Is there a test available,that shows that you have had Covid,but that you're now free from it?

Bosse137

On 9/13/2021 at 1:06 PM, sead said:

Antibody test shows that you had covid 

Among other things, the Covid-19 antibody test can show that a person had Covid-19. The test can also be positive if the tested person

1. was infected with SARS-Cov-2 but never suffered from Covid-19 (asymptomatic infection); or
  2. was vaccinated for Covid-19
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 1:53 PM, dadadede said:

you do a PCR to check if you are still sick and an antibody to check if you had it in the past.

there is no 1-stop solution as far as I know.

An antibody test shows if you have antibodies. It does not prove conclusively that you were infected with the virus or suffered from the disease in the past. A vaccination also results in a positive antibody test, without and prior infection or disease.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, Bosse137 said:

Yes,I know that.But how to know,if I still have the desease or not? Have got some answers,so I have to be ok with that for now.Thanks anyway!!

See here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1231291-is-there-a-test-availablethat-shows-that-you-have-had-covidbut-that-youre-now-free-from-it/?do=findComment&comment=16820727

If you have had covid you can get a doctor's certificate to confirm infection and recovery. Fairly obvious this would only apply to those that have been registered as covid patients.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:14 PM, edwarda909 said:

Abbot Panbio Covid 19 Antibodies  IgG/IgM Rapid  Test.  If you have IgM then you probably have current infection. If you have only IgG you have had prior infection, but unknown how long ago.

What type of antibodies does a person who never was infected but who was vaccinated have?

On 9/13/2021 at 6:26 PM, rbkk said:

For never vaccinated person:

Testing positive for antibody against either N, S, or RBD indicates prior natural infection.

For vaccinated person:

Testing positive for antibody against the vaccine antigen target, such as the S protein, and negative for other antigens suggests that they have produced vaccine-induced antibody and that they were never infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Testing positive for any antibody other than the vaccine-induced antibody, such as the N protein, indicates resolving or resolved SARS-CoV-2 infection that could have occurred before or after vaccination.

https://ayassbioscience.com/igm-antibody-testing-igg-antibody-testing-covid-19/

Thank you very much. This answers the question I asked a moment ago.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:49 PM, watthong said:

This kind of post being allowed to stand and not taken down, makes one wonder what is the real function of folks whose job it is to "moderate" this forum. Maybe moderation has gone out the window, now that desperation (for readership) has begun to set in.

Did you report the post, ie click on the the three horizontal dots at the top right of the post, then click on "Report" and give the reason for your report? You have to let mummy know that you pooed for her to wipe your backside.

• Haha 1