Thailand to get 71m more COVID-19 vaccine doses this year; Pfizer for teens

Jonathan Fairfield

19 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Excellent news I agree, sounds like they're finally getting their collective acts together.

With a real PM in place it could have happened a year ago and all the grief of this year might not have happened.

Yeah the UK had a similar issue re PM so it’s not exclusive to Thailand. 

1 hour ago, NE1 said:

Somebody posted a chart on here a few days ago , it was the effectiveness of the vaccines used by percent.

I cannot find it , does anybody know the whereabouts of it ?

BKK Brian posted an interesting one from Malaysia on yesterdays thread.

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah the UK had a similar issue re PM so it’s not exclusive to Thailand. 

I was in the UK when they were the first country in the world to administer a Pfizer to an elderly woman in early December, the following week both my grandparents has their first shots. The UK was one of the best performing countries for investment and vaccine procurement, this is a thread about vaccines so the UK PM and his performance on the that is a million miles away from the missteps  here through lack of planning.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's somewhere in the invoice list for the 71 million.

Apparently Bumrungrad has a registration for Moderna available so there must be supplies coming

or maybe was replaced with new delivery of "and 6 million doses from Sinovac."   555

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cclub75 said:

And once we reach "70 %".... what do you think will happen ? What will Thailand do ?

same as they did with the Phuket sandbox... keep lying, when they started the sanbox BS there they also stated they had reached 85%.... and yet infections/deaths keep increasing, it's all relative to whom makes the anouncements 555

15 minutes ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

It's so easy to get a vaccine now, only the anti-vax brigade are seemingly on zero doses. 

Utter rubbish

When you can walk into a pharmacy shopping centre  or hospital and get a vaccine of choice....its easy

Until then in Thailand its not !

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tingtong said:

Now with about 100 days left this year, just need to find a way for an even 700k a day jabs, so all 71 million vaccines get a good use.

But they are not vaccinating on weekends or public holidays right? I have heard that a few times, maybe it varies by area but its madness if it's true

53 minutes ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

The negativity in these forums makes me sick to my stomach. I really don't know why most of the members with 10,000+ negative posts don't just go home. 

You can actually post positive things.

It's so easy to get a vaccine now, only the anti-vax brigade are seemingly on zero doses. 

Late work but great work at the moment. 

Thank you! One of the reasons I don't spend much time here is the negativity.

The vaccines are still not that easy in the country but if people call their local hospital they can find out the schedule. I was at mine for a checkup and they asked me if I wanted it that day.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

will - shall- intend- target- believe- plan, etc

care only about actual completed vax statistics……

100 % correct - only the numbers of jabs in people matter - so far only some 12 % fully vaccinated - Everything just more wordy words bla bla bla

I HOPE SO!!! But how many similar headlines have promised x amount of vaccines will be put in arms "next month"?????? 

The best was PM saying one (1) MILLION vaccines per day, was that back in July or August? I saw 980 odd thousand in one day, but that was one day.

Again to the Imperial Gods of the Government, OPEN THE GYMS!!!!! People need to be HEALTHY. As fit people, those that EXERCISE, work out, do more than eat Pad Thai all day long, live longer and are more likely to survive COVID. Get a head massage to warm up your teensy weeny brains and OPEN THE BLOODY GYMS!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Thank you! One of the reasons I don't spend much time here is the negativity.

The vaccines are still not that easy in the country but if people call their local hospital they can find out the schedule. I was at mine for a checkup and they asked me if I wanted it that day.

The same happened to me, the problem will be the second dose which will happen in one of two of our shopping malls here in Chiang rai, that I imagine is going to be a bit of a scrum, hopefully not, but I am not looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

The negativity in these forums makes me sick to my stomach. I really don't know why most of the members with 10,000+ negative posts don't just go home. 

You can actually post positive things.

Late work but great work at the moment. 

Well said. 

It maybe the case they can’t get the one of choice which is why they claim they can’t get one. 

We ( my wife & I ) registered and paid for 1 booster shot of Moderna. Received a LINE message from THG on 3rd Sept.  Had to complete some details for them, viz how many jabs so far and which vaccine. If 2nd jab hasn't been received when was it scheduled for.  According to a table they included in the message, I will have to wait for 3 months after receiving my 2nd AZ jab next month and my wife has wait 2 months after she receives her 2nd Sinopharm jab next week. We actually had to stipulate which month we would get the Moderna jab and choose a hospital in the province. So January it is for the booster shot for me, and the wife will wait until January for hers, so only one 300km round trip required.

7 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Whatever. More promises and reliance on Sinovac that nobody now wants.

What about us people over 60 that want 2 jabs of the Pfizer vaccine and are even willing to pay for them. Can you spare a few out of the 71 million jabs? And please can you send them to a Public Hospital?

• Like 1

Okay, so now we can lay back and watch the situation to develop like in Island, Israel etc.?

The word that vaccines don't reliably protect against infection, maybe not even against severity of symptoms (see what's going on in Israel), and that they may even fire up the development of new mutations because the virus has to 'break' the suppression doesn't seem to have reached Thailand yet.

Instead, they lead to dangerous 'over-confidence' and a feeling of false safety of the vaccinated, super-spreading events by infected vaccinated people, and we don't even know which other long-term effects the spike proteins and contained chemicals will cause to bodies, hormone and immune systems. It feels like high-stake gambling at this point and with the data that is available at this point in time (compared to what was claimed a couple of months ago).

Why doesn't Thailand open up in a careful manner, allow people to live their lives and aiming at building up natural immunity, while offering the *choice* of maximum protection to the risk groups instead of following this generalizing vaccine-only approach that so many countries have tried without sustainable success?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why they are talking about vaccinating 12-17 year old already . Let them vaccinate all the adults and voulnarable first fully before they try to start talk about an age group that is not in any danger . I understand that vaccinating that group will help the spread of the virus go down but they cannot even fully vaccinate the voulnarable yet get to those people first before blabbing their mouths again about getting millions and millions of vaccines without them being even here .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I don't understand why they are talking about vaccinating 12-17 year old already . Let them vaccinate all the adults and voulnarable first fully before they try to start talk about an age group that is not in any danger . I understand that vaccinating that group will help the spread of the virus go down but they cannot even fully vaccinate the voulnarable yet get to those people first before blabbing their mouths again about getting millions and millions of vaccines without them being even here .

Well said but here "normal" vaccination order with 'old' and 'sick' FIRST does not matter. Young, rich or with a government job matters. You need your military - just in case the mob makes trouble on the street haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

You can actually post positive things

Some elderly people like nothing more than moaning and this forum seems to be where they vent..

Could have gone back to their countries of birth and been vaccinated however i suspect most have burnt their bridges..

• Like 2