Life in Thailand possible without the Vaccine?

AmericanMusashi

12 minutes ago, papa al said:

Exactly wrong.

Vaccinated can spread it.

You are right. I should have put the sentence in an other way like

Being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't spread the virus.

Hope this is better.

Thanks for correcting me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BangkokBaksida said:

So you judge videos by the platform they are on rather than their actual content?  Does that seem reasonable to you?

Platform/publisher/uploader can be a very effective initial filter.

Certainly for covid info I am going read/watch something from CDC.com before I open something from randomwebsite.com as an example...

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BangkokBaksida said:

So you judge videos by the platform they are on rather than their actual content?  Does that seem reasonable to you?

Absolutely. Why would I waste time on sites that spread lies and misinformation. But if you want to, that’s fine. I can’t envisage a world where YOU will believe what’s in plain sight.

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What amazes and amuses me most is that given the average age, weight and health of forum members, they are the people who have the most to lose from being vaccinated. Having said that, one person refusing a vaccine is one more available for someone with the sense to take it. No sympathy whatsoever for deniers.

And with that.... I’m done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Platform/publisher/uploader can be a very effective initial filter.

Certainly for covid info I am going read/watch something from CDC.com before I open something from randomwebsite.com as an example...

Would that mean that CDC info is credible to you?

the visa problem you were referring to will be back to normal in maybe 2 years im guessing, if you're still alive by then that's great, if not you don't have to worry about the visa anymore, on other note vaccine is not a cure and yes you can still catch covid but i won't be on an ventilator but i can definitely give it to you.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 3:53 AM, AmericanMusashi said:

I'm a retired American under the age of 50 and wondering if it would be possible to live long term in Thailand without the vaccine?

Under 50 years of age you should be more concerned about visa, but an Elite Card might solve that. So far there is no mandatory vaccination demand, if you stay away from places where it's asked for, but sometimes, if not often, a negative Covid-test can work as well as documentation for vaccination. However, nobody know what the future might bring.

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

But if you only read what suits your own agenda then there are thousands of links that will tell you it’ll make you radioactive or blue tooth enabled.

Reading your posts brings one thing to mind:

Dunning Kruger

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

The situation is more than ridiculous. The vaccinated people think they are invulnerable to Covid and not least so do think the governments and e.g. the air travel co's. Being not vaccinated is not a threat to others, but the sheeple and lemmings are made to believe that that is true. 

Biden wants to make vaccination mandatory for all federal staff and guess what, congress members and their staff are excluded. 

Can't people see what's going on here and what is the 'plan'?

Nor do they wear masks while they hold large events.  Weird

3B9BBC43-9B63-444B-B085-C8B6878C49CA.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Stupid posters have the ID 10 T virus.

///////

No vaccine, no cure, no hope.

Ad hominum.

Well played.

/////////

You seem to be suggesting that having excellent meds to prevent and treat covid

would leave one uncured and hopeless?

Not buying that.

3 minutes ago, papa al said:

Ad hominum.

Well played.

/////////

You seem to be suggesting that having excellent meds to prevent and treat covid

would leave one uncured and hopeless?

Not buying that.

Where did i say or suggest that? Only in your brain that happened.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, vinci said:

the visa problem you were referring to will be back to normal in maybe 2 years im guessing, if you're still alive by then that's great, if not you don't have to worry about the visa anymore, on other note vaccine is not a cure and yes you can still catch covid but i won't be on an ventilator but i can definitely give it to you.

Yep - the odds are way against recovery at that stage.....

On 9/11/2021 at 8:59 AM, ezzra said:

To put it bluntly so you can understand, If you have death wish, come to Thailand and don't get vaccinated, your wish will likely to come true sooner than you think, to put it bluntly...

I hear lead taste good. the way they are adding it on as a must little by little each day your better off getting a vaccine. So make it a good western one and don't mix it. 

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Not that I recall.

Polio was not a jab.

Surely you had your shots before you entered Thailand…you know..yellow fever, malaria, Hep A and B, Japanese Encephalitis, typhoid, cholera…etc. and the booster shots necessary to keep them up to date!

Be crazy not to have those…wouldn’t you??!