Is there a test available,that shows that you have had Covid,but that you're now free from it?

Bosse137

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Antibody testing is still in it's infancy and still very unreliable. As far as I am aware these tests cannot be used as a definitive reference.

These are the tests done to determine the effectiveness of the vaccines. They repeat the tests few months after the full vaccination is done to test how long the vax is good for

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

This is already in place in certain EU countries. And its not necessarily a requirement to have been hospitalized. You can take a test and get a valid pass for 6 months.

I was referring to Thailand. Here it WAS/(is) a requirement one was hospitalized (in Thailand) to get the certificate - wherefore the hospital could issue the certificate. They have no other way of doing it HERE. Cheers!

1 hour ago, edwarda909 said:

Abbot Panbio Covid 19 Antibodies  IgG/IgM Rapid  Test.  If you have IgM then you probably have current infection. If you have only IgG you have had prior infection, but unknown how long ago.

For never vaccinated person:

Testing positive for antibody against either N, S, or RBD indicates prior natural infection.

For vaccinated person:

Testing positive for antibody against the vaccine antigen target, such as the S protein, and negative for other antigens suggests that they have produced vaccine-induced antibody and that they were never infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Testing positive for any antibody other than the vaccine-induced antibody, such as the N protein, indicates resolving or resolved SARS-CoV-2 infection that could have occurred before or after vaccination.

https://ayassbioscience.com/igm-antibody-testing-igg-antibody-testing-covid-19/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

mRNA vaccines aren't new technology.

"But the development of mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 is no overnight success. In fact, they have a remarkable back story stretching back decades."

https://www.uab.edu/news/youcanuse/item/12059-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-how-could-anything-developed-this-quickly-be-safe

I stay corrected.Thanks for the detailed info,it cast a new light on things.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

mRNA vaccines aren't new technology.

"But the development of mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 is no overnight success. In fact, they have a remarkable back story stretching back decades."

https://www.uab.edu/news/youcanuse/item/12059-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-how-could-anything-developed-this-quickly-be-safe

Great article, thanks for sharing it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

These are the tests done to determine the effectiveness of the vaccines. They repeat the tests few months after the full vaccination is done to test how long the vax is good for

But they do not really know how long the vax is good for as the test is not that reliable.

The UK and AZ disagree over the need for boosters.

The vaccines are still providing strong protection, a year on from the initial two doses, says the scientist who developed the Oxford-AZ vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58507436

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

But they do not really know how long the vax is good for as the test is not that reliable.

The UK and AZ disagree over the need for boosters.

The vaccines are still providing strong protection, a year on from the initial two doses, says the scientist who developed the Oxford-AZ vaccine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58507436

Welcome to the covid world where nobody knows anything and most decisions are mostly politically driven

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Welcome to the covid world where nobody knows anything and most decisions are mostly politically driven

Whose decisions?

Governments? If so, no need to state the patently obvious...

Individuals? Why would an informed individual make a political decision?

Doctors and researchers? Nope.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

Alot of people have manned up as you put it and died after having the vaccine 

This kind of post being allowed to stand and not taken down, makes one wonder what is the real function of folks whose job it is to "moderate" this forum. Maybe moderation has gone out the window, now that desperation (for readership) has begun to set in.

• Sad 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:44 AM, Bosse137 said:

Vaccin is a kind of inactivated form of the desease,injected in order to ctreate immundefence. If one already has had the desease,and overcome it,it must be an even better defence,I think. So,is there a test,that can verify that you already has have it,and that you now is free from it? If so,one doesn`t need to be vaccineted,and can ,perhaps,get a helthpass?

There's a saying, "See the forest for the trees." Let me translate that for you...It means free yourself from the hysteria that has made you blabber this kind of mumbo-jumbo in the first place. My advice is calm down and google up some basic info. The fact that you professed looking for it on this forum makes me kind of wonder if that was your real motive.

On 9/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, hottrader77 said:

Alot of people have manned up as you put it and died after having the vaccine , update yourself on antibodys and how they give you immunity

"A lot of people" very subjective.

Out of 5.79 billion doses administered world wide.

Posters here are referring to less that 1% chance of dying from COVID like that's pretty good, vaccine deaths are a lot lower than that.

1% of 5.79 billion is 57,900,000, that would definitely be a lot of people dying.

One is enough if its you but...

It's a matter of figuring out the relative risk.

Getting antibodies by contracting COVID is certainly a lot riskier that getting a vaccine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, watthong said:

There's a saying, "See the forest for the trees." Let me translate that for you...It means free yourself from the hysteria that has made you blabber this kind of mumbo-jumbo in the first place. My advice is calm down and google up some basic info. The fact that you professed looking for it on this forum makes me kind of wonder if that was your real motive.

