Expatvac Pfizer Over 50 Promenada Mon, Sep 13, 2021 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Thailand

I went yesterday (9th).

Lots of people there, but an efficient service.

For me, the whole process took about 2 hours including the 30 minutes you have to sit and wait after you've had your jab to see if you develop any immediate side effects.

There were a few volunteers on hand to explain the process in English, including a guy explaining everything through a microphone.

Oh and don't forget to take a pen, there is a consent form to fill in and sign.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Weird, they are calling it Eventbrite and run by a company based in San Francisco? And associated with Expatvac it appears as they are sending out emails.

Glad I went to an earlier one for the over 70's. 

Eventbrite is an American event management and ticketing website. The service allows users to browse, create, and promote local events. The service charges a fee to event organizers in exchange for online ticketing services, unless the event is free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eventbrite

22 hours ago, Thailand said:

Monday 13th September

Vaccination Centre Promenada Mall

09:00-10:00 - Over 50 yrs age Tickets Only (YOB 1971 or earlier)

10:00-11:00 - Over 50 yrs age Tickets Only (YOB 1971 or earlier)

Only one ticket is allowed per person

This vaccination is for expat foreign residents NOT migrant workers from Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos. Migrant workers will be vaccinated under a separate program.

In order to reduce waiting times for yourself and others, please could you:

1) Pre-register with Wall of Chiang Mai, if you have not already done so at: https://reboot.chiangmaihealth.go.th/CMCVR/ and note your 13 digit ID number.

2) Print out your Wall of Chiang Mai registration details and bring this document with you.

If you have already registered and need to print the document or check your 13 digit ID number, please go to: https://reboot.chiangmaihealth.go.th/CMCVR/p_check.php and enter your Passport Number after which your ID number will appear and an option to print the document can be found at “Your COVID-19 vaccination form”.

3) Do not forget to bring to the vaccination your:

- Passport

- Eventbrite E-ticket to the vaccination

- 13 digit ID number and printed copy of your Wall of Chiang Mai registration form

- Expatvac registration response.

Chiang Mai Provincial Public Health Office would like to emphasize that this vaccination is only for individuals who have not previously been vaccinated. Registrations will be checked and fraud will lead to ineligibility for all future vaccinations from the Royal Thai Government.

All guidelines at the vaccinations will be strictly enforced, and customers eligible for vaccination must comply with the above criteria. Individuals who do not comply will be turned away and asked to wait for a later date.

Date and time

Mon, September 13, 2021

9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Indochina Time Thailand Time

Add to calendar

Select a different time

Select a different time            Mon, Sep 13 (9:00 AM)             Mon, Sep 13 (10:00 AM)    

Promenada Chiang Mai

Somphot Chiang Mai 700 Pi Road

Tambon Tha Sala, จ.เชียงใหม่ 50000

View Map

Assuming this is from CMPHO and this is an official statement,  it does appear to be generated from a USA site that is not aware of limitations here in CM to comply- specifically in several places it says to print  out one's information, but in CM this is at best an inconvenience.  Most people do not own a printer, and many print shops are closed-  Buddy's Internet Shop is open across the street from Kad Suen Kaew mall. I have worked with CMPHO at many vax sites at McCormick  Hospital and it was never required anyone printout their info.  So, if it was me I would disregard this part.   

20 minutes ago, edwarda909 said:

Assuming this is from CMPHO and this is an official statement,  it does appear to be generated from a USA site that is not aware of limitations here in CM to comply- specifically in several places it says to print  out one's information, but in CM this is at best an inconvenience.  Most people do not own a printer, and many print shops are closed-  Buddy's Internet Shop is open across the street from Kad Suen Kaew mall. I have worked with CMPHO at many vax sites at McCormick  Hospital and it was never required anyone printout their info.  So, if it was me I would disregard this part.   

Passport & wall of Chiangmai 13 digit number will probably be enough.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, Dmaxdan said:

I went yesterday (9th).

For me, the whole process took about 2 hours including the 30 minutes you have to sit and wait after you've had your jab to see if you develop any immediate side effects.

There were a few volunteers on hand to explain the process in English, including a guy explaining everything through a microphone.

