Thailand Road Carnage: More booze bans and checkpoints needed - look at lockdown success

webfact

1 hour ago, Virt said:

Because of that i never tried to get my drivers license.

I love my beers to much.

So it's maybe a cheap shot from me when i suggest that all cars worldwide should be equipped with an alco lock.....

Leave it at home when you go out....... 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 5:55 AM, El Guap said:

Drinking is not the real cause of road accidents in Thailand. The real cause is that most Thais do not know how to drive. I drive better drunk than they can sober.

How do you know?  If this is because you drive while drunk then you are at least as much at fault because you have the benefit of better education and - as demonstrated here - know that you should not be driving drunk. 

Driving while impaired, especially when you know others on the road are less than well qualified so you are more likely to need good concentration, observation and reaction, is irresponsible.

Two wrongs do not make a right; if farangs want to continue to believe themselves better than the locals, then they should set a good example by doing the right thing themselves.

PH

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

How do you know?  If this is because you drive while drunk then you are at least as much at fault because you have the benefit of better education and - as demonstrated here - know that you should not be driving drunk. 

Driving while impaired, especially when you know others on the road are less than well qualified so you are more likely to need good concentration, observation and reaction, is irresponsible.

Two wrongs do not make a right; if farangs want to continue to believe themselves better than the locals, then they should set a good example by doing the right thing themselves.

PH

Please get off your high horse.

what a numpty post.

On 9/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, possum1931 said:

So the breweries don't pass on thick enough brown envelopes to the unelected PM. ????

He asked them for money at the beginning of the covid out break, they offered to loan the money, he refused, so they didn't contribute. Same when Tesco Started the Army tried to extort money, Tesco refused. BANG!  Grenade is thrown into one of there stores. Tesco threaten to close ALL their stores in Thailand, placing thousands of Thais out of work. The government and foreign Embassies persuaded them to put a stop to it.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So driving while drunk is fine.  As long as you are farang.  That your stance?

PH

Your making the mistake, like many others here.

Thailand is conning you, they hide behind the drink driving 

stuff year in year out.

When the real truth is most Thai drivers and riders just don't care how they behave on the roads. they kill there children, there parents there friends and total strangers.

and they do this,  mostly stone cold sober.

Thailand needs to grow a pair and tell the truth about how some Thai people behave on the roads. and treat them accordingly

Sure drunk driving is a problem, but its' not the whole truth.

but they wont tell you that, it's just to easy to say the alcohol did it. Not the bad people of Thailand did it.

And anyone who thinks the Farangs are the bad guys, 

on the roads of Thailand, are just plain stupid or blind.

Rant over, bye.

Edited by Orinoco

8 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Your making the mistake, like many others here.

Thailand is conning you, they hide behind the drink driving 

stuff year in year out.

When the real truth is most Thai drivers and riders just don't care how they behave on the roads. they kill there children, there parents there friends and total strangers.

and they do this,  mostly stone cold sober.

Thailand needs to grow a pair and tell the truth about how some Thai people behave on the roads. and treat them accordingly

Sure drunk driving is a problem, but its' not the whole truth.

but they wont tell you that, it's just to easy to say the alcohol did it. Not the bad people of Thailand did it.

And anyone who thinks the Farangs are the bad guys, 

on the roads of Thailand, are just plain stupid or blind.

Rant over, bye.

If you calmed down a bit, you might be able to realsie that I was not condoning bad driving at all.  By anyone.  The post I repleid to implied that the poster thought it perfectly acceptable for him (not Thais) to drive while drunk because even when he was he considered himself better than most Thai drivers.  Whether that statement is true or not is beside the point - the poster would most certainly be less safe driving while drunk than driving while sober.

PH