What do you do to pass the time during covid?

DBath

40 minutes ago, thailandbeachisland said:

walk and exercise on the beach all day !

what ? some people are living far from any beach ? poor you ! you seem good at choosing a place to live ! ????

That's okay I guess, if you like the beach... it used to be the "end-all, be-all" for me as well, I think I just got board with it over the years. When I was younger, I could have never imagined myself saying that.

I've been fortunate enough to have stayed at a lot of nice hotels in different parts of the world and many of them had oceanfront rooms. While living in Thailand I preferred the seclusion of a nice pool villa - especially with covid about - it suited my needs perfectly; I have no complaints whatsoever.

I love it here in Spain, so far it's been way better than I could have ever hoped for - for my wife and me it's perfect. And if I do by some chance ever get the desire to go near the beach again, it's only a 3 hour drive in either direction.

To each his own, I guess....

Edited by DBath

46 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I've got a 7 year old daughter and 2 year old son.

I also have white hair now.

Thankfully its not gone yet.

They are so funny.  The thing kids say at this age are priceless.

Enjoy your weekend.

You are blessed to have that 'boy-girl balance' in your family, IMO. We tried for a girl, but after three boys it was time to get 'snipped'.

I've always heard that girls are closer with there fathers and boys with their mothers and I believe it's true, even though I never got to have the experience firsthand.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this is that people always complained about having 'no time' before the pandemic, and in the pandemic where time has become as sand on the beach, the complaints are about boredom and 'too much time'.

Even allowing for the obvious downsides like distancing and household separations, I have been dismayed at how fast people want to return to the same old same old.

I had naively hoped that people might enjoy the slower pace, and the quiet, and the fresh air in the city etc. and try and maintain at least some of it as lockdowns were eased, but no such luck.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BusyB said:

The funniest thing about this is that people always complained about having 'no time' before the pandemic, and in the pandemic where time has become as sand on the beach, the complaints are about boredom and 'too much time'.

Even allowing for the obvious downsides like distancing and household separations, I have been dismayed at how fast people want to return to the same old same old.

I had naively hoped that people might enjoy the slower pace, and the quiet, and the fresh air in the city etc. and try and maintain at least some of it as lockdowns were eased, but no such luck.

having no time (stress, anxiety) and having too much time (boredom) are as bad as each other

Slide4.png&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tonray said:

Stop the presses ! Breaking news ! An old fat guy in Thailand has definitive proof that he has the cure for Covid.

Wasn’t there an old fat guy in the US who used have a reality TV show who said he had it and was hospitalized for at least an hour. He too was miraculously cured.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vinci said:

shopee

Is shopee better than Lazada? We bought tons of stuff on Lazada when I was there.

One thing nice about Spain is they have their own 'version' of Amazon, it's much more familiar to me.

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Life is hugely different. Pre Covid we’d travel out of Thailand on average every 6 weeks or so with 2-3 trips back home. Now I haven’t left for over a year and a half.

On the positive side I’ve had a great exercise regime without going near a proper gym. Even our condo gym has been mostly closed. I now never need to buy bread again, I can bake cakes too. Buying yoghurt is a thing of the past, as is mayo and pickles. I used to bring jam back with every trip home, I was shocked at how easy it is to make. I used to bring about 10kg of muesli too... now I make my own. Who knew I could do all these things.

I’ve watched more TV in the last year and a half than the previous 5. Filling time has proven to be much easier than I’d have expected.

But I need to see family back home and for that I’m desperate to leave and it might just happen next month.

Theres an answer of the many types of people that live here, you are an example of many falangies here that live their life here the way you do that covid has affected as for me you and me are totally different. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Theres an answer of the many types of people that live here, you are an example of many falangies here that live their life here the way you do that covid has affected as for me you and me are totally different. 

The smaller the place you live the easier Covid is to avoid. I’m a city boy and much as I love escaping the city I need to get back. I’m lucky in that I can escape to mountains or beaches with ease.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DBath said:

These are no doubt very, very difficult times for all of us. What do you do to take your mind off all the chaos and escape the whole topic of covid?

Stop reading news articles about it, and stop following Covid-postings on Facebook and in ASEAN NOW...:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, vinci said:

shopee are mostly thai base meaning product are already in thailand, shipping to you are quite fast 2-3 days max, most item on lazada are from other country mostly china i guess, shipping will take weeks. 

I see, yes as I recall there were more than a few times we had to wait for things to be sent from China with Lazada. You can often find items that are sourced from within Thailand and choose those. Once we got the hang of it, I'd say Chinese sourced items represented maybe 10%, which is better than what it was in the beginning.

2 hours ago, BusyB said:

I wouldn't mind some of the same old, same old.

Actually, on reflection, I wouldn't mind loads of the same old, same old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

There’s something quite addictive about breadmaking, I often bake twice a day. Possibilities are endless with sweet and savory recipes.

And that smell....IS HEAVENLY!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The smaller the place you live the easier Covid is to avoid. I’m a city boy and much as I love escaping the city I need to get back. I’m lucky in that I can escape to mountains or beaches with ease.

As I said so many people different in the way they enjoy and live in Thailand, so fair call to you. 

I'm a farm boy. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

no, anyone who doesn't know popcat is wasting their life..

Okay....so are you going to tell me what it is??? Never mind, Google just did...

I've never been much of a 'gamer'...I developed a complex over the years, thanks to my three sons who routinely relished kicking my ass at all things video games - mercilessly, I might add.