Is there a test available,that shows that you have had Covid,but that you're now free from it?

Bosse137

7 minutes ago, meechai said:

Yes of course it is the covid antibody test. Any hospital & probably most labs can provide it for a price.

If you have the antibodies in your blood then yes you have already had C19

Thankyou for your answer! Actually I knew that already,but what I do not know is,how to determine,that I am not sick from it any more? I mean,if I have the antibodies,and I want to have a helthcertificate,how does that work out???

1 hour ago, Bosse137 said:

Thankyou for your answer! Actually I knew that already,but what I do not know is,how to determine,that I am not sick from it any more? I mean,if I have the antibodies,and I want to have a helthcertificate,how does that work out???

Not possible at this time. 

3 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

You won't get one as you only get one when being vaccinated.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Not possible at this time. 

do not start to think logically Bosse137....it will do your head in.

• Haha 2

When you get a flu vaccine you are actually getting a mixture of vaccines against different variants.  The covid vaccinations may end up like that too.

I guess what you are asking for is an antibody test to see if you already have antibodies for covid.  But say you had the alpha variant before and now get exposed to the delta variant you might not have much protection against it.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, rwill said:

When you get a flu vaccine you are actually getting a mixture of vaccines against different variants.  The covid vaccinations may end up like that too.

I guess what you are asking for is an antibody test to see if you already have antibodies for covid.  But say you had the alpha variant before and now get exposed to the delta variant you might not have much protection against it.

I agree to that. But doesn`t the same goes for people,who are vaccinated against,in this case,alpha !? And BTW,following your logic,since it seems to be no end to mutations (I think there are already four known?), most vaccinations won`t work... Alternativly,get new jabs all the time...

2 minutes ago, mikecha said:

you can do a blood test and see what your body has made against coovid this can be printed out and proves you have had this virus 

but in the future you wil need vaxines otherwise can not travel or go anywhere 

Please read the "User`s guide to Thailand`s new digital health pass" .

8 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

Very funny..Actually,I have had a lot of vaccines in my life;before I was a UN soldier,in school when I grow up,a.s.o.But,they were proven vaccines;not somthing put together in a desperate haste! I do not say "Man up and take the chans/risk to get the virus by not vaccinate" I respect everyones right to decide for him/her self,as long as one take all the other demanded precorsions

I call B.S... Did you do all the research before you had vax for school or as a soldier? Did you find out how long the vax had been around? Comorbidities? Did you read all the non-scientific articles on those vaxed you got years ago?

My guess is absolutely not. You just took them. Now you have unverified info pumped right into your consciousness and your tune has changed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What is most effective,to have an inactivated form af virus injected

Dude, you DO realize that there are TWO TYPES of covid vaccine. One type IS NOT made from inactivated virus.

Good thing you are up to date on all this and able to make an educated decision.

It doesn't. The research on antibody protection from having the disease is inconclusive. 

2 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

I agree to that. But doesn`t the same goes for people,who are vaccinated against,in this case,alpha !? And BTW,following your logic,since it seems to be no end to mutations (I think there are already four known?), most vaccinations won`t work... Alternativly,get new jabs all the time...

Yep, just like the flu.

you do a PCR to check if you are still sick and an antibody to check if you had it in the past.

there is no 1-stop solution as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bosse137 said:

In "A user`s guide to Thailand`s new digital health pass" it says,among other things,that you have to be fully vaccinated, OR tested negativ over the last seven days,at an officially recogniced venue.It also says,that those who have recently caught,and recovered from COVID-19,will be exemted. It does not say,that you must be vaccinated to get it! So still the question;if you have the antibodies,how to know if you are healthy? (Wether vaccinated or not)

It is quite straightforward.

If you have been vaccinated you get a certificate to say so.

If you have had a PCR test you get a certificate to say covid was not detected.

If you have had covid you can get a doctor's certificate to confirm infection and recovery. Fairly obvious this would only apply to those that have been registered as covid patients.

Antibody testing is still in it's infancy and still very unreliable. As far as I am aware these tests cannot be used as a definitive reference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikebike said:

Dude, you DO realize that there are TWO TYPES of covid vaccine. One type IS NOT made from inactivated virus.

Good thing you are up to date on all this and able to make an educated decision.

I am not up to date on all this! That is why I turn to this forum,hoping to get answers from experts like you !(Although even the experts seems to disagree....)

• Like 2