The guy with the microphone reminded me of a butler. When I approached him he replied even before I asked my question that he was not qualified to answer any medical questions and he turned his back. I almost lost my 30 min q because of that. So please, get you pre registered form with code, print it out but when there you need to fill in another form at a desk with Thai staff, after that they check your blood pressure and you can proceed to the next q. So don't stand in the wrong Q. That first q is not easy to see, it is in the back. For the Germans please mention that you are German,  Deutsch and Dutch are similar and can be confusing for the staff. It is indeed well organized apart from the "butler" incident so I asked other people in the q ???? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, edwarda909 said:

Can be but it will not hurt so mention or write down your 13 digit code and they find your registration on their PC.

32 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Not so.  You also need the email notification of the confirmation date and time

I went without that as I did not have an appointment, it was walk inn on Thursday 09. The team that developed that online form are way below average.

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 2:50 PM, Dmaxdan said:

I went yesterday (9th).

Who were these volunteers? 

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, lordblackader said:

Where did you get 50 and up from? that was last week.

The shots on Monday are 45 and up. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/posts/894178364571846/

Its over 40's now for Monday 13th. It started off as over 50's. You have seen it changed to over 45's and i just clicked on the ticketing link and its now at over 40's.  There must be plenty of vaccines available and the age cutoff is being lowered and lowered. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.17.36.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Where did you get 50 and up from? that was last week.

The shots on Monday are 45 and up. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChiangMaiNewsinEnglish/posts/894178364571846/

So it looks like you have to live in or near a big city to get Pfizer. I signed up on the expat webpage August 1. Got confirmation email but no word since. I am 64 and live in the Loei Province. Flying to USA for holidays next month. Will get both jabs of Moderna while I am there. I would have preferred to get vaccinated with Pfizer before I leave. 

It is all very well organised with helpers ensuring that people understood the process. Take a pen to fill in the inevitable form, and know your birth year as per the Buddhist calendar. Queues were orderly and moved quickly and each of the 8 steps took very little time. In total it took one hour including the 30 minute rest period and I was given a take away document that quoted the lot & batch numbers of the Pfizer vaccine used as well as stating the date for the second dose. I am no fan of the government but the health authorities did a very good job. Using the proven Eventbrite booking system rather than some half baked local one was a good decision.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Is the 2nd dose of Pfizer guaranteed? 

Are people already getting their 2nd dose after 3-4 weeks?

Second shot of Pfizer both wife and I due Thursday 30 October..same time and place... Promenada....then head off down to Central Plaza.....need a new 5g phone..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rinrada said:

Second shot of Pfizer both wife and I due Thursday 30 October..same time and place... Promenada....then head off down to Central Plaza.....need a new 5g phone..

Thanks! I received a 2nd Pfizer appointment as well next month. This is very well organized. Pleasantly surprised. Now, I only wish I could help my Thai wife get Pfizer. Her prepaid Moderna booking has been pushed by the hospital for early next year. 

5 hours ago, creative1000 said:

Thanks! I received a 2nd Pfizer appointment as well next month. This is very well organized. Pleasantly surprised. Now, I only wish I could help my Thai wife get Pfizer. Her prepaid Moderna booking has been pushed by the hospital for early next year. 

About Moderna, I backed out of pre paying for Moderna when I asked the head nurse if it was really going to show up in October. She told me look for it from Jan 2022 to March 2022. I told her I could not wait that long and I was flying to USA anyway for Holidays next month and I would get vaccinated there. 

• Like 2

Last week I registered on Wall of CM and got my 13 digit code, then went onto the Eventbrite site to pick a time slot, chose 1pm-2pm.

Went down to Promenada yesterday at 1.30pm, with passport, Wall of CM printout and Eventbrite time printout. Filled out a consent form. Blood pressure taken. Documents checked. Pfizer vaccination, followed by 30 mins sitting there in case any adverse reactions.

Walked out at 2.21pm, told to come back 4th Oct in the morning for 2nd shot. Piece of paper also states what vaccine given and from what batch.

In and out in 1 hr, including the 30 mins!

Worked like clockwork and very well organised. Thai's doing the paperwork/vaccinations and volunteer Westerner's helping out! Appreciated USA and Thailand! A Brit 53 yr old.

Edited by falang1969
  • Like 2

I also got my first vaccine yesterday morning at Promonada. On arrival it looked busy with queues but everything moved quickly and efficiently. Thank you to the USA for providing the vaccines free of charge even to none USA citizens like me. Good work by the USA volunteers, nurses and medical people. I am unsure of the actual organisations involved but am very thankful for your efforts and the immunisation.

• Like 2