Anyone Applied For Visa At London Embassy Ready To Get Non O When Back In Thailand

I am thinking of returning to Thailand but my old Non O has expired so have to start the process again in London 

Has anyone already done this through Thai London Embassy during 2021 and were there any new requirements or documentation required other than usual pension income proof, bank statements and P60 tax forms?

Any other things you think I should think about within the process 

Thanks in advance for all or any replies

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.

You need medical insurance coverage for 40k baht outpatient and 400k baht insurance coverage valid for 90 days from the day you enter the country.

There rest is about the same other than having to apply for it online.

You will need a certificate of entry (COE) to enter the country. 

info can be found here on embassy website. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

• Like 1

Note that you have the option of entering Thailand visa exempt, and applying for the Non O visa at Immigration inside Thailand. This avoids the need for the 400k/40k general medical insurance, and also means you need the Covid insurance for a shorter period.

If you are in a position to deposit 800k baht in a Thai bank account, the above is what I recommend.

Would appreciate your thoughts on my situation.

I have previously (but not last winter) travelled on a Non-O visa (based on being a UK pensioner) 90 days, after which have taken a short trip out of country, before returning on a tourist visa (then valid for 30 days).  This gave me a stay of 4 months.  I am married to a Thai national.  I have not previously had to deposit any monies in a Thai bank account (although I have one) and would prefer not to.  As I am also over 75, insurance issues have become expensive.  Previously, I have not bothered, as I am very fit for my age (OK, I know it's not advisable, but I am willing to take the chance !).  

What would be the best option to repeat my previous trips ?  Many thanks in anticipation.

43 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

What would be the best option to repeat my previous trips ?  Many thanks in anticipation.

Can not exit and reenter easily so that rules out previous method you mentioned.

You can enter visa exempt or tourist visa. Both of those can be extended by 30 days.

Being married you can also obtain 60 day to visit wife. 

Best imo is to enter visa exempt and place 400baht in your Thai bank account. Yes you mentioned not wanting to do that. Nonetheless best option.  That money only has to be in bank the day you apply for your non O (in Thailand). No seasoning.

That gives you 90 days. 

The 60 to visit wife always up sleeve if more visit time wanted.

Try come later in the year in hope that quarantine will be not required.

You also need to look into other current requirements such as COE etc 

Edited by DrJack54