance for driver licenses to expire until the Covid is over or at least eased.

Are the Insurance Companies in agreement with this ?

Doesn't affect me but both of our car policies state that the driver must hold a current and valid licence.

11 hours ago, donmuang37 said:

I renewed mine on 2 Sep at the main DMV near Mo Chit.  Very quick and easy. Everyone was pleasant and helpful.

Was the color blindness test an Ishihara test (circular image containing many dots of various colors, brightness and sizes) or just standard signal lights?

Thanks.

22 hours ago, donmuang37 said:

I renewed mine on 2 Sep at the main DMV near Mo Chit.  Very quick and easy. Everyone was pleasant and helpful.  ????????????

Did you watch the video online beforehand, or watch it at the DMV?

On 9/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, leytonorient said:

Hi, 

Before the latest restrictions I had a booking to renew my license on August 6th at the license center at Sikhumvit Soi 62. Just before my appointment the restrictions came, I still went there on the 6th but the place had been turned into a vaccination center.

Does anyone know if it is open again or must I go to the big place at Chatuchak?

Thank you in advance.

It is open, I was there Friday. As a foreigner you have to sign up for a queue number for a date in the future for the physical portion of the renewal tests, and watch a video online ahead of time.

I went to the DLT mentioned above at Sukhumvit 62 near Bangchak BTS station yesterday and it was opened. However, there is a queue list for foreigners wishing to do renewals. The next available date which I signed up for was 5 Nov 2021.

If u are lucky enough to find another DLT that could process renewals for foreigners on the spot without the need for registering on queue list, pls share the info. I live at Pathumthani and the DLT there which I renewed before 5 years ago told me yesterday they are not opened for renewing foreigners’ driving license yet which led me no choice but to go to the one at Bangchak which can do renewals albeit with the need to register on the queue list

Edited by Jon M
  • Like 2