Investigation launched after Thai police plane allegedly used to smuggle bootleg liquor

webfact

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah brought in illegal contraband that had probably been smuggled across the border for personal gain and use in his own possible establishment since Thailand will open to the world starting in October.  He is in some deep doo-doo and will be moved to an inactive post, maybe scrubbing toilets.....

If it is his own establishment, and he is a senior policeman then it is very probable that it has remained open for business throughout the closedown, like very many such "connected" establishments.

• Like 2

I barely know anything about Thailand, but even I know about police being involved in all sorts of illicit activity, from running bars that are officially closed to operating live-streaming with ladies who apparently don’t care about Covid.

Imagine Thai citizens who see this every day.

And, of course, everyone knows that many transgressions can be wiped clean for some amount of baht, just the cost of doing business.

Just now, Moonlover said:

''Thai police helicopter allegedly used to smuggle bootleg liquor''

Strange headline. Both the CN235-220M and a Falcon 2000 are fixed wing aircraft.

Now that's some strong bootleg liquor there for you. What more proof do you need?

????

3 hours ago, bbko said:

My wife has a cousin that's a mia noi for a high ranking army officer and he has a side business besides the military and let's just say his side business does very well

Army, police, same same. I've yet to see one single high ranking military/police officer that's had to declare his assets not being a multi millionaire. And that's the declared assets so one can only guess which of the following explanations is correct:

1. They have to be rich to be allowed to become a high ranking officer.

2. They all have to be business geniuses turning meager salaries into fortunes.

3. There's something rotten in the state of Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The police's own regulatory authority are also now involved in the investigation said Daily News.

How they can justify investigating their own is beyond me, it gives no one the confidence to believe an enquiry will ever be impartial. At least the Joe Ferrari case was take on by another Police area.

Edited by Asquith Production
spelling mistake
  • Like 1