Life in Thailand possible without the Vaccine?

AmericanMusashi

Just now, James105 said:

I'm curious, did you post this to encourage or discourage someone from getting the vaccine?   If your goal is to encourage then I would suggest a different approach as sanctimoniousness only further entrenches peoples views.   

Another little gem to copy and keep close to my heart.

Thank you so much for your kind wisdom.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

It all depends on where you want to live. If you choose the densely populated (and popular) regions then there is clearly a risk albeit a small one of catching Covid. If you choose to live rurally, as I do, the risk is very small indeed.

So far, according to official figures, less than 2% of the population have contracted Covid. Of course it's quite likely that there have been many cases that have gone undetected, but even so, the infection rate is pretty low. And it has, so far failed to get a strong toehold in the rural areas. In fact, in the north east region (Issan) it is declining.

Also I note that you're under 50 and (I presume) in good health, so what's your worry anyway?

And on that final note, you're under 50 and you want to retire here. You are aware, I trust, that you cannot obtain a retirement extension here if you're under 50.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I believe there is a strong possibility that proof of a Covid vaccination will, at some point in the future become mandatory for Thailand all visas and extensions.

This is of course just supposition...

They're surely not going to let any unvaccinated people in without at least a two week quarantine any time soon.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

What the hell...get yourself over here and keep us posted from your hospital bed.

On second thoughts...American?.....no. Stay where you are.

This yank has been planning his escape from the covidiots for months...may finally see my escape window...

• Haha 1