Pattaya businesses hope to see foreign tourists

snoop1130

b0811d41068c58ea4d6ce9b6bf2240fc_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Although the government has already eased lockdown measures, most visitors to Pattaya are still Thais who arrive on the weekends. Pattaya business owners say they hope the government will soon reopen the whole country as income from Thai tourists alone is not enough to run their businesses.

Some hotel owners in Pattaya, have claimed that room reservations are still relatively low due to the lockdown policy that was recently changed without prior warning. This has made business operators uncertain if they should reopen their businesses, as people are still worried about the pandemic. However, business owners hope that the coming three day break - September 24 - 26, brings more tourists to Pattaya.

They added that almost every attraction has special promotions on offer to tourists.

Business operators have suggested that the best way to revive Thai businesses is to reopen the country and welcome foreign tourists, as Thai tourists alone can’t support their employees and other operational expenses.

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

They added that almost every attraction has special promotions on offer to tourists.

Every attraction that has not completely given up and thrown in the towel after more than a year of dismal to zero customers !!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Business operators have suggested that the best way to revive Thai businesses is to reopen the country and welcome foreign tourists, as Thai tourists alone can’t support their employees and other operational expenses.

Push the government to vaccinate the entire Thai population [twice] and the country could open without ridiculous restrictions.

Opening it up before that and you'll get what's happening down south.

• Like 1

'They added that almost every attraction has promotions.' Do people really visit here to go to some chump change theme park ??. A seaside warm weather resort should have a decent waterfront commercial waterfront. What is there to do in the 0P photo ? And sure from the 20th floor at night it's the Monte Carlo long view. Fine , but down on the street the endless bs to put up with. I would be surprised of any tourists numbers here ever again besides the oblivious chinese and commercial related Indians. Mazatlan water front:

Screenshot_2021-09-10-08-04-33-08.jpg

Another police crackdown yesterday ,to clean the city .Ostheopathic center in boss village was busted by Nongprue police station.

Philippe Vos ,the ostheopath and his girlfriend ,are in jail!

it was another dreamer ,this guy was working without work permit since years ,no company ,no legal existence .

C6501DEF-A996-483B-B2D7-31CBBE4A2AB2.jpeg

A149FEBF-9EF5-423C-A26C-180BF5026EC7.jpeg

• Thanks 1

in my 12 yrs staying in LOS I decided to go see patts for myself one night, left the next day....yuk...

Not my scene--seedy AF...(gentle reminder gents, is my opinion, before u get all wound up)

Been all over LOS, prefer up north--khon kaen and nong khai some favs....peaceful and local vibe

2 minutes ago, Scifo said:

Another police crackdown yesterday ,to clean the city .Ostheopathic center in boss village was busted by Nongprue police station.

it was another dreamer ,this guy was working without work permit since years ,no company ,no legal existence .

here comes the chair!! let the pointing begin!!!!

17 minutes ago, Scifo said:

I'll sure miss getting my medical treatments in the middle of someone's living room

2 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Congratulations to the 12-year old that wrote this article for the school newspaper - I found it extremely insightful.

I especially liked the bit about the hotel owners 'claiming' their reservations are low.  Hard-hitting stuff here, no doubt about it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Open Pattaya tomorrow and it'll still take weeks for a falang to get there from most places in  the world. Not all that many foreigner in Thailand currently are going to rush to visit Pattaya, is my opinion.

It will take 8 hours for myself and my other expat friends to drive to Pattaya, which we will as soon as the bars open.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

in my 12 yrs staying in LOS I decided to go see patts for myself one night, left the next day....yuk...

Not my scene--seedy AF...(gentle reminder gents, is my opinion, before u get all wound up)

Been all over LOS, prefer up north--khon kaen and nong khai some favs....peaceful and local vibe

LOL. Did any westerner visit Pattaya for the peaceful and local vibe?

That's the good thing about Thailand- something for most tastes.

I, and many, liked the seediness- kept the families and bagpackers away.

4 hours ago, Scifo said:

Pity the plod were not as enthusiastic when it came to the jet ski scammers prior to corona.

If that's the priority, I can only hope that they all go broke for lack of opportunities to pocket the brown envelopes.

Ya notice all these "We HOPE something's gonna happen" articles? It's like they've closed their eyes, thrown the dice, and HOPE something good will happen. How about doing the simplest, most obvious thing and PLAN! Vaccinate using the stuff accepted around the world THEN reopen.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

Business operators have suggested that the best way to revive Thai businesses is to reopen the country and welcome foreign tourists,

Surely not. The best way is to buy an Amulet or 3 and let magic happen.

Theres a lot of competition to get those tourists.

I can't see many struggling family owned hotels able to compete with the more refined tesorts when there now so cheap.

Only the fittest and finest will get through this.

Pattaya businesses hope to see foreign tourists!

There was a day when i want to see Jesse and Santa but then i understand its not possible so i give up hope! Business in Pattaya should know what needed to do that they get any tourist in! Yeah poontang sell much if some can come to buy!

On 9/9/2021 at 4:38 PM, snoop1130 said:

Business operators have suggested that the best way to revive Thai businesses is to reopen the country and welcome foreign tourists,

I wonder what Pattaya business operators deem to be an acceptable death rate from reopening the country too soon.