I think you should "calm down" and try to understand what my post was about! It was NOT about trying to get the virus in order to create antibodies; I talked about the "hysteria" of people,almost falling over them selves to get vaccinated,instead of calming down and think first. My line of thoughts was the following: If you found out,by a test,that you ALREADY have the antibodies,why would you need to vaccinate to get them!? In stead of your "mubo-jumbo",tell me what is logically wrong with that idea.If you manage to do that,I will accept it,and even say "thankyou" And if you are able to see all "the trees in the forest",you should have seen in my post,that I also asked for a test that,in case I had antibodies,could show,that I was NO LONGER SICK,and therefore might be able to get a healthpass. Sorry if I offended you by putting this thoughts and questions on this forum!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

(ignoring the rest of the argument and sticking with the debate). 

In simple terms, you are correct that someone who has had covid-19 will not require vaccination in the nearly future as their body already has antibodies, however, they may require a ‘vaccine boost’ as Neutralising antibodies are expected to decline over a period of time. 

Those vaccinated also need a ‘booster’ as the Neutralising antibodies also decline over a period of time. 

That said: Antibodies are not the sole factor in determining immunity; T Cell and B Cell also contribute towards immunity and this can last longer. Additionally, Immunity is induced differently by natural infection versus vaccination.

Then of course we have the issue of ‘variant strains’ where immunity to previous strains of SARS-CoV-2 may not be present for newer strains, or immunity may be partial, or immunity may be still be present. 

There are too many variables - the common sense approach would seem to be that IF someone had Covid-19 a year ago it is likely (although not proven) that any immunity they had was to an older original variant and will have diminished. There is no *harm in receiving a booster vaccination or both vaccines doses. 

(*deliberately avoiding the anti-vaccination arguments)

Before this post,I have had some info from friendly people,that has been useful,thanks to them ! From this post,I have got everything I need to know,Thanks!!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2021 at 3:03 AM, Bosse137 said:

I talked about the "hysteria" of people,almost falling over them selves to get vaccinated,instead of calming down and think first.

What is there to think about?

I went into a pub in Dublin yesterday and you had to show vaccination proof to get served.

Obviously no problem for the temperence.

On 9/13/2021 at 5:02 AM, meechai said:

Yes of course it is the covid antibody test. Any hospital & probably most labs can provide it for a price.

If you have the antibodies in your blood then yes you have already had C19

To the best of my knowledge I have not had Covid-19, but I have antibodies because I have been vaccinated. Does an antibody test differentiate between antibodies resulting from an infection and antibodies resulting from a vaccination?

On 9/13/2021 at 5:13 AM, Bosse137 said:

Thankyou for your answer! Actually I knew that already,but what I do not know is,how to determine,that I am not sick from it any more? I mean,if I have the antibodies,and I want to have a helthcertificate,how does that work out???

I am not aware of any "helthcertificate" or health certificate being issued on the basis of a positive antibody test.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:27 AM, Bosse137 said:

...So still the question;if you have the antibodies,how to know if you are healthy?...

In the context of Covid-19, being healthy can be defined as

1. currently not being infected with SARS-Cov-2; and
  2. currently not suffering from symptoms associated with Covid-19

On 9/13/2021 at 9:27 AM, Bosse137 said:
On 9/13/2021 at 8:20 AM, FritsSikkink said:

You won't get one as you only get one when being vaccinated.

In "A user`s guide to Thailand`s new digital health pass" it says,among other things,that you have to be fully vaccinated, OR tested negativ over the last seven days,at an officially recogniced venue.It also says,that those who have recently caught,and recovered from COVID-19,will be exemted...

You failed to give a link. Are you referring to this news article:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-users-guide-to-thailands-new-digital-health-pass/

This article is confusingly written and not useful to support an application for the so-called digital health pass. See if you can find more authoritative information on the website of the Ministry of Public Health or at one of the designated centres for the issuance of the so-called digital health pass.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, mikecha said:

you can do a blood test and see what your body has made against coovid this can be printed out and proves you have had this virus...

A positive antibody test is not conclusive proof of having had the virus. The test result can be positive also if there has never been and infection with SARS-Cov-2 but if the tested person was vaccinated.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, Bosse137 said:

Please read the "User`s guide to Thailand`s new digital health pass" .

The website of the Ministry of Public Health has the following page about the digital health pass:

https://www.moph.go.th/index.php/COVID_19_privacy_notice

No mention is made about an antibody test being acceptable for an application for the digital health pass.

There is also this PDF document about the work in progress for the digital health pass:

https://spd.moph.go.th/new_bps/sites/default/files/suppa_digitaL_health_pass.pdf

Again, no mention of an antibody test being acceptable, as far as I can see.