Two pet dogs reportedly poisoned in Pattaya, police searching for suspects

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Some Thai cities and towns deliberately cull the dog populations, as the soi dogs are completely out of control in many areas. 

Soi dog are doing a very good job .

They caught and sterilized more than 604000 cats and dogs in Thailand already .

That is the only way to reduce the number of suffering and hungry strays in Thailand .

They can count on my monthly contribution .

https://www.soidog.org/

soi dog .png

Edited by nobodysfriend

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Did you ever see how a poisoned dog suffers ?

Soon after I arrived here in Thailand ( 6 yrs ago ) , they poisoned my old friend Floyd ( 10 year old already and very friendly )  just to teach the ' farang ' a lesson .

He suffered for 45 minutes in my arms before he finally died . All around me were thais staring at my dying dog and me while some were smiling . I will never forget this . ( Time for revenge will come one day ...) 

Dogs , they do not do things like this .

Perhaps shooting them would be more acceptable to the sensitive then? It's a fallacy that Thais are kind to animals, they are just as hypocritical as westerners. Why did they kill your dog, presumably for a reason?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Slaughtering animals raised for human consumption is necessary for omnivores.

I think you mean carnivore, eating dead animals is NOT necessary for any human.

What makes you think that you know what I mean?  Humans are omnivores and eating slaughtered meat is a necessity for those who want to eat meat!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Perhaps shooting them would be more acceptable to the sensitive then? It's a fallacy that Thais are kind to animals, they are just as hypocritical as westerners. Why did they kill your dog, presumably for a reason?

There was no reason , we have been dining in a beach restaurant , Floyd , the dog , stayed near us as always , only a short time he went to see somebody else , he came back to our table , we've been talking to friends , somebody came over and told me that there is foam coming out of the mouth of my dog . I knew instantly what happened .

I called him out of the restaurant , he followed me , but could not see anything any more ... he hit a table and a chair on his way out ... I had nothing else than a few raw eggs to help him , I forced his mouth open , he swallowed , but too late already ... He died slowly and very painful .

We've been the attraction this day ... surrounded by the staring crowd .

I took his dead body to the Vet , his tongue was blue , the Vet said : Strychnin , or Rat poison .

That restaurant is now closed , a storm with big waves took half of it away ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I would rather eat a thick juicy steak cooked the way I like it rather than some putrid pretend veggie version.

Fair enough, but then you cannot call yourself an animal lover or whine about the odd dog being dealt with as you are responsible for animal slaughter yourself.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

There was no reason , we have been dining in a beach restaurant , Floyd , the dog , stayed near us as always , only a short time he went to see somebody else , he came back to our table , we've been talking to friends , somebody came over and told me that there is foam coming out of the mouth of my dog . I knew instantly what happened .

I called him out of the restaurant , he followed me , but could not see anything any more ... he hit a table and a chair on his way out ... I had nothing else than a few raw eggs to help him , I forced his mouth open , he swallowed , but too late already ... He died slowly and very painful .

We've been the attraction this day ... surrounded by the staring crowd .

I took his dead body to the Vet , his tongue was blue , the Vet said : Strychnin , or Rat poison .

That restaurant is now closed , a storm with big waves took half of it away ...

No way rat poison would kill that quick, strychnine for sure, seems like he ate something not meant for him in particular. Why would people be staring unless dogs were not allowed, or maybe a Muslim place?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Fair enough, but then you cannot call yourself an animal lover or whine about the odd dog being dealt with as you are responsible for animal slaughter yourself.

Very true, but I don't have dogs, never wanted dogs or cats or any animal for that matter, I have said it before & I'll say it again, if city hall give me a gun licence, 9 mm pistol and ammunition I'll clear any Soi dogs they want.

Just now, clivebaxter said:

No way rat poison would kill that quick, strychnine for sure, seems like he ate something not meant for him in particular. Why would people be staring unless dogs were not allowed, or maybe a Muslim place?

Rat poison consists of mainly Strychnin . It depends on the quantity swallowed how fast death comes .

I asked the restaurant owner  ( before we sat down ) , if he put rat poison somewhere near the restaurant , he denied it .

Somebody deliberately poisoned him . For what reason ?

I do not know .

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

Very true, but I don't have dogs, never wanted dogs or cats or any animal for that matter, I have said it before & I'll say it again, if city hall give me a gun licence, 9 mm pistol and ammunition I'll clear any Soi dogs they want.

If you do that somebody will certainly ' clear ' you as well ...

4 hours ago, Almer said:

I have a suggestion, contact the village headman and advise him due to continued rat infestation you will be putting rat poison outside your property and ask him to advise  the troublesome owners to best keep dogs inside for the foreseeable future.

Fat chance that would work! Rather you would get aggressive Thais at your front door demanding compensation for everything wrong in the area!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Wish domeone would do it to the bloomin dog that never stops barking all night and day at a house near us

If a dog behaves like this , it is because the ' owner ' does not treat it the way it should be treated . Species appropriate .

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Why would people be staring

Because there was a freaking dog foaming at the mouth! Dog lovers would have been staring in sympathy, and everyone else I assume would have been worried about their own personal well being!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Because there was a freaking dog foaming at the mouth! Dog lovers would have been staring in sympathy, and everyone else I assume would have been worried about their own personal well being!

so why smile at a dying dog? - ' while some were smiling'

On 9/12/2021 at 3:57 PM, nobodysfriend said:

Soi dog are doing a very good job .

They caught and sterilized more than 604000 cats and dogs in Thailand already .

That is the only way to reduce the number of suffering and hungry strays in Thailand .

They can count on my monthly contribution .

https://www.soidog.org/

soi dog .png

That number is over many years, but the diagram suggests they did 604k in one year, no way. All that has done is slow the population growth, the numbers still increase every year and the dogs they snip are still pests, just not reproducing. Long term their minuscule effort is not a solution. I fail to see why recusing dogs from the meat trade is any more worthy than rescuing pigs, cows and sheep- that they don't care about.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

so why smile at a dying dog? - ' while some were smiling'

Quite simply I don't believe that people were smiling, at least not at what was happening to the dog. I have no doubt that the person telling the story thinks that's what they observed, but they were clearly in a very emotional state at the time and very possibly read the faces of people wrong.

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Quite simply I don't believe that people were smiling, at least not at what was happening to the dog. I have no doubt that the person telling the story thinks that's what they observed, but they were clearly in a very emotional state at the time and very possibly read the faces of people wrong.

Well it is entirely possible some local neighbours were none too sad at the plight of the dogs due to past irritations.... It would be a risk to do it openly and perhaps incite the wrath of the ex-boxer dog owner.

My old street had a dog that terrorized all who went by on foot, but especially on a motorbike. Until one day it attacked a policeman who shot it.... I was not too sad. but suppressed a smirk!

Edited by jacko45k

On 9/12/2021 at 9:12 AM, thailandbeachisland said:

Petsfanscom I Wish There Were Tougher Laws for People Who Hurt Animals | Animals  Meme on ME.ME

I wish there were tougher laws for people, who let their dogs bark outside their home 24/7. Here in Bangkok I have a neighbour just 20 metres away, who has a dog that for years has been been preventing me from having a good sleep, as all night it is constantly barking about 10 seconds apart. I guess that it was also quite cute as a puppy, but to fall asleap, I am counting barks instead of sheep, which is not working very well.

• Like 1