Life in Thailand possible without the Vaccine?

AmericanMusashi

On 9/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Avoiding the obvious ‘anti-vaxx’ discussion... 

Thailand will make a lot of announcements that vaccines are require to go to the shops, restaurant, domestic travel.. but really, its just too hard to keep on top of for a nation while has such apathy towards an form of controls - As with nearly all announcements, they will be made, then forgotten about a few weeks later. 

The only issue could be ‘International entry’ - it may that a vaccination is required to enter Thailand for the forceable future. 

Thank you for keeping your comments respectful and confined to the question at hand.  A further question, is a vaccination now required to enter Thailand? I had not heard that it was.

6 minutes ago, Pushbiker said:

Got my 1st Pfizer jab yesterday 2pm. Collapsed at 11pm with cerebral cramps + vomiting -> emergency room. Age 37 height 185 weight 75 sportsman.

Got my first Pfizer last week. 65, 171cm, 97kg. No issues.

Obviously a lot depends on individuals. I love peanuts but some people die with a hint of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Not that I recall.

Polio was not a jab.

You probably did, and initially there was a polio jab cos I had one. The oral route did not come out until the early 60s.

Most kids I know had this: In the early 1950s, four vaccines were available: diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and smallpox. Because three of these vaccines were combined into a single shot (DTP), children received five shots by the time they were 2 years old and not more than one shot at a single visit.

This was in the UK, but quite probably different in other countries, and what the anti-vaxxers don't seem to realise is that vaccinations have been around for over a century so all of this scaremongering is just a nonsense...........

Edward Jenner is considered the founder of vaccinology in the West in 1796, after he inoculated a 13 year-old-boy with vaccinia virus (cowpox), and demonstrated immunity to smallpox. In 1798, the first smallpox vaccine was developed. Over the 18th and 19th centuries, systematic implementation of mass smallpox immunisation culminated in its global eradication in 1979.

Louis Pasteur’s experiments spearheaded the development of live attenuated cholera vaccine and inactivated anthrax vaccine in humans (1897 and 1904, respectively). Plague vaccine was also invented in the late 19th Century. Between 1890 and 1950, bacterial vaccine development proliferated, including the Bacillis-Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccination, which is still in use today. 

In 1923, Alexander Glenny perfected a method to inactivate tetanus toxin with formaldehyde. The same method was used to develop a vaccine against diphtheria in 1926. Pertussis vaccine development took considerably longer, with a whole cell vaccine first licensed for use in the US in 1948.

• Like 1

If someone gets covid and recovers,

and an anti-body test shows  > 3000,

wouldn't that be way better than a  'vaccine.'?

14 hours ago, BangkokBaksida said:

...to repeat my question:  Is it still possible to enter Thailand now without being vaccinated?

Highly unlikely you could even get on the plane.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dsj said:

It might be possible, but tell me where you are going to live, and I will avoid you like the plaque, also pretty soon if you don't get vaxed your travel options will be several curtailed, as most western countries will require full vaccination before entry, like Canada which only allows fully vaccinated people, as probably near all the airlines will require everyone to be fully vaccinated before they can board.

Remember that being vaccinated doesn't mean you can spread the virus. Amen.

1 hour ago, Pushbiker said:

Got my 1st Pfizer jab yesterday 2pm. Collapsed at 11pm with cerebral cramps + vomiting -> emergency room. Age 37 height 185 weight 75 sportsman.

Not good. Hope you are OK. A family friend who has some health issues had an issue too and stayed in hospital for a night.

I had my first Pfizer on Friday and it was fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

People who say they are going to avoid the unvaxxed like the plague are effectively saying that they do not trust the vaccine, yet are demanding others to take something they clearly do not trust themselves.  

Totally wrong. Those of us who choose to vaccinate understand that we can still get Covid. Those antivaxxers generally are very vocal about it and easily avoidable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PaoloR said:

Explain why all over the Southern USA the numbers clearly show that over 95% of those catching this disease are unvaccinated.

If you wish to die of this disease and are so misled that you call this life-saving vaccine a poison - please do us all a favour and stay away

There’s barely a week goes by that we don’t hear about another anti vax talk show host dying of Covid so before too long they’ll all be gone. Can’t be a bad thing.

• Haha 1