CELIBACY: The Oft Neglected Choice for a Better Life

GammaGlobulin

In fact, lifestyle changes are not that difficult.

One can, for example, swear off chocolate pudding or crab cakes, for life, and reap positive consequences.

Don't just go with the flow if you think you might live a better life by finding a better way.

Celibacy is very underrated in our present culture.

Please do not knock it unless you have first tried it.

I have tried it, for 20 years.

Too have a topic to start the day with, beside many of us forced into Celibacy now whether we like it or not  because of the Covid situation not wanting to take the chance on the local lasses and it is hard to do without...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

One can, for example, swear off chocolate pudding or crab cakes, for life, and reap positive consequences.

Don't just go with the flow if you think you might live a better life by finding a better way.

Good for you, each to his own. I have a good life with my wife and 2 kids. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have tried it, unwillingly for more years of my life than not celibate. Some of those years were when I was living with women that should have been having sex with me, but refused.

IMO celibacy is un natural. No animal other than humans would be celibate from choice.

IMO celibacy is an abomination that causes such catastrophes as have happened in the Catholic Church.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am free.

Free at last.

God almighty, I am free at last.

And how does this reconcile w/your other post about your loins? And lusting after someone else's wife? 

Though the saddest part is getting Pete Seeger stuck in your head..

Edited by 1FinickyOne
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farmerslife said:

This is grade A deluxe trolling. 

Very funny, though.

If I had to pick a favourite line it's this one - 

"Instead, enjoy women’s company as you would the Bronte Sisters, all three or four of them, at once."

- but there a several other contenders.

Take a bow Mr. GG,  thanks for making me laugh out loud.  

I never thought of that.  Your right.  He is probably one of those who gets a kick out of people taking it serious when he is talking rollocks / making it up.

The trouble being that normal people dont see the fun in being infantile and a smartarse.

He probably got an erection when reading we thought he was being serious.

Oh well ... he took me in.   (I am so young and innocent).

So your erection well deserved, sir. Enjoy.

Mind you ...  I only read the OP heading and peoples postings.  Durrrrrrrr.

So I blame the posters for being taken in.. ($mileee).

Edited by PAWNEESE

I think the OP's post is a bit missionary, but I also think he has some valid points.

Just a few generation back it was common that the path of the monk living in celibacy was a natural choice people had in their life.

Nowadays you become inundated in media, press, social media, school etc. with lovesickness, sexual longing, etc. etc. that some people whose nature is more to be alone and not in a relationship with a woman feel like there life is unhappy, unfulfilled, excluded from society, worthless, maybe even sick.

That is very sad and therefore I think it is good that the path of living in celibacy comes back as an option for those people who have this tendency. I think they will feel liberated and empowered to know that it is okay to live without a woman, without sex, without marriaae or a girl friend.

For most of civilisation the way of a monk was a choice, but now it has all but disappeared from the collective societal attention. But I think a life in solitude and silence living in your spiritual center would be an appealing choice to people who have this tendency.

But of course not for people who are married and have children and responsibility in their life.

It shouldn't be forced on anyone but it should be a valid and real option for anyone who has this tendency and not looked upon as something strange or weird but as one possible path of self-realization.

• Like 1

Understand the point of view. Certainly, celibacy has been pointed to for centuries to allow a life less encumbered while focusing on the internal higher pursuits. Guess I have lived a more balanced life (just evolved). Most time after age 21 with a significant other but the were a couple of 4 years stretches when I lived alone, traveled alone (OK, few encounters during those times). No, I know myself very well, I enjoy sharing with a significant other. Hey, what can you expect from someone turned to being a lifelong educator?