90 Day report by EMS query

I read here a while ago that one member who does the 90 day report by mail uses EMS both ways I.E. both to immigration and the envelope back to himself.

As the postal system has become very erratic I thought I would give it a go (never had any success with on-line) but cannot get either of my local post offices to do it. One way is fine - to immigration - but not for the return envelope, so I am wondering why this might be.

I have a theory (and it is only a theory) that it may be that EMS tracking can only be done from the post office where the service originated from so my question is, do any members have any similar experience or indeed actually know how the system works and can throw some light on this for me.

If it can't be done then that is that but it would be nice to know for sure as I get a bit twitchy over the 6 to 8 weeks it takes for the envelope to travel a distance that takes an hour in a car.

Cheers and have a happy Sunday if you can.

When I was doing 90 day reports by mail the post office would not do a EMS sticker for the return envelope due to it being a different postal code. I got 37 or 40 baht worth of stamps to put on the return envelope and wrote EMS in large red letters under the stamps. No tracking number of course.

I did it by EMS rather than waiting around for regular mail to be received..

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

When I was doing 90 day reports by mail the post office would not do a EMS sticker for the return envelope due to it being a different postal code. I got 37 or 40 baht worth of stamps to put on the return envelope and wrote EMS in large red letters under the stamps. No tracking number of course.

I did it by EMS rather than waiting around for regular mail to be received..

Joe did they reply you back? Was the 90 day report successful?

23 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Joe did they reply you back? Was the 90 day report successful?

Yes

But that was the office here in Ubon. I started doing them by mail when they moved the office further away until the opened a sub office here in the city.

They did the reports the day after they it was received. One of them the did it the same day and I received it about 48 hours after it was sent.

• Thanks 1

A new EMS sticker needs to be generated at CW (or maybe the Laksi mail processing facility) for the return envelope.

Just put 37 baht worth of stamps on the return envelope and write EMS in red on the envelope.

I have been able to get my local PO to affix an EMS sticker but Imm/CW has placed their own sticker over mine recently.

52 minutes ago, narisarasgroove said:

I have a theory (and it is only a theory) that it may be that EMS tracking can only be done from the post office where the service originated

Yes, this has been confirmed. The EMS sticker needs to be created where the item enters the system.

54 minutes ago, narisarasgroove said:

I get a bit twitchy over the 6 to 8 weeks it takes for the envelope to travel a distance that takes an hour in a car.

Envelope usually takes less than 24 hours to "travel". The other 40-ish days? "In process at CW".

Although not done postal mail report for a while:

I had also simply put 40 Baht on the return envelope and got it back with EMS sticker.

That was in Khon Kaen.

Of course it means that immigration delivers it to post office and requests registration. There is no way for me to get a registration for the return envelope.

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

But that was the office here in Ubon. I started doing them by mail when they moved the office further away until the opened a sub office here in the city.

They did the reports the day after they it was received. One of them the did it the same day and I received it about 48 hours after it was sent.

Joe , can you please list the required documents ?

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

I include the TM47.

Passport copies of identity page.

TM6 (both sides) .

Most recent entry stamp.

Most recent extension stamp.

My original non O stamp OR info re that stamp transferred into current pp.

Last (current) TM47 receipt.

I use 2 B4 envelopes. 

Doing this imm (CW) return all my photocopies and new TM47 for next report. 

Obviously I use EMS. 

Tried EMS for return and was posted normal mail.

The letter you pst arrives next day.

Obviously online easier however using mail in is ok. 

Sample of EMS tracking and list of items to include with address for CW report.

Note: That report was sent midday from Samet island and arrived CW imm next day.

Amazing.

Screenshot_20210912-114925.jpg

Screenshot_20210912-114903.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

The info is here but you would mail it to your local office not to Bangkok immigration.

Mailing it 15 days before is a Bangkok requirement. Others will accept if it is received 7 day before the report date that is the official rule.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

• Like 1